Your path in life.

FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Hey guys, I hope all is well with everyone? I'm doing fine, but also conflicted. I really like both of my professions as a software engineer and a caregiver. But I know I can only choose one otherwise I'll drive myself insane. So, I'm giving myself a deadline. If my software company doesn't make any revenue in three years, caregiving wins and I'll sell off Project FinalBoss Corp. I have no real favorite rn, but caregiving has a place in my heart right next to content creation. So may the best passion win.

What about you guys? Are there issues with where you want to be in life? Do you have dreams, have achieved them or found something better than what you originally pursued? Let me know what your path in life is, will be or unsure of.
Second Cuming Saving Your Tags
FinalBoss wrote...
Hey guys, I hope all is well with everyone? I'm doing fine, but also conflicted. I really like both of my professions as a software engineer and a caregiver. But I know I can only choose one otherwise I'll drive myself insane. So, I'm giving myself a deadline. If my software company doesn't make any revenue in three years, caregiving wins and I'll sell off Project FinalBoss Corp. I have no real favorite rn, but caregiving has a place in my heart right next to content creation. So may the best passion win.

What about you guys? Are there issues with where you want to be in life? Do you have dreams, have achieved them or found something better than what you originally pursued? Let me know what your path in life is, will be or unsure of.

I think you giving yourself a deadline was a very wise and smart decision. You never know your company may pay off, maybe with the additional money you make if proven successful. You can invest or donate into a separate or existing company that leans towards caregiving. It might not be as hands on but maybe it’ll satisfy that side of you.

As far as me goes. I’m an upcoming artist. People know me locally in my region more so for beats. But I’m trying to prove myself as a rapper, and that I have what it takes to do both. The issue is, I am not worried that I’ll make it or not in the industry. Because whether I do or don’t make it I will always be doing what I do. Im just worried I’ll never prove to at least my region that I’m just as dope of a rapper as I am a producer. It sucks doing day to day jobs. Im hoping I can either get to a point where I’m consistently making money off of my music, and not struggling with these basic jobs, or finding a really good side hustle that can maintain everything despite my devotion in music. I know my path though… it’s just fighting to prove myself at this point, and executing these opportunities.
Second Cuming wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

I think you giving yourself a deadline was a very wise and smart decision. You never know your company may pay off, maybe with the additional money you make if proven successful. You can invest or donate into a separate or existing company that leans towards caregiving. It might not be as hands on but maybe it’ll satisfy that side of you.

As far as me goes. I’m an upcoming artist. People know me locally in my region more so for beats. But I’m trying to prove myself as a rapper, and that I have what it takes to do both. The issue is, I am not worried that I’ll make it or not in the industry. Because whether I do or don’t make it I will always be doing what I do. Im just worried I’ll never prove to at least my region that I’m just as dope of a rapper as I am a producer. It sucks doing day to day jobs. Im hoping I can either get to a point where I’m consistently making money off of my music, and not struggling with these basic jobs, or finding a really good side hustle that can maintain everything despite my devotion in music. I know my path though… it’s just fighting to prove myself at this point, and executing these opportunities.

Thanks, that's some good advice there. It's cool that you're into the music industry. I have a good friend who is also an upcoming artist, so I know a little bit about what you're going through. I tried my hand at learning music composition, but I have to put those lessons into the backburner. In any case, I'm glad you've already found a passion for something, and I hope it never burns out.
Second Cuming Saving Your Tags
FinalBoss wrote...
Second Cuming wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

Thanks, that's some good advice there. It's cool that you're into the music industry. I have a good friend who is also an upcoming artist, so I know a little bit about what you're going through. I tried my hand at learning music composition, but I have to put those lessons into the backburner. In any case, I'm glad you've already found a passion for something, and I hope it never burns out.

Thank you so much! I’m glad my advice was good enough! Keep your head up out here
FinalBoss wrote...

Hi,

If you're still here, I commend you for your path, I also Software Engineer by profession, and already work at it. I was starting with totally different background, I was from Psychology grad, had 2 years of HR related, then change course to Software Engineer.

I had my drive, which is my sister, (she's passed away 1 month ago). Now I feel kinda conflicted, about my job right now.
My job right now was pretty good and I had best team, and healthy-balanced works.
But now, idk about this, I still need the money to raise and immigrate somewhere on Europe or Canada. So I keep moving on, in life for me it's not only about the passion, I mean don't get me wrong, but passion will be chip bit by bit by reality, if the pay is good ? can you life out of it ? and sometimes, it's fine if you give up and choose the realistic one.

But if you commit to the path, I think you also gonna need "drive" beside the passion, my drive after my sister pass away, was getting out of my country and had a family.

Cheers !
DrFrost wrote...
FinalBoss wrote...

Hi,

If you're still here, I commend you for your path, I also Software Engineer by profession, and already work at it. I was starting with totally different background, I was from Psychology grad, had 2 years of HR related, then change course to Software Engineer.

I had my drive, which is my sister, (she's passed away 1 month ago). Now I feel kinda conflicted, about my job right now.
My job right now was pretty good and I had best team, and healthy-balanced works.
But now, idk about this, I still need the money to raise and immigrate somewhere on Europe or Canada. So I keep moving on, in life for me it's not only about the passion, I mean don't get me wrong, but passion will be chip bit by bit by reality, if the pay is good ? can you life out of it ? and sometimes, it's fine if you give up and choose the realistic one.

But if you commit to the path, I think you also gonna need "drive" beside the passion, my drive after my sister pass away, was getting out of my country and had a family.

Cheers !

Hello, first of all, my condolences for your loss. Reading your background information reminds me of my humble beginnings in college. I too was a Psychology major, however, unlike you I never got a degree for that. In fact, I ended up dropping out my senior year the month before I was due to graduate. So I guess you can compare me to the likes of a runaway bride, except I'm the runaway graduate. I drifted a few years during my ronin days spent at home with my mom. I didn't have a clear path as to what I wanted to do with my life, but I did know it was in the direction of content creation. Eventually I established my startup company in 2018 while going back to school for web development. I initially wanted to go for a certification for game develop via C++ credentials, but felt like I should definitely get my feet wet and expand my library of knowledge in many different branches of software engineering. For now I am settling for my title as a game designer/web developer. Eventually I want to find the time to truly master C++ alongside Unreal Engine's Blueprint system.

Fast forward to the present where I am juggling my passion for software engineering and a new found passion for caregiving. I originally took on caregiving as an opportunity to support my business financially, I had no idea I would like the field as much as I do now.

At this stage in my life, I like both of my professions as a caregiver and software engineer/content creator. However, as I stated in the initial post, I'm eventually going to have to choose one.

I discussed this with my love interest in Kenya, Africa the other day, and she helped me reach a decision towards favoring one over the other. After telling her how I felt, I broke down my decision into three main categories:

1) Financial Stability - Earn enough to make ends meet.
2) Quality of Living - Satisfaction towards the nature of the job
3) Flexibility - Balance between personal and professional lifestyles.

After going over each category, it ended up a tie between the two...for now. Each one is missing a criteria to make a final decision. However, in terms of my future goal as a family oriented individual, my content creation career has more potential (So long as it remains a remote type of profession.). Even though right now, my caregiving job is kicking my profession as a software engineers ass in terms of earning revenue, that can easily change in the future if I continue to be diligent with my projects and ambitions. Unlike my SE career, caregiving lacks flexibility, which is very important to me in order to maintain a balance between my personal and professional life. So, unless something drastically changes that may hinder my goal towards raising a family, I'm going to continue to use caregiving as a means to support my current lifestyle in addition to investing in my startup company.