What is dead may never die

Pages 12Next
Except IB, it's pretty dead.

What are you guys looking forward to in 2019?

I'm excited for a bunch of games, mainly Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Kingdom Hearts III. Currently playing through the rest of the KH series as I've never played it before and oh boy it's a fucking drag. Chain of Memories is one of the worst games I've ever played (playing the 1.5 Remix version, wish I was playing the original.) I hope we get more news about TLoU2, FF7 Remake, Bayonetta 3 and Ghost of Tsushima too.

Also looking forward to the final season of GoT. Sorry for being such a mainstream fag.

Edit: Oh and the Cuphead DLC.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
>what you looking for in 2019
Sweet release of this mortal coil or IT 2
animefreak_usa wrote...
IT 2

Oh shit I forgot about that. Need to read the book before it comes out, I have it sat in my drawer.
yurixhentai wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
IT 2

Oh shit I forgot about that. Need to read the book before it comes out, I have it sat in my drawer.

You might not like the ending part. Too much underage orgy.
animefreak_usa wrote...
yurixhentai wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
IT 2

Heard a lot about that, guess they're not gonna put that in the film in today's political climate.
yurixhentai wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
yurixhentai wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
IT 2

Heard a lot about that, guess they're not gonna put that in the film in today's political climate.

Well they could. It's not like it's gonna show them crushing the fire crotch, but King was high as balls at the time. Even in the book it's tamed. You know they're pulling a 12 yr old train but it has no mention of sex..
In terms of media stuff? Off the top of my head;

Movies; Glass, Hellboy, Avengers 4, Tim Millers Terminator, Pet Sematary, IT2, SW Ep9.

Games; RE2, MK11, Death Stranding, Cyberpunk2077

Comics (muh jam!): Conan, Daredevil, Frontier, Red Sonja, Criminal. More Lazarus, hopefully...
Saito09 wrote...
Death Stranding, Cyberpunk2077

I hope we get some release dates for these next year. What a fucking time to be alive, so many good games.
yurixhentai wrote...
Saito09 wrote...
Death Stranding, Cyberpunk2077

I hope we get some release dates for these next year. What a fucking time to be alive, so many good games.

I just hope i find time to play 'em!
Gravity cat the adequately amused
The one thing I'm looking forward to right now is christmas to be over for the next 8 months before it returns for the next 4.

Ha haaa I need to get out of retail.
623 FAKKU QA
idk I'm still playing Smash Bros. I guess conventions since I'm not really sure what media I really want next year.
Gravity cat wrote...
The one thing I'm looking forward to right now is christmas to be over for the next 8 months before it returns for the next 4.

I know what you mean, I saw shops with Christmas stuff in them in October before Halloween had even arrived. And the fucking Christmas songs. Why do UK shops always play the same shitty songs every year?

623 wrote...
idk I'm still playing Smash Bros. I guess conventions since I'm not really sure what media I really want next year.

I haven't been to a con in ages. Used to go to MCM and Hyper Japan in London every year but I stopped going, not really sure why. Part of stopping MCM was because all the anime merchandise was bootleg stuff, but I think they've banned stalls from doing that now.

Still waiting for Jacob to do a FAKKU panel in the UK.
Been studying japanese the past months and hope I can make further progress on it.

For games and stuff: Excited for the remake of RE2. I hope samsho or the Granblue fighting game doesn't turn out to be shit. I guess the new steins;gate as well.

Shinkai and Yuasa are both releasing a movie next year so I hope those two turn out well. And Zoku Owarimonogatari should be coming to bluray so I can finally see that.

And to see more good stuff for the mangoose for One Piece and Bloom Into You

Forum Image: https://files.catbox.moe/98siyp.png
Ryssen wrote...
Yuasa

Devilman Crybaby was so good. Didn't know he was working on something else so will definitely look out for it.

Ryssen wrote...
japanese

How's that been going?
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
The only thing I'm looking forward to right now is dropping my VG demo by the end of next year. I'll be a happy soldier if we can manage that.
FinalBoss wrote...
The only thing I'm looking forward to right now is dropping my VG demo by the end of next year. I'll be a happy soldier if we can manage that.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
>yuasa
Check out Night is Short, Walk on Girl as well Yuri. Another recent great Yuasa film.

>JP
I finished a book called Basic Kanji Book 1 which contains about 250 kanji. I've started on both Tae Kim's Grammar Guide and a book called Japanese in Mangaland. I've also slowly accumulated cards on Anki and I'm past 1000 mature cards. So things has been going steady. Depending on a few variables, I might take a more formal Japanese class next month but there's some things I need to get done before that.

Speaking of japanese, do you have any media recommendations? I'm looking for something with Japanese subtitles (if possible) that has a casual speaking style. It's so hard to find casual conversational Japanese, everything is either uptight or overly dramatic.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Looking forward to nothing next year.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
Gravity cat wrote...

I remember all that when I worked as a department manager in retail. That shit was awful.

The worse part in my store, is that we would sell patio furniture. And we would put that shit on display. So there was an entire area dedicated to this.

Well, that area would also be used to place additional shelving, product, and displays for christmas.

So there wasn't much room for the patio displays to be stocked. So you either had to sell them (some you weren't allowed to do that for) at a price that was just below the normal price so you could never sell it, cheat and sell it for a lower price and risk getting in trouble, claim it is damaged and get rid of it and risk getting it in trouble or becoming a fucking magician and have storage magic.

And then they start phasing the christmas music in around the end of october. Just one song ever so often, increasing a little bit.

Until fucking black friday.

Then it was full blast christmas music.

On black friday.

Because they hated us.

Oh hey, now I work at a place that I have black friday off for. Yay!
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Takerial wrote...
snip

Sounds about right on the Christmas music. Black Friday seems to be the cue for everyone to go nuts for christmas.

Right now we're doing late christmas trading hours, in fact the longest day is today and I'm closing. Yay. It just doesn't seem worth staying open that long because the center it's at is fucking dead, with the exception of maybe one or two people we serve in those 2-3 additional hours.

On one hand it's nice because it gives us time to tidy the carnage people inflicted on the busy hours during the day because there's no out-of-hours tidying or replenishment, and we can't do it after we close because we get 15 minutes to cash up before we stop getting paid which is why I fucking hate when customers hang about after we're meant to close. But on the flipside it means we notice the christmas music more. 12 days of Christmas seems to be their favourite.

I can't wait for refund season.
Pages 12Next