[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

Kirito's Lv 92 stats transferred over to ALO. You have a guy that uses the 'illusion' spell that is determined by the user's stats and you get a broken ass character.
There is a penalty for dying. Lost of EXP and what not. I myself would avoid losing EXP as much as possible when playing MMOs.
BloodyWind wrote...

There is a penalty for dying. Lost of EXP and what not. I myself would avoid losing EXP as much as possible when playing MMOs.

in this case though, if your character is beyond current lvl parameter strength, i don't think EXP loss is an issue =/
Lurker3173 wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...

in this case though, if your character is beyond current lvl parameter strength, i don't think EXP loss is an issue =/

In Kirito's case, yes. If youre thinking of the part when he refused to give up and allow himself and Lyfa to die. It is just not the fact that time is essential to saving Asuna, but do remember that Kirito lived in SAO for two years where death is real. His ideals stayed the same, abandoning his friends is not an option.
darthgags wrote...
It seems horribly unbalanced Suguha said that illusion wasn't that useful in combat but Kirito used it and proceeded to take on a transformation and decimate foes he couldn't touch before im pretty sure thats not how illusion works.

They explain it pretty clearly in the novels. A short excerpt.

Spoiler:
The spell Kirito is casting is an illusion magic that makes a player look like a monster. But the magic is not useful in actual combat. Because the shape depends randomly on the player's combat skills, usually the result is some weak monster, with no change in stats, since most people are aware of this it won't frighten them.

So yea, a boss
Loki1321 wrote...
darthgags wrote...
It seems horribly unbalanced Suguha said that illusion wasn't that useful in combat but Kirito used it and proceeded to take on a transformation and decimate foes he couldn't touch before im pretty sure thats not how illusion works.

Spoiler:
The spell Kirito is casting is an illusion magic that makes a player look like a monster. But the magic is not useful in actual combat. Because the shape depends randomly on the player's combat skills, usually the result is some weak monster, with no change in stats, since most people are aware of this it won't frighten them.

So yea, a boss

Yes, because not everyone who uses it has stats like Kirito. Said illusion spell depends on a player's stats.
BloodyWind wrote...
Loki1321 wrote...
darthgags wrote...

Spoiler:

So yea, a boss

Yes, because not everyone who uses it has stats like Kirito. Said illusion spell depends on a player's stats.

Want to ask something a bit: the impression I got when I read the novel is that the monster is pure illusion while Kirito is the one doing the attacking, and the shape is so scary because of Kirito's high combat skill. Then again, in the anime it's like it's no illusion skill, more like morphing skill. Me is confused.
castor212 wrote...
Want to ask something a bit: the impression I got when I read the novel is that the monster is pure illusion while Kirito is the one doing the attacking, and the shape is so scary because of Kirito's high combat skill. Then again, in the anime it's like it's no illusion skill, more like morphing skill. Me is confused.

I took it as Kirito's stats are so op that his illusion actually affects reality, or virtual reality as it would be. He does have ridiculous stats: 1-H Swords: 1000, Unarmed skills: 991, Fishing: 643.
Episode 20
Spoiler:
Kirito's double-blade skills are back, I guess it's fair since the general has an OP sword. There are some fan-service in this episode, Leafa's falling for Kirito, though he sees her more of a guy (that line sounded familiar). And Asuna is free, though not sure for how long. The next episode is probably going to be where the journey to the top of the World Tree begins, and the truth of Alfheim Online will probably be revealed. Looking forward to it.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Why doesn't Kirito use dual wielding all the time?
Tsujoi wrote...

Well, in SAO its obvious that Kirito does not want to stand out too much. Having that unique skill really increased his fame exponentially, especially since he basically 1 maned a raid boss, and then dueled Heathcliff.

ALO has no dual wielding skill. He is using his own skill and memory to re-preform the moves (hard to do and makes a lot of mental stress). There are also no sword skills. So Kirito is manually inputting the combos essentially. They do not explain it fully until vol. 7, but the amount of speed and skill needed to just do an +8 hit combo means that really only a few players can even do things like this. Doing something like star-burst stream which is 16 hits, is considered impossible. He used vertical square, which is only 4 hits, to win. Vertical square is like I'm doing a hadouken and there is no input for it in the game.

Spoiler:
Later in the novels, ALO introduces sword skills and the ability to make your own. Kirito can still only do a 12-14 hit combo (he only has to do it once), which is basically god like and only possible because he is using nerve gear (stronger than the AmuSphere) and he has so much exposure to fulldive tech.
Tsujoi wrote...

Doesn't want to show off, I guess. Remember in the previous season he said it was for dire situations only.

I'm late... well it was a good ep anyway.
Episode 20
Spoiler:
I love the fights in this show, so intense. Happy Asuna finally used that code to get out, cant wait for them to finally reunite!
Episode 20
Spoiler:
I really liked how they did the fight scene. It looked sharp and was very intense. Kirito also added another two women to his harem. I laughed at the unnecessary skirt flip when Kirito took Leafa's sword.
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1255038-ZF7YNKU.png
Good episode in my opinion. SAO better get a second season because I don't want it to end in just a few episodes.
Spoiler:
Awesome aerial fight scene, only weirded out by how small Eugene's sword is for a 2-handed sword lulz. Otherwise, plenty of fanservice again (wow Sakuya), Leafa falling more for Kirito and headed for an even more painful heartbreak, and most importantly, ASUNA'S FREE AT LAST.

Really looking forward to some Sakuya doujins
Spoiler:
Kirito is about raping prideful, arrogant highly leveled/equipped characters with a noobish char but damn skilled.

i love their faces when they realize what hit them
What's with the shaking boobs and ass
KIRITO!!! You Awesum Bastard!!! [REFERENCE; Episode 20]
in ep 20 i kinda loled a little.. i mean, kirito's buying time at least so someone can call for backup but... eh, kirito total pwnage looks good and im happy about the ep
Sakuya's anime version was kinda a let-down for me, kinda less elegant-looking and bigger boobs than i thought. :p
lordsparda09 wrote...
Sakuya's anime version was kinda a let-down for me, kinda less elegant-looking and bigger boobs than i thought. :p

If your complaining about boobs why don't you talk about Lefa's transforming titties. Besides, Sakuya barely looks any different from the light novel.