Summer Writing Contest 2012!

It's Summer! Naturally, one thinks of the beach, mutilating watermelons while blindfolded, and various girls romping around in skimpy bikini tops which they tend to lose just a few moments later. Forget all about that because from this day forward the Summer Writing Contest should also spring to mind, as it may be the start of yet another long-running and well-loved(?) tradition on Fakku! Fortunately, there is a lot of room for different things to happen during the summer, so the various themes available for your perusal this time should satisfy just about any literary appetite. So put down the sunscreen for a moment and go back inside, because we need you to enter this contest and delight us with your tales of summer fun, folly and fright!

Rules

1. The word limit is 1500, any word beyond that will be disregarded.

2. The themes are: Summer, Vacation or Romance. All stories must at least be loosely connected to either of the themes.

3. It must contain something related to Fakku in some way (a user cameo, a reference to the site, etc...). For user cameos; you'll have to get permission from the user first, you and said user can determine how offensive/humorous the part can be but both users have to come to an understanding.

4. Any kind of creative writing will be accepted, thus stories and poetry are welcome.

5. Please be informed that it must be your own original work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and rest assured we will be examining your work very closely.

6. Please keep the posts in this topic relevant. Comments are allowed, and submissions should be posted here as links to separate the Writing and Fanfiction forum's threads.

7. It is NOT acceptable for the participants to have someone else edit, fix or improve grammatical errors, or anything in your entry. You'll be disqualified without consideration if we find out.

8. Please include the following tag [Summer Contest Entry 2012] at the front thread title of your entry. An example would be "[Summer Contest Entry 2012] My Trip to the Beach on Summer".

9. Each contestant is allowed to submit a maximum of ONE entry.

Deadline

The deadline for entries is 00:00 of the 15th of July (EST, GMT-5). Entries after this specific time will be disregarded.

Judging

The panel of three judges - myself included, tsuyoshiro and Waar - will choose our favorites based on our judging, explain the reasoning behind them, and declare the three winners.

The Prize

We'll be having three winners for this contest and we have many prizes in store for them!

For the First Place Winner:

YQII, a translator who has uploaded and contributed many doujinshi and hentai manga for it's visitors will be translating whichever works are requested. However, while the winner may ask for as many works to be translated as he want, there is a page limit of 60, if all the works together reaches up to 60 pages (1 or 2 more pages won't be a problem), the winner may not ask for any more. Regarding works with see-through speech-bubbles, those will be counted as double pages; i.e.: 5 such pages will counted as 10 towards the limit of 60 pages. This only applies if pretty much all bubbles are see-through—there's usually a few see-through bubbles in most works, which is fine. To get an idea of what's being spoken of, check this out for examples for see-through speech-bubbles and this one, too!

The first place winner will also receive courtesy of Jacob: the exclusive 'writer' forum rank, as well as all of the satisfaction and plaudits that will hopefully come with it.

Nikon is offering up a great prize for the First Place Winner, too. Included in this are the following: Ma Ma Boxed Set (Vol 1 + 2), A Wish of My Sister, and Terminatrix.

For the Second Place Winner:

FUKE, who contributes and uploads his translated works also, will be translating ONE work for the winner! There is a limit of 30 pages. However, if there are walls of text on each page, it will be reduced down to 20 or possibly 15 pages depending on it's content.

Also, from Nikon, Genmuran Boxset (Vol 1 + 2) on DVD and Kei Mizutani: Undressed for Success on DVD .

For the Third Place Winner:

From Nikon, Class Reunion Boxset (Vol 1 + 2) on DVD.

Additionally, all the winners will gain the praises of the Writing and Fanfiction members' praises and receive the ability to judge in next year's competition if you so choose (I'll be sure to host again next year).

Get your ideas out and give it a shot! You might just be able to impress us with your level of creativity and writing. Gather your confidence and reach for the top. Good luck!
While you are to keep your posts relevant to the topic here, you may post questions here, too. If you feel that you will feel humiliated or overwhelmed by the public presence, then - as they themselves said - please feel free to PM the other judges, and me, of course.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who barely writes and just reads; writers enjoys comments and feedbacks from almost anyone.

F.A.Q.s

How do I submit my Entry?

Make a new thread for your entry in the Writing and Fanfiction Section. Then, copy the link of your entry and post it in this thread.

You MUST post the link of your entry in this thread or else, we will NOT count it.

--Can I submit Multiple Entries?

For every users' entries, there will be a limit of ONE (1). It is not yet known how many will be participating. However, each judge has to read every entry. In order to avoid potential eye strain, please limit your entries to one piece please.

--Does it absolutely have to be under 1500 words?

Yes. If people could make do with 1000 words in the first contest, then why not 1500 words?

--Can I change or edit my entry?

Sure, but please announce and let us judges know. You can change or edit your entry up until the deadline - 00:00 of the 15th of July, 2012 (EST, GMT-5).

--Can I take ideas, or have a parody from an already-existing work?

Sure you can. However, you need to explain it to us that you did. Or else we may suspect plagiarism or the likes. Just leave a footnote regarding it (at the bottom) of the post that contains the story of your entry in it's thread.

--Do I have to include adult/sexual contents in my entry?

This is purely your choice. We don't mind if sexual contents are not present. We don't encourage or discourage it.

----------------------------

List of participants
Spoiler:

In order of submission:

GracefulDiscension submitted - Standing on the Grave

ScribeZazu submitted - Another Day...

Kyto1984 submitted - My day at the beach

Loliday submitted - "All But Mine"

Eastiling submitted - "Something that matters"

Antw0n submitted - The Pulse of the Stars

Drag0nf0rce submitted - Summer 'Heat'

Sanjuro_Hiruki submitted - The Angel’s Wife is an Immortal

ruckles26 submitted - Bitter vanilla

Jurann submitted - A Lazy River Ride

Poetrian submitted - Hurricane

Dandare submitted - Undead - Ikebukuro incident

El Chacal submitted - A Night to Remember

DudeWTF234 submitted - Random

Rozeluxe_Meitzen00 submitted - SevenTeen-th

Chronus14 submitted - Ball of Fire

Nejik submitted - A trip to the beach

Mangaman90 submitted - A Totally Dramatic Summer

VGuy submitted - Frames of Summer

ericcc70 submitted - My Slightly Sadistic Alice

Wabi-Sabi submitted - This love transcends boundaries

drakenichols1 submitted - Our Heaven

jademarlo23 submitted - Oppai, Megane, and Tsundere

Miyake submitted - Eternity

NeoStriker submitted - Just One Summer

ntsmooth submitted - For the First Time

tenshinhan submitted - And the sunset smiled.

branondorf submitted - Koyuki x Ayaka

John31269 submitted - The Three Unforgettable Days

high_time submitted - The Dying Wish of Summer

Pyrasius submitted - Ashford Academy to the beach

Hanasaku submitted - Serene wind, Gracious snow

Lt. Rand0m submitted - A Turbulent Summer Experience

drwho submitted - Golden Tides

bluseorrow submitted - Splatter Painting

EroSuccubus7 submitted - Summer's Mirage

SciasGrassRunner submitted - What I Did Over Summer Vacation

Nessuno submitted - The Best of Friends Chapter 1

Joke's_End submitted - The Choice is Yours

Sighing submitted - The last day of summer

Lord Kirby submitted - A quiet summer bath

AssasinZAssasin submitted - Where We Are Least Alone

Longevity submitted - Young Love!

Earthhunter submitted - Don't forget me!

saihafire submitted - A Demon, a Season, a Reason...

spellbraker submitted - Summer of Love and Friendship

Blaze submitted - A Place Beyond the Blaze

KuronekoChan submitted - In Her Nature

TheGodofManyFaces submitted - The Meeting

ejioforp submitted - A Bad Summer

the_bloodwalker submitted - The Painful Forgiveness

LustfulAngel submitted - The Mystery of Fate

Xenon submitted - The Capriciousness of Youth

Buttersfree37 submitted - The boy and the ghost who wept

Kasaix submitted - Brought Together by the Rainbow

FYN submitted - Danny Choo and the Mind Rapist

Thaiberium submitted - Haiku of the Summer Rain

CHICAWAZZA submitted - An Unphogetable Summer

Nanitakagi submitted - Unexpected Reactions

linkcam submitted - The summer of love and loss

leonard267 submitted - Leonard267's Summer Vacation

TheXAXAguy submitted - Warm Summer Breeze

artcellrox submitted - Another Chance

Second_Prototype submitted - Surprise

CoffeePrince submitted - Cafe of Dreams

xminebreaker submitted - An Empty Summer

zerochances submitted - My Life is a Lie

Walkerz submitted - Connection

Pulled out of the list out of respect, an honorable entry:

Jericho Antares's submission - A Time in Heaven--Forever in Hell

If your name is not on this list, it means:

- You did not post a link to your submission as instructed by the rules above.

- Your entry did not follow the rules: Under 1500 words and include either of the themes.

- Your entry was not posted before the deadline.

- You were just BSing us with your entry.

- The list is yet to be updated.

If you've made an error from any of the infractions described above, then your entry may not be included.

----------------

And lastly, special thanks to Anesthetize for this awesome topic image!
Waar FAKKU Moderator
In all likelihood I'm not your favorite moderator on Fakku but I want to take this time to promise to give my best effort judging this contest, I'm going to try and be as unbiased and forthcoming with my impressions as possible. Do not hesitate to pm me if you have any questions that pertain to me or my opinions.

I want to wish everyone luck and hope you all live up to my expectations. Make me proud writing section fakkuza.
I don't much care for summer, mostly because I live in the city closest to hell where 95 degree weather is considered 'much cooler than usual for this time of year'. That said, what I do care about is writing. I love to write, and I also love to read, and getting to judge this contest is one of my guilty pleasures that I truly enjoy. I had the opportunity to see some really interesting pieces during the seasonal writing contest, so I'm hoping for more of the same. Actually, scratch that. I'm hoping for better, and so should you. There's plenty of prizes this time around, so give it your all and don't be afraid to PM me in case Waar scares you.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.
What happened to the horror part? if Rise told me earlier I could have edited the topic pic. . . .

well whatever I'm still going for this, it's my first time into writing so wish me luck.
otakumax wrote...
What happened to the horror part? if Rise told me earlier I could have edited the topic pic. . . .

well whatever I'm still going for this, it's my first time into writing so wish me luck.

Well, as I clarified on Skype, we decided that the "horror" theme wouldn't be as popular and more common in summer season stories as "romance". For which we replaced it with that. But don't worry, you can still include horror in your stories as long as it's loosely connected to the other themes. Like if it's a story about a haunted house in summer; it could easily be valid regarding the themes.

Good luck! I look forward to see what you'll be writing. And I hope you continue to write even after the end of this contest.
To everyone who's going to take part in this contest, I wish you all best of luck, I'm looking forward to all the magnificent entries you guys will write for this event. You can definitely do it if you put your heart on writing out the story of yer dreams =)

Even though I'm not really much of a writer, I also look forward to participate on this event, thanks for having me guys. I hope we all could get better at writing as the event progresses. Let the summer craze begin! ^__^

/lazes around until he's in the mood for writing the entry
Summer~~~ While I do like to write, I like to read even more. A little disappointed that I didn't get chosen to judge but I'll still enjoy all them stories~~ If I feel like it, I'll submit a short story, maybe. 2 days to brain storm I guess.
Nikon FAKKU Old Guard
Good luck everyone! I hope you all do well and win all the stuff :3
I think I got the perfect Idea for this. Just one question: There does not HAVE to be sex in it, right?
Sanjuro_Hiruki wrote...
I think I got the perfect Idea for this. Just one question: There does not HAVE to be sex in it, right?

Whether you have any sexual contents or not in your entry is completely your decision to make. We do not encourage or discourage it in any way.
WOO-HOO! Writing contest. It's been quite a while since I last wrote something. In fact, I haven't done much since the Christmas write-off. So I'll definitely take part this time too. Having said that, I won't be done with schoolwork till the end of June anyway, so I probably won't start soon.

Hey, Fakku holds writing contest seasonally, right? Then why wasn't there any Spring contest?

Oh and, how will the prize be delivered? I mean, a lot of us live outside of the States, and shipping is quite costly, slow, and sometimes, should I say, complicated.
Hi, I'm just new here at fakku... and I want to ask if new comers can join in the contest? and when you said to post the link of the story. do you mean here? or should I make a new thread?
Oh sh!! I have an exam on 15th... =.=;;; Is it possible to extend the final deadline to 16th? I'd really like to participate in this.
charonte_simi wrote...
Hi, I'm just new here at fakku... and I want to ask if new comers can join in the contest? and when you said to post the link of the story. do you mean here? or should I make a new thread?

I was wondering the same thing. I'd love to participate if I could and knew how! ^u^
I'm currently working on something for the contest. I'm not doing it for the prizes though, just to have fun writing something about summer.
Hi. I'm also new and just joined in now... I'm actually willing to join but there are some rules I don't understand at all. Rules 2 and 3 to be precise... I don't know what user cameo means :P
readandbelieve wrote...
Hi. I'm also new and just joined in now... I'm actually willing to join but there are some rules I don't understand at all. Rules 2 and 3 to be precise... I don't know what user cameo means :P

That means using the name of another user on Fakku in your story.

Example: I write a story and use your username for a character. That's a cameo.

As for rule two: Your story should have something to do with summertime, romance, a vacation or all three if you choose.
Apparently I'm the first to be done. My entry down below.

https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=89715
Proper prizes, why didn't I think of that. Great to see the competition becoming a regular fixture. Past winners and close runners-up have been hugely varied in the tone and focus of their writing; remember, it doesn't have to be a lemon.

If you choose to include Momoka, make sure it's an inventive inclusion, not just a banal, straight up cameo. And as my career discipline, I'd love to see some journalistic writing, perhaps a travel piece. The Fakku reference would be harder, but it'd sure as hell stand out from the crowd. Good luck everyone!

Tyranosaurus_Secks wrote...
readandbelieve wrote...

That means using the name of another user on Fakku in your story.

Example: I write a story and use your username for a character. That's a cameo.

As for rule two: Your story MUST have something to do with summertime, romance, a vacation or all three if you choose.

While we want to get new users involved and active on the forums, I think the judges recognize the difficulty you might have including a forum user. The moderators and staff are easy choices, but you could also choose to include one of the Fakku mascots instead.

P.S. if you guys need me for anything, or if anyone would like somebody to read through their piece before they submit it, I'm always around.
Vanilla
Tomboy
Netorare
Monster Girl
Femdom
Popular Tags Today: