can I install saya no uta from a flash drive?(disc drive ded

finally got song of saya, and to my disappointment, I cant. not sure if its cause I havent used the drive on my laptop in a while, but it just wont read. can I get a friend to copy the disc to a flash drive and install it, or will I just end up having to buy and external dvd drive?
ditama Jack-off Warrior
Kind of depends on what you mean by copying the disk to a flash drive. If you're just directly copying the files, probably not although it could be possible.

Most likely, you'll want to make an optical disk image or .iso file (google "how to make an .iso file" if you don't know how to) then you'll want to copy the .iso file to the flash drive. From there you'll need to mount the image on your pc (google "how to mount an .iso file" if you need to). If I remember correctly, Windows 8 and above can mount .iso files natively, but otherwise you'll probably need some other software to do it.
cool. thanks for the advice. saved me from the expense of and external drive. (granted I will probably end up breaking down and getting one anyway to play my general vintage pc games. I.E. before steam watermarked games)