Question about identity

Pages Prev123Next
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Smuggins wrote...
I am sure I'll get more downvotes, but what about these two:

Fakkusers (Fakku + Users)

Ooh, I like this one.
But let's shortern it/ make it more appealing, and removing the plural so it flows better.
Fakkuser
Still can shorten it more
Fakkuzr
Hmm, nah
Fakkuza
There we go, that's better

Cruz wrote...
Fakuzza.

Unless you're from Incoherent Babbling.

I can't even remember what we used to call outselves. I know half of us are that in certain places, which seems to basically be the ib crowd
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Drifter995 wrote...
Cruz wrote...
Fakuzza.

I can't even remember what we used to call outselves. I know half of us are that in certain places, which seems to basically be the ib crowd

IB-tards feels right to me. Not sure if that was what we were called though.

CTFG users were sometimes called Chatfags.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Drifter995 wrote...
Ooh, I like this one.
But let's shortern it/ make it more appealing, and removing the plural so it flows better.
Fakkuser
Still can shorten it more
Fakkuzr
Hmm, nah
Fakkuza
There we go, that's better

I tip my hat to you!

Faktions (groups of Fakku users who spend their time in pursuit of the answer to life, the universe, and everything)
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Gravity cat wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Cruz wrote...
Fakuzza.

Yep, CTFG users were Chatfags. IB users were... well, IB users.
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Gravity cat wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Cruz wrote...
Fakuzza.

Still feels as if there was some kind of self-deprecating name we gave ourselves.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Gravity cat wrote...
Still feels as if there was some kind of self-deprecating name we gave ourselves.

I enjoy self-deprecation!

Faktation (The excretion of milk when visiting Fakku... thought I wouldn't call it milk per se.)

Olfaktory (The nerves that detect the heady aroma of a new Fakku book, right after the shedding of the plastic wrap)

Polyfaktyl (The ability to peruse Fakku with only one hand...)
Fallan Kamen Rider Cheeki
Gravity cat wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Gravity cat wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Cruz wrote...
Fakuzza.

Cause CTFG was really weird way back when.
Fallan wrote...
Gravity cat wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Gravity cat wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Cruz wrote...
Fakuzza.

Cause CTFG was really weird way back when.

I meant IB.
Never did dabble in CTFG for extended periods of time so I can't comment on its weirdness. Although I do know it was rife with roleplays.
Fallan Kamen Rider Cheeki
Gravity cat wrote...

I meant IB.
Never did dabble in CTFG for extended periods of time so I can't comment on its weirdness. Although I do know it was rife with roleplays.

Aye it was. I think it was also the reason why it was divided in the first place? Not sure. But it was also in IB before.
Sorry @Smuggins but it doesn't seem like you're winning anyone over.

My suggestion: Just call yourself "a member of the FAKKU community". It's simple, it's concise, it requires no additional explanation, and nobody will question you for saying it. The whole Fakkuza thing is a long standing nickname that people aren't in a rush to change. Your objection seems to be more of a personal one as I don't think it's actually causing anyone any problems. You're free to express yourself about it but I think it's going to be pretty darn hard to get anyone to come around. Call it what you want, and stick with it. Just doing that much should have some effect.
Papa Nito Enemy Stand
Never cared for community labels. Played games religiously for 25 years, never liked being called a "gamer" that much. I prefer to indulge in things, and not wear a brand. I just personally find it pretty cringy. I just simply say "I use Fakku".
Smuggins Just Some Guy
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
Sorry @Smuggins but it doesn't seem like you're winning anyone over.

Oh, was that what I was supposed to do? Now you tell me...

I knew that the kind of people who think Fakkuza is a good nick, also are the people who would actively attack anyone who would suggest something else. I think this thread validates that (just today I got 5 downvotes). They are also the types to take this topic waaaay too seriously.

People will refer to themselves as they see fit, beauty of freedom and self determination.

Radiofaktive (The uniquely erotic radioactivity given off by well Fakku books.)

Refakted (The un-censoring of H material that is posted to Fakku.)
Well I'm not really around anymore so I can't say I care, but back in the days it was this:

Forum Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/-KLoWn-/TheFakkuza.jpg
Smuggins wrote...
I knew that the kind of people who think Fakkuza is a good nick, also are the people who would actively attack anyone who would suggest something else.

OK well Brittany was the very first person to say it in this thread and if you think Brittany is the kind of person to go and attack someone for an idea then I think maybe your perception of reality is a little warped.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
Smuggins wrote...
I knew that the kind of people who think Fakkuza is a good nick, also are the people who would actively attack anyone who would suggest something else.

OK well Brittany was the very first person to say it in this thread and if you think Brittany is the kind of person to go and attack someone for an idea then I think maybe your perception of reality is a little warped.

I guess you can try to make my statement into an attack on Brittany if you want, but cheese, talk about warping...

Did Brittany attack me? Did Brittany say she liked the nick? See how there are several missing elements here?

If you like the nick say why, that might be conductive, but I can't stop you from twisting my words or changing the subject...

Faktic (The art of publishing H manga and of organizing operations, especially during contact with printers)
Smuggins wrote...
I guess you can try to make my statement into an attack on Brittany if you want, but cheese, talk about warping...

Did Brittany attack me? Did Brittany say she liked the nick? See how there are several missing elements here?

If you like the nick say why, that might be conductive, but I can't stop you from twisting my words or changing the subject...

Not at all. You gave a blanket statement and I gave you a counterexample. In fact, I don't think anyone here is trying to attack you. That's kind of a loaded word. They might disagree with you, they might think that your ideas are dumb. But I don't think it's anything that extreme. I think you're overreacting.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Smuggins wrote...
I knew that the kind of people who think Fakkuza is a good nick, also are the people who would actively attack anyone who would suggest something else. I think this thread validates that (just today I got 5 downvotes). They are also the types to take this topic waaaay too seriously.

I'd like to think I've kept all my replies here pretty civil. And as a rule, I never give -rep.
luinthoron wrote...
I'd like to think I've kept all my replies here pretty civil. And as a rule, I never give -rep.

Same here. I've come to believe rep is pretty meaningless anyway. It turns into an agree/disagree thing but doesn't really add anything to the discussion. But it does look discouraging so I typically try to bump people out of the red if I can. It's not worth getting your jimmies rustled though.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
Smuggins wrote...

Not at all. You gave a blanket statement and I gave you a counterexample. In fact, I don't think anyone here is trying to attack you. That's kind of a loaded word. They might disagree with you, they might think that your ideas are dumb. But I don't think it's anything that extreme. I think you're overreacting.

He's purposefully going against the grain because he can, and baiting people to respond. any of the 'attacks' are ones he prodded into fruition
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
What a weird debate.
Pages Prev123Next