Thoughts on anime fighters?

Well more like fighting games with an anime style, but what do you all think and which ones are your favourites? i personally really like skullgirls
I don’t have the most experience with anime fighters but I will say the ones I have played I really do like their mobility options. I know people find the pacing of dash and air-dash based combat to be a little hectic, but there’s just something about that momentum that I really like. The last anime fighter I got into was DBZ FighterZ. I just downloaded that new power rangers fighting game the other day. Haven’t put in much time into it but I’ve heard good things about it.
been playing fighterZ on and off. it's a good game for anyone trying to get into fighting games.
on the side though I've been playing arcana heart and that is so much more unforgiving because it's an older title.
Overall I think anime fighters are great, they offer a good variety of content and skill level to execution ratios. The Under-Night games are popular and have a pretty solidly growing community since UN[CLR] just released in America. I'm not sure if this strictly counts as an anime fighting game per se, but the fighter I'd most recommend for casual play is Ultra Fight Da Kyanta 2. It's free on steam, just don't let visual/audio quality turn you off, they add to the charm.
Not really into fighting games. The last real one I played was tekken 7 but I ended up not feeling like taking the time to actually get deep with the mechanics and stopped finding fun with it.
For anime ones, the last one I played was the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series but I guess that's not a 'real' fighting game.
Skullgirls is incredible, and I feel like I generally enjoy the more anime style fighters a lot more than other fighting games?
A lot of the anime fighters look similar is terms of artstyle (UNIST and BLAZBLUE), but I feel like what sets them apart is (of course) functions and characters
I like BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and Under Night in Birth a lot. There are a lot of good ones but if you get too niche there aren't a lot of people playing them so I tend to stick to those.
I haven't played to that many anime fighters tbf, I think I only played to one on dreamcast that was a jojo bizarre adventure fighting game
I haven't really played any but super looking forward to the new guilty gear. Just hoping the netcode is great and hopefully crossplay too so the community will be able to grow.
I love FighterZ. I've always admired BlazBlue and GG, but never gave them my time.
I got Guilty Gear Xrd recently, and its a really good anime fighter imo. especially with Jack-o having a really fat ass
Chibgy wrote...
I got Guilty Gear Xrd recently, and its a really good anime fighter imo. especially with Jack-o having a really fat ass

true
Surprisingly I have enjoyed most all of the Dragon Ball fighting games. Though there end up being so many its not worth buying every one that comes out.
Guilty Gear is my go-to. Though Melty Blood was also really fun.
I always enjoyed the Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi games. I played the Super 22 game for ps1 a lot as a kid. Going back, I can see that one's not near as good as my memory tells me
Gravity cat the adequately amused
clubseventeen69 wrote...
I always enjoyed the Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi games. I played the Super 22 game for ps1 a lot as a kid. Going back, I can see that one's not near as good as my memory tells me

A lot of media you enjoy as a kid tend to be pretty bad to an adult you. The nostalgia in a lot of cases is from how much enjoyment you got out of it despite its flaws, perhaps due to the lack of having other alternatives or just being into its style at the time. That being said this is not always the case, you may even find more enjoyment out of it as an adult due to getting the humour that flew by you when you were younger.

For the sake of keeping on topic, I'm not really big into fighting games as such, I find them repetitive and fairly boring. I'm more into RPGs with a good combat system, because I like me a good story to go with my fisticuffs. To name a few examples: Tales of Berseria, Xenoblade 2, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (at least until it devolves into Ult-spamming in the later portions of the game), and more recently Genshin Impact, even despite getting characters and good gear boils down to RNG while gated behind a stamina system. I just wish they didn't love their time trials, though. I hate time trials.
Persona 4 Arena was my go to when I played fighters
visuals are Waaaayyy more appealing than the weird potato lookin "realistic" shiz we get made here. stylized is always better for me.