echoeagle3 Oppai Overlord
I don't think I have dropped any series as fast as I have dungeon master. Right at the start of the book there is a picture of a half naked loli. Then I almost immediately didn't like the protag, and finally the dungeon core was described as looking like she was in middle school. So yeah, instant drop

Goddess's heroes felt... immature. Like, you are trying to get rid of beings that can't feel pain and can eternally resurrect themselves and your answer is to threaten them with cockroaches and make them crap their pants.... Really?
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
echoeagle3 wrote...
I don't think I have dropped any series as fast as I have dungeon master. Right at the start of the book there is a picture of a half naked loli. Then I almost immediately didn't like the protag, and finally the dungeon core was described as looking like she was in middle school. So yeah, instant drop

Yeah, I can see you having problems with that... :D The story itself is far better than just these few elements, though.

echoeagle3 wrote...
Goddess's heroes felt... immature. Like, you are trying to get rid of beings that can't feel pain and can eternally resurrect themselves and your answer is to threaten them with cockroaches and make them crap their pants.... Really?

Very much so... As said, it has its moments, but a lot of it is just as described. Nothing wrong with dropping it, this can drive a better man insane, although if you can handle the silliness, it does an actually good job at explaining the existence of the heroes, the goddess, and the demons. If only the writing in other parts could measure up to the work that's gone into creating this world...
I posted my problem with Torture Princess on facebook but I could copy it here too, I guess.

I tried reading it and couldn't get through the first volume. It seems to try and be a dark and gritty setting complete with lots of horrific monsters and plenty of gore. All of that is perfectly fine with me.

The problem is, what they do with this serious, and depressing setting, is they add this cutesy romantic comedy to it between the two main characters. It feels so freakin out of place and just bizarre. That I can't even take all the dark shit seriously because after they brutally torture their enemies its time to make pudding and act adorable.

Should probably have just made two different series.
Saw that, yes.
Have you read any other series like that? Where they cant seem to decide on what the tone and feel for the story will be? They just jump all over the place with it
Can't really think of any right now... Possibly in manga, but wouldn't be able to tell you right now, too long a list to search through it all.
well, I'll let you know when i read some more stuff.
*drinks his tea*
Hello, café!
That's a cool set.
Indeed.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
hello
Hello, Taz. ^_^
You see my facebook post about Berserk of Gluttony?
Noticed, yes.
I might have been exaggerating a bit but I seriously almost cried at the end of volume one
I see.
and "I see" that you are super excited about this.

suppose I can talk about something else