FireFox vs IE

Hey everyone! Some of you may know me cuz i complain alot but any ways this is regarding the latest update... FIREFOXfucking use it! Well i was just looking at the screenshots and couldnt tell the difference. I mean i use IE and Jacob did say it was better so i downloaded Firefox and [b]BOOM[/b]BULLSHIT! nothing changed. Nothing at all. Im not trying to put Jacob down or anyone but im just wondering what is so good about firefox? i was comparing IE to FF but everyone of my websites that i go to look the same! So please can someone just tell me a few good reasons to stop using IE and use Firefox instead? Please?! Thanks!
When I use FF the font is a bit lower quality then IE I don't know why, but thats not the case :P. I use both browsers for certain things, but one good thing about FF is that it has add-ons
With the latest IE version, it really isn't all that different. That being said, there are a few small differences. FF is supposedly safer, although I don't have any evidence to prove so. As for visual differences, they are generally minor. The push by Jacob for people to use FF is probably becuase it may take extra work on his part to make sure the site looks right on different programs and hes probably most used to FF.

An example of FF vs IE:
Forum Image: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/stoaster/FFIE.jpg

I am under the impression that Jacob has a lot of things he would like to do with fakku and having to spend his time on annoying little things like that could suck.
:P Ah! now i see it! Thanks Lurking! I guess IE likes to make things a little bigger then FF but in the end i think the they are almost the same considering that most websites are hoping ur using IE but FF makes everything flow together alittle better. Thanks man. props for all your responses to my posts and for being such a nice guy :D
David wrote...
When I use FF the font is a bit lower quality then IE I don't know why, but thats not the case :P. I use both browsers for certain things, but one good thing about FF is that it has add-ons

yes i like that too but IE does have some options to help make it yours. P.S love ur sig
Deleta wrote...
:P Ah! now i see it! Thanks Lurking! I guess IE likes to make things a little bigger then FF but in the end i think the they are almost the same considering that most websites are hoping ur using IE but FF makes everything flow together alittle better. Thanks man. props for all your responses to my posts and for being such a nice guy :D

Why thank you. I try to help out when I can. Other people on here may be able to tell you more on it, but I think formatting issues are the main concern.
lurking wrote...
With the latest IE version, it really isn't all that different. That being said, there are a few small differences. FF is supposedly safer, although I don't have any evidence to prove so. As for visual differences, they are generally minor. The push by Jacob for people to use FF is probably becuase it may take extra work on his part to make sure the site looks right on different programs and hes probably most used to FF.

An example of FF vs IE:

I am under the impression that Jacob has a lot of things he would like to do with fakku and having to spend his time on annoying little things like that could suck.

That is actually the exact reason I prefer FireFox :D Realistically I should and will code stuff that works perfectly in both, sometimes it's just a pain.
Deleta wrote...
David wrote...

yes i like that too but IE does have some options to help make it yours. P.S love ur sig

Thanks for noticing my sig :D

http://grownupgeek.com/ Look at the pic below the keyboard so thats probably another reason
It's not just that. Read up more on IE vs. FF via google or wikipedia.

The difference isn't solely based on aesthetical aspects.

I've personally had a better and more efficient time browsing the web using FF. The rate at which I crash on IE is significantly higher than when I am on FF.

But don't take my word for it. As I said, read up more on it and see for yourself.
azumax wrote...

I've personally had a better and more efficient time browsing the web using FF. The rate at which I crash on IE is significantly higher than when I am on FF.
i remember the days my dad was using IE then i noticed he switched to FF and at first i didnt knwo the difference.over time though i noticed that FF didnt crash as much as IE and im still not sure about the vicious stuff that attacks your computer from IE since it seems like a rumor(though it can be true). well yeah i forgot what im talkign about sincei know i also use FF and it took me a while to get used to it so it works
Thanks to all of you who have help me to understand the differences between the two. :D Thanks to you guys i now know the joy of Firefox. Thanks everyone.

YAY! 100th post
Windows media player doesn't work in firefox- in fact, it crashes Firefox for me, but I still use it. Why? Because I'm stuck with I.E v6 and that...my gods, blows.
just upgrade it to IE7.0

I have both browsers installed (ie7 and FF) I use FF for a certain website because it loads it faster (IE tries to load a site everything at the same time for some reason, FF loads the page first and after that the pictures. The site having pic's\gifs signatures of up to 2mb, thise saves alot of time with FF)

But besides that, its IE7.0 all the way, its just so awesome to use.
Jacob wrote...

An example of FF vs IE:
That is actually the exact reason I prefer FireFox :D Realistically I should and will code stuff that works perfectly in both, sometimes it's just a pain.

I dont know if its Jacobs doing, but with my IE7.0 i dont have the space under the poll, but still have the space above the new doujins.
Its probably something he changed since then. I put that image up before the most recent update. It was only supposed to be an example of the codeing issues that may arise.

And just incase anyone was wondering, the screenshot was from IE 7.
micodaboss wrote...
just upgrade it to IE7.0

I have both browsers installed (ie7 and FF) I use FF for a certain website because it loads it faster (IE tries to load a site everything at the same time for some reason, FF loads the page first and after that the pictures. The site having pic's\gifs signatures of up to 2mb, thise saves alot of time with FF)

But besides that, its IE7.0 all the way, its just so awesome to use.

Yah IE7 is as similar to FF because of the tabs etc, it's awesome