Hard to notice/see Favorited tags

As the title suggests after the new update "tags" that you follow on the home page now have a small heart that is very unnoticeable compared to having the tag box be highlighted. I think the heart is cute so you don't need to remove it but having the entire tag box be highlighted is a lot easier, especially when skimming through the pages looking for new updates to tags I enjoy reading. On each individual doujin page the favorite tags still have the box highlighted so it shouldnt be too much of an issue
True, it is much less noticeable.
JAMAL Mercy main
You can return to normal by canceling beta from here

https://www.fakku.net/account/beta
JAMAL wrote...

I know I can avoid it, but it's better to explain the problem. That's what we are using beta for, right?
fallenwing13 wrote...
JAMAL wrote...

I know I can avoid it, but it's better to explain the problem. That's what we are using beta for, right?

Exactly! I was trying to just give some feedback on ways to help improve the new look.

Another suggestion since it only shows 4 tags until you actually click on the doujin, maybe add a "See more tags" button that way you can keep it sleek like how it is in the beta, but be able to see if there was more tags you like/dislike before clicking on the doujin itself
Eversio wrote...
fallenwing13 wrote...
JAMAL wrote...

Exactly! I was trying to just give some feedback on ways to help improve the new look.

Another suggestion since it only shows 4 tags until you actually click on the doujin, maybe add a "See more tags" button that way you can keep it sleek like how it is in the beta, but be able to see if there was more tags you like/dislike before clicking on the doujin itself

Hovering over the title could be an option too, instead of a button.
I agree. Not being able to see all tags is a big negative.
Thanks for the beta hint, forgot about that.

Ya after using the new front page not a fan currently. Using mobile version.

Could use an option to see all or more tags, while favorite tags are useful my interest in other tags varies on day.

Big negative I didn't see any way to tell what kind of content it was unlimited / paid etc.

Possibly just an early bug title didn't change color when page opened. That feature has been really useful in finding where in the list of new releases I last read from.

The summary not a bad idea but can't see much of it on mobile.
I don't mind the new layout of the home page, but I would prefer an option to change the display layout between the old view with all the tags shown and a more condensed view like the new one. The new more condensed view could also have an option to show more (or all) tags with a smaller font and/or by using more vertical space.

I also think it's easier to see your favorite tags when they are highlighted instead of only using a small heart to differentiate them.

Also about the tags list, I like to see all of them since there's some tags I avoid and it's easier to sort at a glance with the complete tag list with favorites highlighted (since we cannot filter them).
Having beta turned on means you'll be seeing some radical changes to the FAKKU design over the coming months.

I'd love to hear everyones feedback as changes slowly roll out (the first was the search auto suggest at the top of the page).

We plan to add a lot more tags in the future, so showing all of the tags on a piece of content on the index/content list pages isn't going to be realistic. Instead, we'll show the most important tags, ones you follow and ones you might want to avoid.
The auto-suggest in the search is a nice addition!

But sometimes it doesn't work. For exemple, if I search for "girl", "girl's" or "girl's shock" none of these searches returns me results about the new INU book. Sometimes I need to search fewer words of a title because it doesn't find anything if I copy/paste a whole title.

Also, if I search "INU" in the search bar I receive no search results for INU the artist or it's related work and the first search result is "Linux / Platform".
If there is going to be less room for quick tag viewing, do we really need "uncensored" to be one of them? I think it's a given, that most content here IS uncensored. A tag for "censored" would be more useful, but I believe almost everyone assumes FAKKU has the most uncensored material anywhere.
Apparently I have been opted in to beta without knowing when or why, and if not for someone posting the direct URL here, I would probably not even have found the setting.

That aside, I agree with the feedback provided by others: I much prefer to browse an overview where all tags for each book are visible, and favorite tags highlighted. I will make the sacrifice of having less books per page to always see tags, front page and sample page any day of the week.

So please, provide at least an option to do this before taking it out of beta.

In the meantime, I'll be switching off beta so I don't have to click every. single. book. to see if it might have content of interest to me.
Jacob wrote...
Having beta turned on means you'll be seeing some radical changes to the FAKKU design over the coming months.

I'd love to hear everyones feedback as changes slowly roll out (the first was the search auto suggest at the top of the page).

We plan to add a lot more tags in the future, so showing all of the tags on a piece of content on the index/content list pages isn't going to be realistic. Instead, we'll show the most important tags, ones you follow and ones you might want to avoid.

I agree it's unrealistic to have them all show on the main page with the new changes, which make navigation a lot easier and honestly quite nice to the view. But not having all tags show up unless you open a chapter is a step back. I think my previous suggestion of showing a complete list of tags when hovering over the title would be quite the optimal compromise between the two options.

I'd also like to repeat my other suggestion of highlighting non-desired tags in red, so that we may decide whether to read the chapter despite the presence of said tag, similar to how favorite tags work now.
JAMAL Mercy main
Jacob wrote...

But seeing uncensored as important tag here is very pointless...

And the mobile version still not good...one last this

https://www.wani.com/adult/calendar/

In your 4chan Q&A you talk about calendar, but why make it very complex? Something similar to wani is better and don't take time to make it, thank you for your hard work!
shopvacboy wrote...
If there is going to be less room for quick tag viewing, do we really need "uncensored" to be one of them? I think it's a given, that most content here IS uncensored. A tag for "censored" would be more useful, but I believe almost everyone assumes FAKKU has the most uncensored material anywhere.

This is great feedback! We'll do this, so it won't show obvious tags like "uncensored" or "hentai".
For me, tags are a very important part of picking what to read and what to pass on. But if it really is infeasible to display all of the tags in list views, I can also compromise and admit that not every tag matters to me. In general, tags fall into 4 categories for me:
  • Favorite tags (I appreciate notification on these and desire to see them highlighted in list views)

• Important tags (These are neither favorites or disliked, but their presence can sway my opinion on works without favorite tags)

• Indifferent tags (They are informative, but unlikely to sway my opinion on whether to read a book)

• Disliked tags (Very short list of tags that I want to avoid)

Assuming I get to pick which tags are important like I do favorites and disliked, my ideal list/search views would then contain: Front page, Sample page, Favorite tags (highlighted) and Important tags. Works with disliked tags can be filtered out from display entirely, but I'm also fine with them showing up if the disliked tag is highlighted (and preferably the front/sample pages blurred).

I don't know if a system like that is feasible. But at least I sincerely wish we can find a format where I don't have to go to the dedicated page of every book in the list (that doesn't have a favorite tag) to find out if it is relevant for me.
JAMAL wrote...

Thanks for this. I couldn't switch back fast enough.
For an ipad user with limited screen estate, the new format is not optimal. Most tags are invisible, the front page seems to pick random old titles to display and the grid thumbnails are small and hard to see without zooming. I sidestepped the issue by tag catogories, but now they too seem to be using the grid. I’m not a fan of this new view and it has made mu reading experience more complicated. I also miss the highlighted tags and would appreciate a way to dislike some tags.

A choice between the grid and a list view would be more practical for me. I don’t need a flood of titles on the front page, a list with more details and tags is more useful for me.
I agree with the previous posts. I want to see all the tags associated to a title.