[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Ammy wrote...
Gahald_Mills wrote...
episode 22

Spoiler:
I can't help but laugh at this episode. Call me heartless but it's just hilarious to see her loving her own "Brother".

No Wincest, but still! I'm enjoying the episode.

Well, technically they're cousins.

Spoiler:
That and... love holds no boundaries?

That aside, gotta love all that action.
Spoiler:
This episode made me wonder about how the author wrote the battle scenes in the LN. It was great.

Also, feels for Sugu.
More detailed, it also shows the narrator's thoughts.
fuwaruu wrote...
Spoiler:
This episode made me wonder about how the author wrote the battle scenes in the LN. It was great.

Also, feels for Sugu.

Spoiler:
The battle scenes from the light novels are very similar to the anime for almost every fight. The stuff that happens in the fights are just not explained very well in the anime, or really at all. Ex: Kirito used vertical square to beat the salamander general guy. Not explained at all and I honestly do not remember seeing the skill being used. I may be wrong. I don't have godlike vision, so yeah.

On the topic of Suguha, incest is not wincest.

Also, duel with Heathcliff was more epic in ln.

Edit: Sorry I mean to say the duel to the death with Kayaba. Kirito doesn't really lose his shit when Asuna dies. Just rages a lot. And he hits Kayaba as he fades away and they made it look like he un-materialized and then re-materialized in the anime. It felt really weird watching it. Could just be a different way of seeing the same thing though.
Loki1321 wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...
Spoiler:

Also, feels for Sugu.

Spoiler:
The battle scenes from the light novels are very similar to the anime for almost every fight. The stuff that happens in the fights are just not explained very well in the anime, or really at all. Ex: Kirito used vertical square to beat the salamander general guy. Not explained at all and I honestly do not remember seeing the skill being used. I may be wrong. I don't have godlike vision, so yeah.

On the topic of Suguha, incest is not wincest.

Also, duel with Heathcliff was more epic in ln.

I see. Thanks. I may read the novels after the series is over.
fuwaruu wrote...

3 more episodes. My Saturday nights will never be the same again.
archreaper990 wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

Unless they make a second season.
Ammy wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

Spoiler:
Yeah... I don't know about that. They can do GGO and Asuna's story, but I'm not sure if that's the best choice. Asuna's story has a very different feel when compared to the "usual" story. Its more of a drama and/or slice of life than anything else(and some ALO). Sure it is really good, but it does not really match the "image" of the anime. Really touchy feely, but SAO's audience is more seinen. And Kirito does not appear very much at all in Asuna's story, at least when compared to the current plot. He is more of a side character than anything. So it is very hard to market the anime to the current audience. Also, Asuna's story really sets up Alicization, which is the part of the story after Asuna's story (obviously), and is kind of needed to understand exactly what is happening. So I would expect a ton of OVAs of all of the side stories before a second season. But hey, what do I know?
Loki1321 wrote...
Ammy wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...
fuwaruu wrote...

Spoiler:
Yeah... I don't know about that. They can do GGO and Asuna's story, but I'm not sure if that's the best choice. Asuna's story has a very different feel when compared to the "usual" story. Its more of a drama and/or slice of life than anything else(and some ALO). Sure it is really good, but it does not really match the "image" of the anime. Really touchy feely, but SAO's audience is more seinen. And Kirito does not appear very much at all in Asuna's story, at least when compared to the current plot. He is more of a side character than anything. So it is very hard to market the anime to the current audience. Also, Asuna's story really sets up Alicization, which is the part of the story after Asuna's story (obviously), and is kind of needed to understand exactly what is happening. So I would expect a ton of OVAs of all of the side stories before a second season. But hey, what do I know?

You're probably right about the OVAs imo. I'm still reading GGO, and it only has 16 chapters. Season 1 had SAO and ALO, 34 chapters not including the side stories. So if they do make a season 2, it would probably be GGO and maybe some filler episodes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TPpq2HRx98&list=LLd8mXcf5E68sa3_5P_9OKlw&feature=mh_lolz

who agrees?
Holy Fuck! That was sweet.
Episode 23
Spoiler:
I felt that something was off during the beginning of the episode, then the action made me forgot what it was. The fight was decent, though the part where he combined the blades together to form a meteor-like attack seems tacky. So he has already entered the castle, even though the admins locked it. The end's about to begin from here onward. Looking forward to the next episode.
Odamust wrote...
Episode 23
Spoiler:
I felt that something was off during the beginning of the episode, then the action made me forgot what it was. The fight was decent, though the part where he combined the blades together to form a meteor-like attack seems tacky. So he has already entered the castle, even though the admins locked it. The end's about to begin from here onward. Looking forward to the next episode.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I felt something like that too. But then the frickin' dragons appeared and made everything a whole lot better. Time for the final boss fight, gonna be sweeeet.
ep.23

Spoiler:
The lack of internal dialogue made the love conflict between Sugu and Kirito feel forced, but then again the anime lacks a shitload of internal dialogue compared to the LN.

Kirito makes up with Sugu. Best part of this episode was the army of cat sith dragoon and Slyph coming to aid Kirito.

LN reference:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online:Volume_4_Chapter_8
Episode 23

Spoiler:
Too OP. Kirito is too OP.
Spoiler:
So Kirito's awesome, Sugu makes up with him and the game be trolling. I can't wait till Kirito fucks his ass up. To force a woman against her will, trap her in a virtual game and go on a mind control power grab. Dude needs to get owned.
Spoiler:
Recon killed himself for nothing lolololol
Eps 23
Spoiler:
What the heck, they practically screaming "NO BUDGET!!!!" here, oi!!
castor212 wrote...

Eps 23
Spoiler:
What the heck, they practically screaming "NO BUDGET!!!!" here, oi!!

Spoiler:
You forgot to add "We're running out of episodes, so we'll just asspull a shortcut here!!" Seriously, I was expecting to at least see the part where he dual-wields his way through that mess like a madman...
I forgot to mention

Spoiler:
Sakuya is so damn hot.
Forum Image: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sao-23-060.gif