[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

Ep 21
Spoiler:
Dat ASSuna tentacle rape. Time to go browse Ex.....

Good episode btw. It's a shame about Tonki getting left out but maybe they'll do that part in an OVA. The next episode is set up nicely now.
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...
Does it get any better, or is it all downhill after ALO?

No fucking way, especially from volume 7. My tears were equivelant to flooding the whole world due to that volume 7. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

OT:

About episode...
Spoiler:
They go to underworld before getting to that city, right? Or are my memories too messy now and I forgot how everything happens serially?

Or is anime skipping it for OVA stuff?

Either way, can't wait for the next, because of all the dramatics about to unfold. Hurr durr.

Volume 7 was just one huge build up to a massive tear jerker.

Personally I though the whole Underworld plotline was kinda stupid and unnecessary. Befriending a monster and stuff like that were unnecessary fleches in the cliche storm.

I wonder why SAO skipped the underworld arc and did the whole episode 2-8 unnecessary sidestories. Had they not done those sidestories, the story would have a much better flow and by extending the show for another 3-4 episodes we could possibly fit phantom bullet in there.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
Sprite wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...

No fucking way, especially from volume 7. My tears were equivelant to flooding the whole world due to that volume 7. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

OT:

About episode...
Spoiler:
They go to underworld before getting to that city, right? Or are my memories too messy now and I forgot how everything happens serially?

Either way, can't wait for the next, because of all the dramatics about to unfold. Hurr durr.

Spoiler:

Personally I though the whole Underworld plotline was kinda stupid and unnecessary. Befriending a monster and stuff like that were unnecessary fleches in the cliche storm.

I wonder why SAO skipped the underworld arc and did the whole episode 2-8 unnecessary sidestories. Had they not done those sidestories, the story would have a much better flow and by extending the show for another 3-4 episodes we could possibly fit phantom bullet in there.

Spoiler:
Yeah the exclusion of Jotunheimr is a shame (underworld sounds confusing as it conflicts with "The Underworld"). But I don't think 3-4 episodes would have done justice to Phantom Bullet.
Sprite wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...

OT:

About episode...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The side stories is important for character relationship development. While Jotunheimr arc is more of a 'plus' story.

And I'd be really mad at A-1 if they put Phantom Bullet in just 3-4 episodes^^. It's a blasphemy!!
castor212 wrote...
Sprite wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
archreaper990 wrote...

OT:

About episode...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The side stories is important for character relationship development. While Jotunheimr arc is more of a 'plus' story.

And I'd be really mad at A-1 if they put Phantom Bullet in just 3-4 episodes^^. It's a blasphemy!!

I'm saying they can put Phantom Bullet in like 10 episodes... but then again Phantom Bullet does have a lot more action than Aincrad or Fairy Dance.
Kaimax wrote...
castor212 wrote...
Eps 21
Spoiler:
Dafuq, where the hell's Jotunheimr? Where the hell's Tonkii!? And most importantly. where the hell's Excaliber!!? How are you going to go with kicking Sugou's ass!!?

All those are mostly irrelevant (honestly it's just a filler) to the "main plot", and they decided to cut it, which is IMO a good decision, since we only have 4 episodes left. I rather have this cut than the epilogue.

If they still plan to use "this" they can make an OVA out of it or maybe insert it in season 2.

Spoiler:
I don't know if they're going to use Excaliber now or later. Most probably not though, since at the end it was Sugou who used that sword, and any random sword will suffice and Kirito kicked his ass with only his Great Sword.
And Suddenly generating Excaliber isn't that farfetched either since it was Sugou who tried first, we might imply that Kirito is just copying his command.

Spoiler:

I have a feeling that the anime will give a 10 min memory lapse of what happened in underworld right before Kirito pulls out excaliber. I don't know if Gun Gale will fit into this season. A third season would be nice or OVA.

Beautiful MAD of Kirito X Asuna
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 22
Spoiler:

That scene when Asuna heard Yui's voice stirred some of my emotions. Kirito finally enters the tower and pulls the good ol' LEEERRROOOY JENKINS and dies midway towards the top. Sugu finally realizes who Kirito is after she revives him. I guess in Japan 1st cousins are okay to date.
Spoiler:
Sugu finally gets her heart broken, twice. Those flashbacks of Asuna were really nice too. And hoshit that image at the end, Accel World & SAO crossover. Just nice 3 more episodes to rescue Asuna, kill Oberon, and plant the World Seed. Can't wait for next week's episode, Dragon Knights and the reunion.
Episode 22
Spoiler:
Well, it was sad that Suguha's heart got broken again. Kirito had gone way too crazy about Asuna the moment the episode started. The fight scene was decent though. But damn, the whole dome is filled with sword and archer wielding guardians. That scene where the rain of arrows are coming towards him, it was like 300 all over again. I wonder how will Kirito save Asuna now. Today's episode is good, looking forward to the next one.
Episode 22

Spoiler:
I do feel for Sugu. I kind of feel like she was a bit ignorant though. You know this player wants to go up to the World Tree for some reason, the player didn't give you a reason(signifying it was important, at least enough to keep secret.) And you know that Asuna is trapped inside SAO. Nothing definite, but enough to put 2+2 together to at least ask 'Kirito' a few more questions. The Fight scene was decent, what made it good though was it humanized Kirito's character a little bit and it made him realize: "Yeah, I'm badass but I ain't no God-Modder." Because that's what it'll take to get past that 'challenge', In most MMORPG's, I don't think a party of 5 would suffice for the hypothetical arrows, the swords and what appeared to be even higher level warriors at the end of the challenge. What's a real shame is that it'll end in 3 episodes? Bull, it needs to end in 10. Cliche story goes: You get owned at boss fight, hero wanders and gets some item(Excaliber) then he goes back and Trollstomps said boss to win the day.
You guys are reading too much into this.
BloodyWind wrote...

It's an ANIME We're supposed to read too much into it.
BloodyWind wrote...

Yeah, probably true. I've read all the translated volumes of the Light Novel at least 7 times each, probably more than 10 for volumes 1,3 and 4. What can I say though? The Baka-Tsuki app for Android is amazing for killing time on the bus or train.
Spoiler:
Kirito goes rage mode against those knights and Suguha finally learns the truth. I feel bad for Suguha. If only I could travel to anime land and show her the way of my penis.
Spoiler:
Well... it finally happened. Poor Sugu. I can't believe theres only 3 episodes left... its gonna be sad when i dont have a new episode of SAO to look forward to every saturday.
Zaff wrote...
Spoiler:
Well... it finally happened. Poor Sugu. I can't believe theres only 3 episodes left... its gonna be sad when i dont have a new episode of SAO to look forward to every saturday.

This is unrelated but I laugh every time I see Suou get back-handed in this gif.
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1230695-Z4S49RO.gif
Ammy wrote...
Zaff wrote...
Spoiler:

This is unrelated but I laugh every time I see Suou get back-handed in this gif.
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1230695-Z4S49RO.gif

Inorite. I had the gif saved way before i even watched Darker than Black cause i thought it was hilarious, watching Darker than Black made it even funnier.
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Oh dear, it finally happened. I really liked this episode a lot.
BloodyWind wrote...

I dont know why but I laughed when I read this.

Eps 22:
Spoiler:
AAaand it happened. Ouch. Major ouchie for Sugu.
episode 22

Spoiler:
I can't help but laugh at this episode. Call me heartless but it's just hilarious to see her loving her own "Brother".

No Wincest, but still! I'm enjoying the episode.
Gahald_Mills wrote...
episode 22

Spoiler:
I can't help but laugh at this episode. Call me heartless but it's just hilarious to see her loving her own "Brother".

No Wincest, but still! I'm enjoying the episode.

Well, technically they're cousins.