FAKKU General Bug Report/New Design Rant Thread

luinthoron High Priest of Loli
cryptonic wrote...
I just found out if you post twice, back to back, in a topic, your previous comment gets replaced with your most recent. So you're only allowed to post once. For more info, I posted a general statement and then answer someone's question, so the former got deleted and the latter was the only one that posted.

Maybe this is the way it was designed? Idk. Just something I never noticed.

Sounds like a bug, it used to direct you to editing your existing post. Unless it's a thread you made, in which case you could and still can make multiple posts in a row.

edit: Although checking it out right now here, it still seems to work correctly for me. Even when quoting someone for the second post.
luinthoron wrote...
cryptonic wrote...
I just found out if you post twice, back to back, in a topic, your previous comment gets replaced with your most recent. So you're only allowed to post once. For more info, I posted a general statement and then answer someone's question, so the former got deleted and the latter was the only one that posted.

Maybe this is the way it was designed? Idk. Just something I never noticed.

Sounds like a bug, it used to direct you to editing your existing post. Unless it's a thread you made, in which case you could and still can make multiple posts in a row.

edit: Although checking it out right now here, it still seems to work correctly for me. Even when quoting someone for the second post.

I forgot to mention I'm using the android app (which I fixed on the original post since I left it out) so it's maybe a bug on that end? But this thread was from the recent book announcement. But ya, I just wanted to report it.
The PDF and x3200 ZIP download links for the following manga have the wrong files/contents:
https://www.fakku.net/hentai/sweet-life-in-another-world-4-elf-ladies-and-the-mysterious-mushrooms-english
found this dead page for "Noji" when I was looking for "Nozi"

anyway to merge these pages, or delete one, or link to the Nozi page from the Noji page? I got really confused when I got to the Noji page and there was nothing on it and no link to the main Nozi page.

https://www.fakku.net/artists/noji
https://www.fakku.net/artists/nozi
the blocking feature still doesn't work. if i go to "my account" > "settings" > "following" there's a "blocking" section at the bottom.
chapters with the genre i blocked are still on full display on the main page. contrary to what the description says, absolutely nothing gets "faded out"
only the tag with the blocked genre is red. nothing more. is there another blocking feature i'm not aware of?
Galder wrote...
the blocking feature still doesn't work. if i go to "my account" > "settings" > "following" there's a "blocking" section at the bottom.
chapters with the genre i blocked are still on full display on the main page. contrary to what the description says, absolutely nothing gets "faded out"
only the tag with the blocked genre is red. nothing more. is there another blocking feature i'm not aware of?

No there is not. The blocking feature has never worked the way you think it should. I agree this should be corrected.

I'm still waiting on restoring removed features on this site such as viewing tags in list form.
Pretty sure they stopped looking at this forum after the negative response they got from telling us that they didn't care that we wanted list back and tiles were the way moving forward.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
It takes like a full minute and a half to post. Occasionally.
Authors in the following list no longer appear in bold in the list view or the details page of a chapter. It was pretty useful, so it'd be cool if this could be brought back.
sl01 Yuri and Traps FTW
Hello, I have 22 (folders) in my collection. When I try to add to them I can only access 7 of them. This is the third time I have a left a message. Can you please fix this or explain why it can't be fixed. I have subbed to you folks since day one of pay to access and have ordered books. So can you respond to this?
pokeroots wrote...
Pretty sure they stopped looking at this forum after the negative response they got from telling us that they didn't care that we wanted list back and tiles were the way moving forward.

Any idea on another way to get them to pay attention to complaints about the UI? It's really strange that they made a change nobody liked, and then they're just refusing to say anything about it, not even a "we're still working on the feature."

Can somebody who works at the company please give any update whatsoever on what the situation is with the UI design?

Also: while editing this post I see a message at the top saying "You cannot double post, please edit your previous post instead" so that's a bug.
Last I asked in the discord I got told they weren't going to even look at making site changes before they could start selling physical books again from their store... Which just leads me to believe that they don't have in house devs and don't want to spend money on two fronts, honestly I'm amazed the new UI made it through any kind of UX testing if there was any.
pokeroots wrote...
Last I asked in the discord I got told they weren't going to even look at making site changes before they could start selling physical books again from their store... Which just leads me to believe that they don't have in house devs and don't want to spend money on two fronts, honestly I'm amazed the new UI made it through any kind of UX testing if there was any.

I really don't understand it. They said that they needed to push out a front-end redesign of the site due to issues with the online store. I don't see how making chapters display in a grid view without tags listed could connect with how the online store works. That sounds like some spaghetti code nonsense. I also just don't know anybody who would actually prefer the new layout. The only thing I could maybe see is a mobile user but even then that seems unlikely.
As of today, the overlay for adding chapters to collections does not open at all, making it impossible to add the new chapters to my read later list.

edit: similarly, no dropdown menus seem to work (My Account, post quoting/editing/deleting commands).

edit2: Nor does opening spoiler tags.

edit3: Basically, nothing relying on scripts. Top bar search, deleting old avatars, post formatting buttons...
Once paperback book purchases are 100% back online, I'll be revisiting this thread and fixing any remaining bugs.
Like luinthoron said, nothing with script work. Can’t even access my digital purchases. Bruh.
What browser are you two using?

luinthoron wrote...
As of today, the overlay for adding chapters to collections does not open at all, making it impossible to add the new chapters to my read later list.

edit: similarly, no dropdown menus seem to work (My Account, post quoting/editing/deleting commands).

edit2: Nor does opening spoiler tags.

edit3: Basically, nothing relying on scripts. Top bar search, deleting old avatars, post formatting buttons...

realJoJo49 wrote...
Like luinthoron said, nothing with script work. Can’t even access my digital purchases. Bruh.
Pale Moon 29.4.3
luinthoron wrote...
Pale Moon 29.4.3

Working now?
Jacob wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Pale Moon 29.4.3

Working now?

Working now. Thanks!