Offered a job - should I?

Hi! Hope you're all doing well ;)

I've been offered a job in a city about 40 miles away from me (All motorway so shouldn't be that bad). I was wondering if any of you commute that kind of distance to work - is it worth it? The pay rise is quite significant (up to £35,000 after tax) but the time I'm away is much higher as I'll be working longer days and commuting. Anyone got advice? Thanks in advance :)
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
I don't travel that much

but you need to think about travel cost.
if you are driving, will it increase your insurance.

will you be taking food or buying food there.

other thing to think about is will you be happy traveling, less time you get for yourself, etc
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
40 mile is like the next town over here. Actually most people drive that for work or more since alot of people move here for the cheap land and commute to like San Fransisco or San Jose. In reality is a 80 mile round trip for a 250,000$ 2000SQFT house on an acre or 2 better then travel by bike or train at 2million for a 800SQFT apt or house which you can spit on your neighbor easily sounds better.
(i live on 25 acres and paid 80 grand plus 30 grand for remodeling and my mortgage is 300$ a month)
Gravity cat the adequately amused
I'd say yes, but also try to find a place nearby so you don't have to travel as much. Don't sacrifice yourself for money.