Mass downvotes

Is there a way to limit downvotes with a timer or something. Like you can down vote once a minute. I dislike seeing a chapter go live and every comment is at 0 because some person is having a bad day.
This!
I've been noticing this A LOT lately for a lot of posters (including myself) where someone is just downvoting for the sake of trolling. It's getting ridiculous.
Someone (perhaps more than one person)
is abusing the downvote button, by down-
voting every comment in sight.

It's annoying, and it probably discourages
new fans. So I think the downvote button
should be deactivated, because it doesn't
serve any useful purpose, anyway.
I would argue that downvotes have as much place as upvotes. I am a "Positive Pete" so I never use them, but people should be able to say they don't like your post. My main issue is when person is throwing a tantrum and downvoting everyone. You don't like what I said, fine. You don't like the website, chapter, or artist. Go somewhere else.
It's very odd, because I find the comments sections here to be among the most civil I've ever seen anywhere. Little to no arguing, flaming and trolling. But yes, lots and lots of downvoting. I'd say I get 1 downvote to every two upvotes I get on average and I almost never say anything negative. It's a really strange thing, but I am grateful for the community of regular commentors who are by and large really friendly and the downvoters don't add toxicity by commenting much.
MisterMiser1967 wrote...
I find the comments sections here to be among the
most civil I've ever seen anywhere... really friendly.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I think the downvote button should
simply be deactivated. Except for the trolls, hardly anyone else ever uses
that button, because (a) Fakku fans are generally good-natured and not
inclined to downvote anyone, and (b) truly objectionable comments that
"deserve" to be downvoted are extremely rare in the Fakku community,
which is unusually friendly and non-toxic, by any internet standard.
BoldMourn Harem consumer
Given the friendly and inoffensive standards we see here, would these trolls resort to comments if they lose their downvoting tizzy-fits? Just wondering.

But yeah, wouldn’t mind seeing it either go or restrict to once per account on any comment. It’s annoying to see five upvotes on notifications and then see the comment at +1…
Today, I logged in and saw 40 notifications---27 of which were downvotes.
That's ridiculous. It's clear that I'm now receiving special attention from the
troll(s) because I posted on this thread.