Design Tweaks Feedback

Pages 12Next
Leave feedback here for the design tweaks we've made across the service today.

You can also report any bugs or funky issues you run into as well.

Thanks.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Signature area looks a bit weird as it is now, and would probably be better either white as it used to be, or with an additional small white segment following it similarly to its sides.

Could have also used this chance to fix the problem with post links leading to the bottom of the post instead of actually showing it as they should, which I only just pointed out again last month and has been a problem since the last redesign.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Ye, sig the same colour as the outside block feels a little weird. Slightly darker, or inbetween the white and the grey would be good
That and the logo being bright white, whilst everything else being red feels a bit odd to me.

Also, dark theme pls
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
when in post reply the button on the top for bold, italic, underline etc need to be a nit smaller, they look a bit to big, ok for touch screen but to big for keyboard and mouse
Gravity cat the adequately amused
There's white vertical lines either end of each post, which is mainly noticeable around the Signature blocks. It's a minor thing but it bugs the crap out of me.

When previewing posts they're not there.
The colors in the Download links (after buying a book) are messed up:
- size is white on light grey
- checksum is white on white
  • An option to switch the whole site to dark theme

• Switch the term "qoute" when answering someone else to "reply"

• The replies on the forums need to change from white on white

• There is now no option to mulit search or multi exclude tags...

• Comics makes no sense since books is still used in the forums,
    also comics sounds bad books works as is

• Browse option needs to be reworked, can't quite read the black
    bold text options that are there

• An option to switch between grid and list modes

• Still no option to from store back to the main site
This was here before but if you try to make a thread, dont meet the minimum requirements, go back one page, you're unable to press create thread. Seems to be Firefox problem from what I've experienced.

Also I'd like more contrasts for the posts. Light shade of gray would work, just anything other than all white.
Only thing I'm not a fan of (that I can see) is that the new chapters aren't centered on the homepage. Preferred the old layout for that, book ads to the side with the actual chapters centered.
Papa Nito Enemy Stand
Bit of an OCD thing, but I really miss having the page number/total pages displayed on the upper reader bar. Having to constantly click browse just to check my page number is irritating. I also prefer the browse pages in the old style instead of having the pages laid out horizontally, having to scroll to see most of the pages. Browse also is kinda busted with books, with almost all pages displaying blanks.
If I'm not mistaken, weren't page numbers for works listed on the front page/listed view of works? Think the search bar was on the left too (idk about this one), but it feels that way from muscle memory and it's kinda annoying when aspects/functions on sites change locations. Recommended/popular tags are missing from the right side too, was fairly convenient if you wanted to search the newest releases of only one tag without having to type.

Suggestions (small wall of text):

- Show the number of pages a work has without being on its page.

- Show the release/upload date of a work on Fakku on its page AND without being on its page.

- Advanced search REALLY needs to have a tab at the top or some easier access form than having to type out the URL. It'd also be nice if advanced search results were displayed in terms of their release date on Fakku instead of what seems to be completely random. Makes finding things based off a small timeframe (a few weeks/months old) an absolute nightmare if the works themselves don't fall under too specific of a combination of tags.

- Something like a user settings option to blacklist certain tags to blur out the thumbnails of works that contain tags you don't care for.

- User added tags for works to help individualize works from each other to make them easier to find, would be especially nice on advanced search multi-tag combinations. These could be voted on by clicking on and choosing to thumbs up/down that tag, and shown along with the normal tags but with a different color/look, such as red for low amount of votes and green for high amount, or like a dotted border/transparent look. Could also have a setting on advanced search to include/exclude works with low voted tags. Highly voted/green user tags would show up with the same influence in search results as the officially set tags do.

Example:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/T8R6nye.png

I know it's a bit to ask but I feel like these would be some amazing "quality of life" changes that the site has needed even before the sub service.
All great suggestions, I'm taking this all seriously and a lot of what is being posted in this thread will be implemented.
the new reader isn't nearly as good as the old one, can't hide the mouse pointer off screen without either the scroll bar or display just permanently showing also doesn't display the name of the manga or the artist at the top anymore
It would be great if we could see page # and total pages on the actual viewer. There used to be a "Page 8/20" on the viewer screen which was nice in terms of...timing.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
A little bit frustrated by the new reader on Books. Books have multiple chapters and I tend to want to skip to a specific one, now I have to hit 'Browse' and scroll all the way. I don't really want to be exiting the reader, going to the Chapters tab and selecting it there.
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
Please return the Book name, Author name, and page #/# to the reader. Really stupid to take it out. It was fine as it was. Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
when posting a reply can we get the "post reply" and "preview" swapped around
ditama Jack-off Warrior
Would it be possible to tweak the reader controls so that the left and right arrow keys can change pages (or "a" and "d" if using wasd)? From what I remember, the old reader had it so that when the left or right edge of the page was hit and a further key was pressed, the page would change.

Just wondering since my right hand is usually kind of busy when using the reader and using space to go forward and backspace to go back is a little cumbersome.
ditama wrote...
Would it be possible to tweak the reader controls so that the left and right arrow keys can change pages (or "a" and "d" if using wasd)? From what I remember, the old reader had it so that when the left or right edge of the page was hit and a further key was pressed, the page would change.

That's exactly how it works now, actually.
Papa Nito wrote...
Bit of an OCD thing, but I really miss having the page number/total pages displayed on the upper reader bar. Having to constantly click browse just to check my page number is irritating. I also prefer the browse pages in the old style instead of having the pages laid out horizontally, having to scroll to see most of the pages. Browse also is kinda busted with books, with almost all pages displaying blanks.

I second this. I came to the forum to post this exact thing. It's super annoying to have to click browse to see page numbers and the author. Please add those back to the top bar of the reader.
Pages 12Next