Downvote/Upvote Manipulation in Threesome with Mika-nee

Pages 12Next
What's going on with the mysterious number of sudden upvotes and downvotes? Some strange is going on...

(Mystery solved. Thought it might have been a new beta problem.)
Drifter995 Neko//Night
What do you mean?
Three mysterious downvotes on an old post of mine for no apparent reason, all at the same time on the same day.

Meanwhile, the topmost post has 19 likes when all the other comments, including mine, say the same thing.

Makes zero sense.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
You're trying to make sense in comments? People like liking or disliking just on context or supposed meaning behind them. Just turn off notification or just stop caring.
animefreak_usa wrote...
You're trying to make sense in comments? People like liking or disliking just on context or supposed meaning behind them. Just turn off notification or just stop caring.

Telling people to not care about the community is not terribly useful. I don't care about votes. I care about the community and people/bots trashing it.

It's not about making sense. It's called "correlation."
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
CaliClimber wrote...
Three mysterious downvotes on an old post of mine for no apparent reason, all at the same time on the same day.

Meanwhile, the topmost post has 19 likes when all the other comments, including mine, say the same thing.

Makes zero sense.

Eh, top comments tend to attract more upvotes just by being the top comments. I wouldn't be surprised if it got the same downvotes as you this time, but simply had a better starting point already. Still, three downvotes in quick succession does always seem a bit suspicious, but I've learned to live with the occasional weirdness - and it may also simply indicate one user repeatedly clicking the arrow and adding/removing the downvote multiple times.
luinthoron wrote...
...it may also simply indicate one user repeatedly clicking the arrow and adding/removing the downvote multiple times.

Ah ha, that very likely might be the case. Thanks for the heads up!
MK13 Netorare Hunter
It happened to me before back when I used this account to troll people back in the day. Apparently I pissed off "The boreds".... I mean "The boards" or whatever they called. And they punished me by giving 3 downvotes everyday. Pretty funny and mature punishment on the immature me back then *rolls eyes*. But anyway, you must have pissed someone with great importance, or atleast that's what he/she believes.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
CaliClimber wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

Telling people to not care about the community is not terribly useful. I don't care about votes. I care about the community and people/bots trashing it.

It's not about making sense. It's called "correlation."

The comment section isn't really the community, and the reputation system/ voting system has never really meant anything, or been anything to care about.
Historically, the only people who cared about votes or rep, were the ones who got the most negative rep.
Either by actually wanting downvotes, or by complaining about downvotes, and thus getting a lot of downvotes. The community is spiteful like that. Or was.

Rip shinji
MK13 wrote...
It happened to me before back when I used this account to troll people back in the day. Apparently I pissed off "The boreds".... I mean "The boards" or whatever they called. And they punished me by giving 3 downvotes everyday. Pretty funny and mature punishment on the immature me back then *rolls eyes*. But anyway, you must have pissed someone with great importance, or atleast that's what he/she believes.

You must be one of our French members! Hey, nice to have you here at Fakku!
Drifter995 wrote...

Historically, the only people who cared about votes or rep, were the ones who got the most negative rep.
Either by actually wanting downvotes, or by complaining about downvotes, and thus getting a lot of downvotes. The community is spiteful like that. Or was.

Yeah, I'm seeing that. It's like, 'Hey, something weird's going on. Just wanted to point it out in case there's a bug or people screwing with the site.' Then a bunch of kids roll in, cry about someone posting a thread trying to help out, and then take the time to post their tears about having been forced to read a thread at gunpoint, assuming that's the case.

With the new beta release there's been bugs. I've just never gotten the whole idea of kids getting bent about threads when they don't have to read them. I'm flattered they take the time to respond and get upset about it though.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
CaliClimber wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...

Yeah, I'm seeing that. It's like, 'Hey, something weird's going on. Just wanted to point it out in case there's a bug or people screwing with the site.' Then a bunch of kids roll in, cry about someone posting a thread trying to help out, and then take the time to post their tears about having been forced to read a thread at gunpoint, assuming that's the case.

With the new beta release there's been bugs. I've just never gotten the whole idea of kids getting bent about threads when they don't have to read them. I'm flattered they take the time to respond and get upset about it though.

Where are you getting this whole 'kids crying about somebody posting a thread' idea from?
Drifter995 wrote...
Where are you getting this whole 'kids crying about somebody posting a thread' idea from?

Earlier threads I've seen, even some regarding ideas people post. Probably just normal internet/anonymity/trolling crap. I've just seen the community around here be friendlier than normal for a while, so the few people going out of their way to complain stand out in contrast.
MK13 Netorare Hunter
CaliClimber wrote...
MK13 wrote...

Well I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about or is that suppose to be a joke but hey, glad to have you here should be my line since you've only been here last year
MK13 wrote...
CaliClimber wrote...

Well I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about or is that suppose to be a joke but hey, glad to have you here should be my line since you've only been here last year

Man, you French members. So sensitive.
MK13 Netorare Hunter
CaliClimber wrote...
MK13 wrote...
CaliClimber wrote...

Man, you French members. So sensitive.

-Calls someone sensitive
-gets triggered on minus rep
-downvoted all my posts

Yep, I'm the sensitive one lol
Drifter995 Neko//Night
I think we solved his question; He's getting downvoted, because he's a prat
No. I posted what I thought was a bug or botting for the mods and got childish responses and downvotes in return, so I'm just returning the favor since, apparently, votes don't matter, right? Clearly, some people managed to respond in a useful way that addressed my question. I didn't start the smartmouthing/downvoting thing, but I'm more than happy to engage in it if that's the limit of someone's communication skills.
MK13 Netorare Hunter
CaliClimber wrote...
No. I posted what I thought was a bug or botting for the mods and got childish responses and downvotes in return, so I'm just returning the favor since, apparently, votes don't matter, right? Clearly, some people managed to respond in a useful way that addressed my question. I didn't start the smartmouthing/downvoting thing, but I'm more than happy to engage in it if that's the limit of someone's communication skills.

I simply don't know what kind of childish response I gave you that made you response:

CaliClimber wrote...

I simply shared to you my experience in the past that I dealt with and want to advice to you to stop posting things about upvotes and downvotes since first of all, if you complain about it, the more will the so called "boards" will punish you for it. Second of all, it's just an imaginary numbers that only people that is so absorbed in the internet cared about. I suggest to you to just stop and let things cool down. Seeing your total rep now, I think you probably got punished by now and will continue to do so if you don't stop this nonsense.

FYI if you misunderstood my response to you as a troll/childish response then you're probably the non english speaking person here. And also you've been here since 2017 but I've been here since 2012. Hey, nice to have you here at FAKKU!
Drifter995 Neko//Night
CaliClimber wrote...

I mean, you literally got responses on how it worked, and then got really childish and upset, and started calling people children when you were acting like a child.
If you act like this in the comments section, that's literally your answer.
It's pretty clear cut to be honest

Also for reference; I don't get notifications from reputation, so I hadn't even noticed you'd been neg repping me, kinda defeating the point of you doing it
Pages 12Next