kingdom hearts 3?

Pages Prev1234
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
well hell it looks like i have to play Kingdom hearts 1&2 now.
I have had the two for over 3 years and i have never play the two.
Hentanize wrote...
Hmmm I'd rather play them in order of release.

It doesn't matter which ones you play. Just remember, that's the chronological order for the story.
I initially planned to play kh 1 and 2 though. Will i miss anything important to the story if i skip the portable games?
Hentanize wrote...
I initially planned to play kh 1 and 2 though. Will i miss anything important to the story if i skip the portable games?

I think you would, Dream Drop Distance explains the rest of the portable stories as you play through it though, so I suggest at least playing DDD.
If you are lucky Kingdom Heats 3 will explain what happen after 2.
AquaChills wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

I think you would, Dream Drop Distance explains the rest of the portable stories as you play through it though, so I suggest at least playing DDD.
If you are lucky Kingdom Heats 3 will explain what happen after 2.

Also, Birth By Sleep is where it all started. You will need to play through that to understand the origin of the series.

I guess you could play through Dream Drop Distance and unlock the "Chronicle Reports" that tell each games story, but I feel you would understand it more by playing it. Trust me, Birth By Sleep is really great in terms of story arcs.
I literally flipped when I was watching the Sony Conference and announced
FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III!
haiz... I played all of the series except for dream drop distance.. hate when their releasing on diff console.. zzz
«Synth» wrote...
I literally flipped when I was watching the Sony Conference and announced
FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III!

You're not the only one pal.

After I brought myself down from FF15, in comes Tetsuya Namora like a boss.

I was on the verge of tears when I heard that iconic music. There it was KH3!
Finally after all the wait and all the side stories are done we'll finally get KH3.
I gave up on the series after Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I can pretty much sum it up as "We must do something, fight *insert heartless or other baddy*, there is someone else at play, we must do something" and it still was the same. I liked the original game, that was a lot of fun because not only did you have the arena, but the dalmatians collecting and the trinity points so completing it all felt natural.

In the original, you had the Disney Villains as the main villains till the very end (which was a twist because I didn't expect it but made sense playing it again). I don't like the new original villains in the game. They are so whinny, "I want my heart back" over and over again or "I want to take over the worlds." The story has gotten away from what made the series fun, a character trying to find his friends and joins up with Disney Characters to do that but all the while the Disney Villains are after them. So I will not get this game when it comes out.
Though if you leave now you won't get to face off with the new organization13, come on compared to the Disney villains they were more interesting in both character and power.
KINGDOM HEARTS III - D23 Expo Japan 2013 Trailer

So... fucking... beautiful.
Zeriam wrote...
KINGDOM HEARTS III - D23 Expo Japan 2013 Trailer

So... fucking... beautiful.

Holy Mother of God...
Konacha37 wrote...
I gave up on the series after Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I can pretty much sum it up as "We must do something, fight *insert heartless or other baddy*, there is someone else at play, we must do something" and it still was the same. I liked the original game, that was a lot of fun because not only did you have the arena, but the dalmatians collecting and the trinity points so completing it all felt natural.

In the original, you had the Disney Villains as the main villains till the very end (which was a twist because I didn't expect it but made sense playing it again). I don't like the new original villains in the game. They are so whinny, "I want my heart back" over and over again or "I want to take over the worlds." The story has gotten away from what made the series fun, a character trying to find his friends and joins up with Disney Characters to do that but all the while the Disney Villains are after them. So I will not get this game when it comes out.

I have to agree with this post. I loved KH until around the 3DS version. I mean, it is cool that KH 3 is coming out now but they kinda needed to complicate the story less and stick to finding friends with disney characters. The whole X blade thing is kinda silly.

As for FF15, forgive my skepticism after 13. Not getting it when it comes out since I am unsure of the quality of the game in recent installments (10 > 12 > 13(and why are there 3 diff FF13 games >.>)) Oh and I have to buy a new console. Give it to me on the PC and I'll be golden with a sale sometime later.
Konacha37 wrote...

It seems like a shame to drop out at the end of the Saga like that.
Pages Prev1234