[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

This has been one of the most spoiled shows that I've ever watched. It would be much more enjoyable if I didn't know things like

Spoiler:
Asuna and Kirito gets married, they survive and go on to another nerve-gear-like game, magic is introduced in SAO, etc

I guess its because everyone and their friends have read the light novel for it. I'm not really sure why it became so popular but I do wish people would be more considerate to others and spoil their comments.

That said, I do like it so far. However I would like to see more things that you would see in a typical MMO. For example: item scamming, harassment, people doing weird things because they are bored, crazy collectors/house decorators, etc.
Start with the LN simply because anime adaptations never beat the perfection of the original.
Episode 9
Spoiler:
At the beginning of the episode, I thought: "Hey! Where's the boss fight? They ran away!"... but then again, the boss fight was pretty awesome.

I was just wondering about his natural HP regeneration like what he showed in the previous episode. He shouldn't stay in near KO state with it while lying on Asuna.
I can't resist but to post it here.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528120_475513532466468_538299117_n.jpg
Gahald_Mills wrote...
I can't resist but to post it here.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528120_475513532466468_538299117_n.jpg

lol, feels like Gintama's failed opening

Spoiler:
epic dual hand omnislashes shall be remembered forever... I mean its rare to find superb animations for fast combos like these... (I could remember few ones in gintama)
episode 9
Spoiler:
Finally seeing Kirito using the Dual Blade skill and kicking ass with it was the best! then after seeing Asuna being upset/caring for him made me happy....I just wonder when will he propose to her...
Aoruki wrote...
episode 9
Spoiler:
Finally seeing Kirito using the Dual Blade skill and kicking ass with it was the best! then after seeing Asuna being upset/caring for him made me happy....I just wonder when will he propose to her...

After seeing Hell. And no, Im not referring to the episode titles.
The battle is a lil bit slowpaced IMO
Aoruki wrote...
episode 9
Spoiler:

After seeing Hell. And no, Im not referring to the episode titles.

Edit: Dafuq? Is with my time lag lol.

Okay, feels like ALO will have 6-8 episodes only. Which sounds about right.
On a side note :
Heath, go jump to a Cliff
I think the episode was kind of underwhelming... Or maybe that's just me expecting a lot from the fight.
anigu wrote...
I think the episode was kind of underwhelming... Or maybe that's just me expecting a lot from the fight.

Thats pretty much how it went in the novel. What, you wanted the anime to go extend it somehow?
BloodyWind wrote...
anigu wrote...

Thats pretty much how it went in the novel. What, you wanted the anime to go extend it somehow?

The fight length is satisfactory and went like I had read about. The thing is, by 'underwhelming', I was talking about the awesomeness of the dual blade skill. It didn't feel as excited as in the novel. I really can't be more specific than this but yeah, that's just how I felt. More on future fights then.
I wonder if the novel readers here also felt like me?
anigu wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
anigu wrote...

The fight length is satisfactory and went like I had read about. The thing is, by 'underwhelming', I was talking about the awesomeness of the dual blade skill. It didn't feel as excited as in the novel. I really can't be more specific than this but yeah, that's just how I felt. More on future fights then.
I wonder if the novel readers here also felt like me?

Agreed, I also feel the battle was not as 'BAM!' as it went on the novel. Kinda slow, or not exciting enough, or....'BAM!' enough.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Once again, stop comparing things to LN.
Kaimax wrote...

I think they wanna hear Kirito's thoughts, which made half the things on how awesome it was. Or maybe the narration...
Kaimax Best Master-San
BloodyWind wrote...
Kaimax wrote...

I think they wanna hear Kirito's thoughts, which made half the things on how awesome it was. Or maybe the narration...

Well considering that we haven't hear much of his inner thoughts from the earlier episodes I don't think that there will be more in later episodes.
Dunno about you or anyone else, but I am here to enjoy the ride. I for one know the satisfaction an anime, manga and light novel can bring. And hell, they differ like day and night. Like the details between an anime and a light novel will and shall always differ. An anime captures the visual view of a person while a light novel captures one's imagination. If your imagination can bring words into a visual world more than an anime then woderful.

Well, like I always say, it all depends on one's opinion.
Buff_Daddy_Dizzle The True Buff Bizzle
BloodyWind wrote...
Dunno about you or anyone else, but I am here to enjoy the ride. I for one know the satisfaction an anime, manga and light novel can bring. And hell, they differ like day and night. Like the details between an anime and a light novel will and shall always differ. An anime captures the visual view of a person while a light novel captures one's imagination. If your imagination can bring words into a visual world more than an anime then woderful.

Well, like I always say, it all depends on one's opinion.

I gotta agree with you here, I'm a little surprised some people are having issues with the anime simply because it doesn't live up to their expectations from the LN. I'll admit I get certain things from the LN that I don't get from the anime, but I'll tell you what the anime gives me.

1)Fight scenes and cool music...I love fight scenes and cool music
2)A good view of Asuna's ass at times
3)A good view of Asuna's ass at times

I feel like enjoying this ride too :)
Kaimax wrote...

Even if I didn't compare it with the ln, I still feel the fighting is not exciting enough.

Or maybe it's just me.