Paperback Books Returning Soon!

Pages 123Next
Since September we've been hard at work getting the store back online to 100% and we are just about at the point where we can start accepting orders for paperback books. However with the upcoming holiday, we are going to wait until the first week of January to turn everything on.

So if you've been waiting to buy your books directly from us, the first week of January is it!
Had a feeling it would be back near the end of December 🙃.
Can't wait!

Btw, for the books with TBA for release, when will those get updated?
Nice!

Honestly, this should be front page news. I would've almost missed this. ^^'
DegenHawk Proverbial degenerate
Will there be a compiled list of which volumes will be available to ship immediately, and which are still in printing/shipping?

I want to place an order when it's back up, but I don't want 6 books to be in limbo while I wait for 1 out of 6 an extra three months because a container ship got stuck somewhere. Not faulting Fakku for shipping delays, it'd just be super useful.
YQII FAKKU Translator
DegenHawk wrote...
Will there be a compiled list of which volumes will be available to ship immediately, and which are still in printing/shipping?

We should be able to provide that list. I don't have any deeper insight as I'm not part of the books or warehouse team, but the last book slated for a December release was Dirty Diaries, so that will at least give you a rough idea of what books to expect to be ready for shipping. Granted, with the insane end-of-year shipping delays—and even when they do arrive, they sometimes end up on the wrong side of the country—please don't take anything I say at this point as confirmation. I'll bring this up when we get back and the relevant teams can provide you with more accurate information.
Will it be possible to see which books are in stock when paperbacks return? I remember that before the paperback exodus, the only way to see whether a book was out of stock (at least to my knowledge) was to put it in your cart and try to pay. Only then were you told whether it's out of stock or not.

Would be great if there's an easier way to find out now (or maybe to be put on a waiting list and get a notification once it's back in stock). Otherwise people will have to try paying again and again every time they want to check whether a book's even available.
DegenHawk Proverbial degenerate
YQII wrote...
We should be able to provide that list. I don't have any deeper insight as I'm not part of the books or warehouse team, but the last book slated for a December release was Dirty Diaries, so that will at least give you a rough idea of what books to expect to be ready for shipping. Granted, with the insane end-of-year shipping delays—and even when they do arrive, they sometimes end up on the wrong side of the country—please don't take anything I say at this point as confirmation. I'll bring this up when we get back and the relevant teams can provide you with more accurate information.

Appreciate the insight. "Available now", and a separate "Coming soon" tag on the books would be helpful when adding stuff to cart from the main site. I know that info tends to be in descriptions, but things change, and adding a tag to a database might be useful.

Pit93 wrote...
Will it be possible to see which books are in stock when paperbacks return? I remember that before the paperback exodus, the only way to see whether a book was out of stock (at least to my knowledge) was to put it in your cart and try to pay. Only then were you told whether it's out of stock or not.

Would be great if there's an easier way to find out now (or maybe to be put on a waiting list and get a notification once it's back in stock). Otherwise people will have to try paying again and again every time they want to check whether a book's even available.

That would be a great feature. Would save plenty of heartache and time. "Out of stock" might be another tag that'd help?

While we're wishing for features, a button to help Fakku gauge interest in reprints would be cool. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I'd pay extra to vote for reprints. Unless they already monitor sales trends and reprint, and I'm just ignorant.
DegenHawk wrote...

That would be a great feature. Would save plenty of heartache and time. "Out of stock" might be another tag that'd help?

While we're wishing for features, a button to help Fakku gauge interest in reprints would be cool. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I'd pay extra to vote for reprints. Unless they already monitor sales trends and reprint, and I'm just ignorant.

Yeah, both of those would be really helpful. I mean the "out of stock" is already in a database somewhere, after all we immediately get the info once we try to pay for an out of stock item. The info just needs to be put on the book page itself, whether through tag or other means.

And I'd also be interested in a reprint button. ^^
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Got a new debt card just for the tankobons.
Crossing my fingers the physical release relaunch goes well! got my eyes on Netorare New Heroine, TSF Monogatari, and The Job of a Service Committee Member!
Oh yes finally some light at the end of the tunnel.
any update yet?
Is it going to be up today? I'm counting seconds here, even tho I don't even know when it will be up.
YQII FAKKU Translator
We'll update you when the feature is turned back on. Do note that it's 8:30 AM local time, and we'll do this sometime this week.
Paperback books are almost here! We'll slowly be rolling it out over the next few days.

First up, box sets are now available for physical purchase:
https://www.fakku.net/tags/box-set
Jacob wrote...
Paperback books are almost here! We'll slowly be rolling it out over the next few days.

Awesome news! Do you ship worldwide, to Europe?

EDIT: Why is all available but not MEME50 Box??
Jacob wrote...

Please, reprint MEME50 BOX and Bosshi's XXX Mix as well. It's the ones I don't have.
For the Butcha-U Box do I have re-buy the digital? I don't see why I have to buy it again when I own it already.
Saki Succubus wrote...

This happened to me a lot during any sales that come around. Stack my cart full of the on sale goodies only to be told a good portion was out of stock.
And now all paperback books that are not on pre-order, are available for purchase!

Pre-orders will be available next week.

RagLoth wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Please, reprint MEME50 BOX and Bosshi's XXX Mix as well. It's the ones I don't have.

Unfortunately, these look like they're out of stock.
Pages 123Next