Insane shipping

So finally decided to get some physical merch and that interest died pretty fast.
How on earth can you assume people will way 114 usd for sending two books and a t-shirt. What gives?
That sounds like a lot, I'm guessing it's to international.

From my understanding it's to discourage international buyers.

Though if i'm wrong which I don't think I am, someone is welcome to correct me on that.
Magibit wrote...
That sounds like a lot, I'm guessing it's to international.

From my understanding it's to discourage international buyers.

Though if i'm wrong which I don't think I am, someone is welcome to correct me on that.

Of course it's not to discourage international buyers. Why would we want less sales? It's because it's farther away and the costs to get it to the customer are higher.
Well you have a pretty terrible deal with your shipping company then. I'd look into it. It should not cost that much regardless. I usually see rates in the 30 to 40 usd range.
Thoima wrote...
Well you have a pretty terrible deal with your shipping company then. I'd look into it. It should not cost that much regardless. I usually see rates in the 30 to 40 usd range.

I don't disagree lol idk if you live in Europe or Australia or elsewhere, but I believe you can find some of our books at United Publications which is located out of the UK, which could lower shipping. United Publications
I get my books from United Publications too, and they're amazingly good and I have friends from other international places who order Fakku books through UP1 as the shipping is a lot cheaper.

archonia is another store that stocks Fakku books in the EU, they're also a lot cheaper and as good as UP1.

Would love if Fakku branched out to other stores like Bookdepository. I feel like BD would be great because they have very good delivery prices to worldwide.
Atmaniac There is no too big
Thoima wrote...
How on earth can you assume people will way 114 usd for sending two books and a t-shirt. What gives?

114 USD for two books and a t-shirt? What the hell? That sounds like you choose the expensive express shipping. I'm from Germany and bought many books and art books from fakku. I never paid that much for shipping, not even close.
Thoima wrote...
So finally decided to get some physical merch and that interest died pretty fast.

Can you let me know what physical merch you were trying to purchase? Just so I can ensure their weights aren't somehow messed up.

I checked the shipping costs for 2 books and a shirt against your account and it seems the cheapest option is $49.54 through USPS and the most expensive is $112 through UPS.
Shipping does seem odd for me as a Canadian.

Cheapest is $28.30 for UPS Standard.

Alternatively, I can ship it to New York with USPS Media Mail at $5.39 then pay a cross border pick up company $7.50.
Don't order from the International Space Station anymore! That's why it costs so much! Crazy astronaut can't wait for his merch and t-shirt until he lands..
The shipping cost for 2 books went up bigly through USPS to Canada. I used to wait until there were 2 books being released the same month that I wanted to order, but now it's only cheaper with UPS, and UPS is utter trash in Canada. Now it's better for me to just order a single book when I want it. Still international shipping sucks, but nothing anyone can do about it unfortunately. :(
I find the shipping is one thing, but my last couple orders (I’m in Canada) were hit by import fees and tariffs for like 20-25% going through UPS =/ I have been buying my books in bulk (around 7 or 8 at a time) and paying an extra 60$ on top of shipping...