New Tags

Papa Nito Enemy Stand
I'd like to suggest some new tags. Since we have a twintail tag, and I see an abundance of chapters with women who have ponytails, I recommend a ponytail tag. Also, I think we need a beach, and pool tag. Swimsuit doesn't always guarantee they'll be at a beach, or a pool, so it can make for better sorting.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
I think we're at the point now where they're at the upper side of the amount they want. Any more would need to be really convincing as to why they needed to be a tag, and also have a solid list of example manga, with at least a few pages (and not single page/ panel uses)
Papa Nito Enemy Stand
Considering they added a feature that lets users suggest tags, I feel like adding more tags should be necessary. I've already had many instances where it took me forever to find a chapter I had previously read, forgot to "favorite" it, and lost track of it due to a lack of tags. As for a list, I can just go to the front page and see a handful of chapters that could use a "ponytail" tag I suggested. I'm pretty certain people have made collections for particular tags due to the site lacking them.
YQII FAKKU Translator
The current tag system is rather restricted and not very scalable. This is partly by design, but I agree there is room for improvements.

An idea I've been playing around with is to split the current tags into two separate groups. Just to distinguish them from what we have now, let's call them Categories and Traits. Categories would be broader themes (vanilla, monster girl, hentai, color) and be more restrictive (managed by staff, limited amount). Traits on the other hand can be more specific (blonde, glasses, blowjob, pool) and less restricted (user tagging, large amount). The idea is to make a large number of traits available, while also keeping it manageable by crowdsourcing the tagging process.

Please note that this is purely a concept at this point, and it might never come to fruition. It would require a complete overhaul of the current system, and likely would take a long time to implement. That said, we just added a new feature that allows users to vote on tags, which could eventually lead to something like this. I should also clarify that this new feature is for adding existing tags to a piece of content, and not for recommending brand new tags to be added.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
YQII wrote...
The current tag system is rather restricted and not very scalable. This is partly by design, but I agree there is room for improvements.

An idea I've been playing around with is to split the current tags into two separate groups. Just to distinguish them from what we have now, let's call them Categories and Traits. Categories would be broader themes (vanilla, monster girl, hentai, color) and be more restrictive (managed by staff, limited amount). Traits on the other hand can be more specific (blonde, glasses, blowjob, pool) and less restricted (user tagging, large amount). The idea is to make a large number of traits available, while also keeping it manageable by crowdsourcing the tagging process.

Please note that this is purely a concept at this point, and it might never come to fruition. It would require a complete overhaul of the current system, and likely would take a long time to implement. That said, we just added a new feature that allows users to vote on tags, which could eventually lead to something like this. I should also clarify that this new feature is for adding existing tags to a piece of content, and not for recommending brand new tags to be added.

This would actually be a good idea. Kemonomimi was moved into monster girls, but we still have catgirls tag which are actually primarily normal humans wearing cosplay ears, so it normally gets accompanied with the cosplay tag. Hell even the thumbnail of the tag is a cosplay and this saddens me.

I'd like to see the Monster Girl tag be the trait, with multiple categories. Including Catgirl, Foxgirl, Succubus, Vampire etc.
I'd also like a distinguishing tag to differentiate between animalgirls and humans dressing up as an animalgirl for a fetish. We have the cosplay tag but I don't feel it's clear enough.