[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

Speaking of the novel, just finished vol. 4 of the ALO arc. Ending's gonna be so damn awesome, cannot wait.
archreaper990 wrote...
Speaking of the novel, just finished vol. 4 of the ALO arc. Ending's gonna be so damn awesome, cannot wait.

If you keep reading you will get into what many consider the weakest part of the series for good reasons. Reasons I will not discuss since they are spoilers. Its not bad, but it is just not as good as the others. Author also apologizes for making more female characters in the next part of the story.
Loki1321 wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...

If you keep reading you will get into what many consider the weakest part of the series for good reasons. Reasons I will not discuss since they are spoilers. Its not bad, but it is just not as good as the others. Author also apologizes for making more female characters in the next part of the story.

need more Klein....why no Klein...he's definitely a badass for surviving to the end of SAO with no casualties in his guild.
Loki1321 wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...

Does it get any better, or is it all downhill after ALO?
archreaper990 wrote...

I does get a lot better. The next arc is the Gun Gale Online arc. Guns are not as cool as swords. There were parts were I just skipped paragraphs because it was so repetitive. There is a volume just for Asuna after that, more side stories, and then the current arc which is really good. Kikuoka and his identity are major plot points in the current arc and he makes everything better.
Spoiler:
For people who do not know, Kikuoka Seijiro belongs "to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Technology, Second Separated Advanced Network Division, or, as it's called within the ministry, the Virtual Storage Management Sector of the Communication Network's Management Division; the «Virtual Division».
In other words, this man monitored the state of chaos in the new VR world." Of course this is just what Kirito has been told. Kikuoka is also the first person Kirito meets after he gets out of SAO.
Spoiler:
Pretty meh episode, cliffhanger ending just setting up for the next one. It's the beginning of the end. Also, for those who've read the novel, I'm kinda disappointed they skipped the whole Tonki part.
Episode 21
Spoiler:
Shoot...it already ended before it was about to get good. Aspiring artists might start drawing some fanarts of Asuna getting tentacle-raped, or even a doujin about it. And Suguha is going to get her heart broken twice, from the same person. It was kind of a disappointment at one moment where Asuna took her time to press the log out button. Looking forward to see how the next episode will turn out to be.
Ep.21

part 1
Spoiler:

So the anime decided to skip the huge underworld chapter and went straight to the world tree chapter. Which is disappointing since it was sorta of a tear jerker for me.
Tonkii, the bad ass friendly monster will live on in the hearts of the light novel readers. So much for waiting for the giant monster fight scene in the alo arc.
Forum Image: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/thumb/8/81/Sword_Art_Online_4_-_061.jpg/414px-Sword_Art_Online_4_-_061.jpg
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Underworld

part 2

Spoiler:

So Asuna finally escapes her cage only to experience tentacle rape.
The center of ALO looks like a typical mmo starting point.
Now we're reaching the end!

Forum Image: http://meotwister5.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/twgok-3-4.jpg
Episode 21

Spoiler:
My own personal love story makes me feel for Sugu. Though not entirely similar, but I can understand what it feels like to love a person, and yet know that it's not meant to be. It can devastate a person, and it'll be even more devastating that 'Kirito', her only source of comfort in reality is her older brother.

Now then, Kirito, go kick Oberton's gay pedo ass

Eps 21
Spoiler:
Dafuq, where the hell's Jotunheimr? Where the hell's Tonkii!? And most importantly. where the hell's Excaliber!!? How are you going to go with kicking Sugou's ass!!?
Kaimax Best Master-San
castor212 wrote...
Eps 21
Spoiler:
Dafuq, where the hell's Jotunheimr? Where the hell's Tonkii!? And most importantly. where the hell's Excaliber!!? How are you going to go with kicking Sugou's ass!!?

All those are mostly irrelevant (honestly it's just a filler) to the "main plot", and they decided to cut it, which is IMO a good decision, since we only have 4 episodes left. I rather have this cut than the epilogue.

If they still plan to use "this" they can make an OVA out of it or maybe insert it in season 2.

Spoiler:
I don't know if they're going to use Excaliber now or later. Most probably not though, since at the end it was Sugou who used that sword, and any random sword will suffice and Kirito kicked his ass with only his Great Sword.
And Suddenly generating Excaliber isn't that farfetched either since it was Sugou who tried first, we might imply that Kirito is just copying his command.
Kaimax wrote...
castor212 wrote...
Eps 21
Spoiler:

All those are mostly irrelevant (honestly it's just a filler) to the "main plot", and they decided to cut it, which is IMO a good decision, since we only have 4 episodes left. I rather have this cut than the epilogue.

If they still plan to use "this" they can make an OVA out of it or maybe insert it in season 2.

Spoiler:
I don't know if they're going to use Excaliber now or later. Most probably not though, since at the end it was Sugou who used that sword, and any random sword will suffice and Kirito kicked his ass with only his Great Sword.
And Suddenly generating Excaliber isn't that farfetched either since it was Sugou who tried first, we might imply that Kirito is just copying his command.

I supposed that's true. Well, I'm just disappointed since I was really curious how the studio plan on fusing jellyfish and elephant.

At least it's not a too 'meh' episode, we got a good look upon Suguha's feeling.
Kaimax Best Master-San
castor212 wrote...

I supposed that's true. Well, I'm just disappointed since I was really curious how the studio plan on fusing jellyfish and elephant.

At least it's not a too 'meh' episode, we got a good look upon Suguha's feeling.

Lol, you should see the fanboys reaction in MAL, for just cutting that part.
Kaimax wrote...
castor212 wrote...

Lol, you should see the fanboys reaction in MAL, for just cutting that part.

Read it. Oook, I dont know whether to laugh or get angry.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
Kaimax wrote...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Frankly, just a brief description of it when it is summoned at the end would suffice, since Excaliber isn't all that important, he gets it and he barely even uses it. Though...I wanted Tonkii :<
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
archreaper990 wrote...

No fucking way, especially from volume 7. My tears were equivelant to flooding the whole world due to that volume 7. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

OT:

About episode...
Spoiler:
They go to underworld before getting to that city, right? Or are my memories too messy now and I forgot how everything happens serially?

Or is anime skipping it for OVA stuff?

Either way, can't wait for the next, because of all the dramatics about to unfold. Hurr durr.
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Spoiler:
They go to underworld before getting to that city, right? Or are my memories too messy now and I forgot how everything happens serially?

Either way, can't wait for the next, because of all the dramatics about to unfold. Hurr durr.

Spoiler:
They skipped it and its kind of hard to make an ova that makes sense. In the anime, they never met tonkii which is the only way to get to Excalibur, and they don't even know its there because they did not see it on the way out. They have no reason whatsoever to go into the underworld. So they could do an ova, but it would make no sense.
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Loki1321 wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They skipped it and its kind of hard to make an ova that makes sense. In the anime, they never met tonkii which is the only way to get to Excalibur, and they don't even know its there because they did not see it on the way out. They have no reason whatsoever to go into the underworld. So they could do an ova, but it would make no sense.

Spoiler:
... What? They see the shining light of the Excalibur. I think I read that right before they exited the underground dungeon with Tonkii.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Loki1321 wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
... What? They see the shining light of the Excalibur. I think I read that right before they exited the underground dungeon with Tonkii.

Spoiler:
They saw it in the LN, not in the anime. In the 'anime' timeline, Jotunheimr never happened.
raichama wrote...
Spoiler:
They saw it in the LN, not in the anime. In the 'anime' timeline, Jotunheimr never happened.

This