[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

One thing I forgot to mention, the animation is gorgeous. I don't know about other aspects, but this one is really good.

And I had doubts, but is Kirito overleveled compared to the boss to solo him?
anigu wrote...
One thing I forgot to mention, the animation is gorgeous. I don't know about other aspects, but this one is really good.

And I had doubts, but is Kirito overleveled compared to the boss to solo him?

He's on 90s
Kaimax Best Master-San
castor212 wrote...
Or maybe it's just me.

It's always "you". Looking at the fight scene itself objectively, it's well done.
Some may think that it's not fast enough, that's because they had to insert's Kirito's thoughts and that slowed down the pace of the battle.

And what is the definition of "BAM" anyway?
The only reason why you don't think it's "BAM", that because you subconsciously compared it to the LN and You said it yourself.

castor212 wrote...
Agreed, I also feel the battle was not as 'BAM!' as it went on the novel. Kinda slow, or not exciting enough, or....'BAM!' enough.

If that wasn't comparison, then I don't know.
Kaimax wrote...
castor212 wrote...
Or maybe it's just me.

It's always "you". Looking at the fight scene itself objectively, it's well done.
Some may think that it's not fast enough, that's because they had to insert's Kirito's thoughts and that slowed down the pace of the battle.

And what is the definition of "BAM" anyway?
The only reason why you don't think it's "BAM", that because you subconsciously compared it to the LN and You said it yourself.

castor212 wrote...
Agreed, I also feel the battle was not as 'BAM!' as it went on the novel. Kinda slow, or not exciting enough, or....'BAM!' enough.

If that wasn't comparison, then I don't know.

I mean, I did compare it with the ln, but then I watched it as objectively as I can , without thinking how it went at the novel, and still feel not excited (BAM!) enough. It's just well, not great.
i love the story behind the main character guy because he realized its do or die so he got his ideas set and leveled up before the resources ran out.... about the ridiculous level skips... can't deny you there guys was a let down (if added with more boss battles would have been killer if not epic) i liked the side stories and events as well as the way he combined beater tester term and cheater into "beater"..as for the rest gotta watch it to say more...

oh and my buddies kept watching animes where main characters die .i.e. cowboy beebop and tengen toppa gurren laggan so they planning to go eroge and visual novel (claiming that at least there are more good endings in there as compared to manga and their animes).i.e (this is also a vn/eroge but at least has 1 if not 2 decent good endings than the anime)11eyes and alive the final evolution
Believe me the Anime really picks up on episode 8 it really is a great anime!
Episode 10

Spoiler:
Is it me or is the story going way fast all of a sudden, will they beat SAO by episode 12?, crying Asuna was sooo cute, oh and the night scene was as funny as ever but I wanted to see Asuna's face when Kirito ask if it is possible to have sex in the game
Episode 10
Spoiler:
Holy shit that murder scene was fucking intense. I really felt it and felt really sorry for the guy who died. The whole Asuna taking her clothes off scene was awesome. KEKKON SHIYO~
Episode 10
Spoiler:

-the duel scene was freaking awesome even though it ended with kirito's lose.it is pretty common if a dual wielder that relies on speed and power against a high lvled defender tends to lose because of the defenders high defense.

-seeing kirito in blood oath uniform.....pretty unsettling. i hope by the next episode,he'll back to his usual black equipments.

-by the time kirito grouped with that bunghole,i knew he's up to no good. he slipped paralyzing drug to their drinks and then he went ballistic while murdering the captain. his attempt of murdering kirito's pretty damn intense.

-it's sure is satisfying to see asuna's kicking that bunghole's ass for awhile but DAYUM! kirito killed that bunghole by stabbing his right hand to him even though he lost his left arm....which i find it's a major PLOTHOLE! (i'll explain it later.) and it ended with the first kissing scene of kirito and asuna.

-the moment where asuna's already undressing herself even though kirito just want to sleep together(not in the sexual way) were....PPFFFFTT!!!

-kirito's proposal to asuna makes him he's not only badass,he's also competent to me.

now this is why i find this episode has a plothole:
Spoiler:
by episode 1 it explains that by dying,the player's avatar will be gone permanently thus the real body will also ceased to live.
and even though it was badass,we clearly see that kirito's left arm was cut off by bunghole.but,how come when they're back in asuna's house,kirito's left arm is back to normal?
i know it's weird but....I'M NOT GONNA PASS THAT!
i know it's supposed to be an online game where your own body can get sliced/cut by swords but you'll be fine as long you didn't die but IT'S A FREAKING BODY PART! you can't just let it regenerated/grow back like lizard's tail,IT'S A PART OF YOUR AVATAR/BODY!!!!
it is clearly explained that "your avatar will gone permanently" but a severed arm is fine?? it'll even affect your real body.
maybe not by having the arm got cutted on it's own but it'll probably got paralyzed forever.

it's just....so unsettling that i find this as a plothole.

so for those of you who care enough to read the reason why i find it's a plothole,please explain to me am i right or is it just my overthinking and do give me a reason or two.
FreeOtakuGhost36 wrote...

Spoiler:
by episode 1 it explains that by dying,the player's avatar will be gone permanently thus the real body will also ceased to live.
and even though it was badass,we clearly see that kirito's left arm was cut off by bunghole.but,how come when they're back in asuna's house,kirito's left arm is back to normal?
i know it's supposed to be an online game where your own body can get sliced/cut by swords but you'll be fine as long you didn't die but IT'S A FREAKING BODY PART! you can't just let it regenerated/grow back like lizard's tail,IT'S A PART OF YOUR AVATAR/BODY!!!!
it is clearly explained that "your avatar will gone permanently" but a severed arm is fine?? it'll even affect your real body.
maybe not by having the arm got cutted on it's own but it'll probably got paralyzed forever.

Spoiler:
I don't remember if they mention it in the Light novel but the Nerv Gear that is on there head that will kill theme if they die can only send a high energy burst to kill you so if the NG had to do something the only thing it could do would be to kill him and losing an arm is not enough to kill someone, since his arm can be cut of I guess it works something similar to the armor in Assasins Creed where if you take enough dmg it brakes and you can't have full Hp until you repair it.
SnickSnack666 wrote...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I don't remember if they mention it in the Light novel but the Nerv Gear that is on there head that will kill theme if they die can only send a high energy burst to kill you so if the NG had to do something the only thing it could do would be to kill him and losing an arm is not enough to kill someone, since his arm can be cut of I guess it works something similar to the armor in Assasins Creed where if you take enough dmg it brakes and you can't have full Hp until you repair it.

Spoiler:
i know about the NG's ability to kill you in real life by destroying the brain but isn't the pain that they feel is real?
and this is a hand,not an armor. you don't just simply put it back together like that if it got cut off.
so kayaba allows the players to experience a real death but won't allow players to lose any of his/her limbs in the game?
that's pretty weird.
SnickSnack666 wrote...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
i know about the NG's ability to kill you in real life by destroying the brain but isn't the pain that they feel is real?
and this is a hand,not an armor. you don't just simply put it back together like that if it got cut off.
so kayaba allows the players to experience a real death but won't allow players to lose any of his/her limbs in the game?
that's pretty weird.

Spoiler:
The NG only sends electrical signals to the brain that makes it think that it hurts but it can not phiscly hurt the body without killing him so even if the NG could make it so he would not be able to use his arm if it got cut off it would not have an impact when he woke up and would just make the game harder then it already is, remember they have played for 2 years and only made it like 2/3 of it.
They should totally animate chapter 16.5.
Deftera Mirage wrote...

I doubt Aniplex has the balls to pull such a stunt.

Huh, even sex has mechanics in this game. But there was no anal >_>...
Kaimax Best Master-San
so for those of you who care enough to read the reason why i find it's a plothole,please explain to me am i right or is it just my overthinking and do give me a reason or two.

It's not a plothole if they filled the hole later. You're just over thinking stuff.
It's pretty much like the other user said.
It's not explained, but we can assume that when your HP is very low, your avatar is weak that body parts can be severed.

And remember these are just avatars, digital avatars, of course it can be restored back.

Even the manga depicts Kirito's arm getting severed and healed later on.
Episode 10.
Spoiler:
Much awesomeness, much sweetness. Kirito's fight with Guild Leader Dude was pretty boss...even if Kirito did lose. Honestly didn't expect him to lose. And, big shocker, Bodyguard Boy was still pissed. Asuna sweeping in and slicing him up was awesome...even if she did wimp out on killing him, and Kirito had to finish the job. On the sweetness note, those two are good together. Not surprised he finally decided to do the marriage thing with her.

Good episode. And on a secondary note
Spoiler:
Underwear Asuna...yummy.
Kaimax wrote...

It's not a plothole if they filled the hole later. You're just over thinking stuff.
It's pretty much like the other user said.
It's not explained, but we can assume that when your HP is very low, your avatar is weak that body parts can be severed.

And remember these are just avatars, digital avatars, of course it can be restored back.

Even the manga depicts Kirito's arm getting severed and healed later on.

if you put it that way,i guess i can understand that better.
i guess it's just my opinion but if the anime can squeeze some scene where it can show how his hands actually got healed,i might not gonna criticize about that scene that much.lol.

i didn't read the LN nor the manga so to other persons who only follows the anime,it might gonna bug them.
Deftera Mirage wrote...

I totally agree.

I', luvin your dollhouse sig btw.

ep.10

This ep was full of awesomeness....Asuna is just adorable.
Buff_Daddy_Dizzle The True Buff Bizzle
There were some pretty intense moments in this weeks episode.....along with enough vanilla to put me into a sugar induced coma for a week.

Just in time for the next episode :)
Episode 10
Spoiler:
Oh my jeebus, I enjoyed this episode. The dual battle between Kirito and the Guild Leader, Heathcliff, was pretty amazing.

After Kuradeel says he wants Kirito forgiveness, I knew I couldn't trust him, I had a feeling he was plotting something(and was kinda a dead give away by looking at him)then turns into aorange/red player.
So sad how that one guy had to die by him (He looked like he would of been a good character to hang with Kirito) then Asuna saving Kirito was the best part.
But I yelled out "FUCKING YEEEEEEEEEEES!" seeing Kirito kissing Asuna (Which was so cute)
then the proposal...oh, it just got better.
(Also, Did anyone made a joke about Asuna being naked in bed? I totally though this in my mind; Bao chika wow wow, Kirito!)