Shop complications

It's obvious that the Fakku site consists of two parts, www.fakku.net (website) and store.fakku.net (store), that are tied together in some ways. Both have their own independent shopping cart, and this causes a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I'll try to explain.

There appear to be 3 ways to order books:
1. Prepare the full order in the website cart, then hit checkout. This sends you to the store for finalizing the order (shipping+payment), but doesn't actualy add the items to the regular store cart.
2. Use the Buy now option on a particular book, which immediately adds it to the regular store cart, but removes all other items in there.
3. Go to the book's presentation page by clicking the cover image, and click Buy Book there. This adds it to the regular store cart without removing other items. But it's not always available since some books don't have a presentation page, and also b/c you can't click through to it if you already have access to the digital version of the book: clicking the title image takes you to the reader instead.

The thing that has me stumped is: How do I combine ordering merchandise (figures etc.) from the store as well as two or more books for which I can't access the presentation page?

Option 1 won't work, b/c if I do a checkout directly from the website, the store's cart contents are ignored, so I can't add merchandise. Option 2 won't work because every "Buy now" action replaces the previous cart contents, so I can only order 1 book this way. And option 3, as I said, isn't always available.

Is there a solution to this? I realize I can just place two separate orders, but when shipping internationally this is considerably more expensive. And I don't want to bother staff unnecessarily to combine them and refund the difference. For now this is just a theoretical scenario, but it'd be nice to know how this works before I need it (also I'm just curious).
I was asking myself the same question, already tought about ordering a shirt but i will only do this combined with books :o
UPDATE: Issue may be fixed now?

Just dropping in to say that we are aware of this issue, and will work to fix it the best we can.

There will always be a distinct separation between the FAKKU Store (store.fakku.net) and the main site (www.fakku.net)

But the shopping carts between the two could (if we are able to) combine if you have items in your cart from either site.
im still having issues...

what happened to being able to order manga through the fakku store? that would solve all my issues right now
Jacob wrote...
UPDATE: Issue may be fixed now?

Just dropping in to say that we are aware of this issue, and will work to fix it the best we can.

There will always be a distinct separation between the FAKKU Store (store.fakku.net) and the main site (www.fakku.net)

But the shopping carts between the two could (if we are able to) combine if you have items in your cart from either site.

Oops, I initially missed this reply somehow.

I just tried, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to work for me as of yet. I tried three scenarios:

1. Start with two books in the www.fakku.net cart, then hit Checkout to take it to store.fakku.net, and add a store item there: Not possible. The checkout page for the two books still seems to be disconnected from the regular store.fakku.net cart, which remains empty. Which also means I can't add store items to the existing checkout.

2. Start with a store item in the store.fakku.net cart, then add two books to the cart on www.fakku.net, then hit checkout from there: No luck, I just end up with a checkout page containing the two books, but not the store item.

3. Start with a store item in the store.fakku.net cart, then try to add a single book through the "Buy now" choice from www.fakku.net. Again no luck, the existing contents of the store cart are purged.

If there's an approach I'm missing, please enlighten me; but right now I'm not seing any change to the previous behaviour.

I'd be happy to try and help debug this on a technical level if that might help, as I have a bit of web dev experience and I think I have a basic understanding of how the integration between the two applications currently works.