What is your favorite old school gaming console?

What is your favorite old school gaming console?

Total Votes : 3,494
Come On .GAME BOY . anyone here a fan of POKEMON!?
nothing gives you feels like pokemon.
you literally live, breath and kill with your bros.
Playstation 1 for me. I'm only 20 years old so kinda young when it comes to older consoles, but I had good memories.
Wild Arms 2, Legend of Dragoon (so underrated), Eternal Eyes, and Final Fantasy Tactics etc. You gonna love the PS1.
I live for the Dreamcast and Saturn.To this day still my favorite consoles
Supah Nintendo: I had it, I loved It, I have it still, yet it doens't work properly anymore D:
SNES oh how do I miss you epic sqareenix rpgs TT
Damn right PS!!
I would choose multiple consoles, but I chose Sega Genesis because that's what Sonic was on and I have fond memories of playing it.
mine, sadly, didnt seem to make the list... Sega Gamegear all the way. Sure it ate AA batteries like there was no tomorrow, but it was the first back-lit handheld, and by god that cathode ray tube needed power. Also, it was Sega's answer to the original Gameboy, which means it was back-lit before it was co- who am I kidding, it was always cool.
Sad to see there is no Commodore 64 here. I then have to go with PS1. Air Combat (Ace combat before they changed it to a stupid name) Was THE best fighter jet game ever made.

Runner ups: Gameboy and SNES
Super Nintendo.

Also, since when has the PS1 and Dreamcast been considered "old school" anyway? If you include those, the least you could do is add the N64 too.
Super Nintendo. The Mana series is what got me into RPG's.
It's all about super mario world. nuff said.
The NES had the best Co-Op game. Contra all up in this motherfucker. Also, MegaMan 5.
The Gameboy <3 Good old times.
In Nintendo 64 we trust! Best console best games! xD besides I was a bit too young for super nintendo but I still respect the legends!
Lommi wrote...
Dreamcast, Jet Set Radio. Oh memories...

dat game man. Dreamcast, super nintendo and fucking psone!
SNES.

The original Nintendo was just before my time.
Grahhh! No fair!! If I have to choose one it's the SNES, but I'd also pick Gameboy and PS1 because of all the great games for them. I know that the PS1 has FFVII, but the SNES was my first console and I do love it so.
Virtual Boy was The system back in the day. Ah, the headaches it gave me.

Seriously, no love for the PC or the Sega Saturn?

The Sega Saturn gave me Dragon Force, Panzer Dragoon, and a whole lot of import fighting goodness (xmen vs streetfighter, darkstalker series, etc.). And I was somehow sucked into the space sim genre of the PC which had the Wing Commander series, X-wing series, and FreeSpace series.