Browsing new realeases got worse recently?

As a long time subscriber, my most frequent use of the site is to check what new releases have been added since last time that might interest me (mostly but not exclusively Unlimited).

I achieved this through a combination of the URLs:

For both, I opted out of the beta, since it (still) doesn't show tags or previews on the overview page, but forces me to click every. single. book. to find out if it might be to my taste.

The first link long since got removed from the homepage (even if it still works, kinda), and now, the second link has also been demoted to only exist in my bookmarks? At least, until less than a week ago, new unlimited releases had a section on the homepage that promoted it and allowed easy access to it. This no longer appears to be the case.

Instead, clicking "New Releases" in the top navigation bar takes you straight to the exact same place clicking "Fakku!" does; a landing page that dilutes the list of new releases with popular releases, banner promotions of other materials, and has much smaller previews.

I suppose my bookmarks still work, but I kinda wonder if they will keep working or I should expect the browsing experience to downgrade at some point in the future.

Anyways, if you want to know what would make for a perfect browsing experience in my use case (finding out what's new in the day/week since my last visit and if I should read it), please consider the following in order of importance:
  • Big images (beta front page is passable size, non-beta front page is too small)

• Tags* (not shown in beta list of releases)

• Preview image (beta shows only front page)

• Title, author, short summary (beta missing the short summary, but I can live without it)

Note about tags: tags are the single biggest indicator of whether the content will interest me, and often their combination itself paints a better picture than even the preview image. Highlighting my favorite tags is nice. Eventually getting to have a list of disinterested/blacklisted tags will be very helpful too. But if the volume of tags on a work starts to exceed what can be shown (or I can make sense of at a glance), I think what would help me the most is if I could have a list of tags that would always be shown, without having to list them as favorites (which they are not, they are just tags that positively or negatively affect the odds of me looking taking the time to read a book, depending on the context of the other tags)
I was about to post about the exact thing. I didn't have them saved as bookmarks though so thanks for the links. What this guy said 100% though
This is good feedback, and I'll get some tweaks implemented that should resolve some of your issues. Definitely at least fixing the /newest page, we weren't aware it wasn't updating properly.

What are your thoughts on this page?
https://www.fakku.net/comics
Jacob wrote...
This is good feedback, and I'll get some tweaks implemented that should resolve some of your issues. Definitely at least fixing the /newest page, we weren't aware it wasn't updating properly.

Thanks for the answer, I'm looking forward to see how you will improve the experience. :)
Jacob wrote...

Ah, there's the missing page, I wondered where it went. This used to pop up when I click "New Releases", but doesn't anymore, and I'm not sure if there's any legit links to it left on the homepage?

As for the content of the page, I must admit I used it mostly as a convenient shortcut to get to https://www.fakku.net/tags/unlimited, which is where clicking the first "View More" takes you. I do this since just having the covers of the latest releases listed isn't useful for finding out which interest me compared to the info shown on " Browse/Tags/Unlimited", which has content preview image and tags.

The remaining content on "/comics" hasn't been very useful to me.
  • Your Favorites is occasionally a nice reminder of something good I read. When visiting to read a favorite I usually access it from "My Account -> Favorites" though.

• Latest Magazine Releases is mostly confusing, since I consume the stories from the "Latest Unlimited Chapters" stream, so it never has anything new? In fact, I'm barely aware of what magazines you feature or the stories I like come from, since I don't interact with the stories in the context of a magazine.

• Popular Hentai Chapters isn't much use to me since I already came across them when browsing Latest FAKKU Unlimited Chapters. I also seem to have different tastes than what's popular =P

• Vanilla Chapters with a Dominant Female I never understood why this was here. That tag is not one of my follows, and I don't think I ever expressed interest in it? Looking closer I can see it actually demonstrates how you can do multi-tag searches. I might have noticed sooner if it was a multi-tag search of some of my followed tags.

• ... etc... the most of the rest listed just aren't entries I use to browse for books. If I'm not looking for new content or revisiting a favorite, by far the easiest way to find stuff of interest is going to the tag list.

Overall I still prefer the listings on https://www.fakku.net/comics to the front page (and current "New Releases") at https://www.fakku.net. But it'd be more useful to me if it had new Anime, Doujin, Games and Manga listed the same way it currently lists new Unlimited releases; a stream of cover art to catch my eye and an easy link to a listing that shows me everything I need to sort the new releases of that type in "interested" and "not interested" without visiting the page of every single new anime, game, doujin, manga or unlimited chapter (or having to judge them only by their cover).
thank you for the link to the comics section. I always relied on the navigation link to get to this to easily get to the newer releases. Without it navigating the more recent releases becomes incredibly difficult.
Jacob wrote...

I've reported it before, but I guess that it got lost in the shuffle, or you guys thought that it was fixed. However, every time it starts working again, it works for a while, and then it stops working again. Sometimes, it won't update for a few hours, and sometimes it can go over a week without working. It's like it gets blocked on something and stops updating until it gets unblocked.

Jacob wrote...

Personally, I ignore it, because I don't usually care that much about which magazine a chapter comes from. I'm usually either looking to get a list of all of the releases in reverse chronological order so that I can easily see which ones are new for me, or I'm looking to search for a specific artist or chapter. I'll sometimes look at which magazine a chapter comes from, but I definitely don't have a reason to go looking for the chapters from a specific magazine under normal circumstances. If I really care about which magazine a chapter comes from, it's much more likely that it's because I'm looking to avoid it (e.g. Girl forM). There may be magazines that I wish that FAKKU translated (or am glad that FAKKU already translates), so I do care about magazines in that sense, but once the content is on the site, where it comes from originally is mostly irrelevant to me. It's just that having more good magazines means more good content, not that I'm trying to find content that comes from a specific magazine.