What is your favorite old school gaming console?

What is your favorite old school gaming console?

Total Votes : 3,494
i had a hard time to decide Dx
Besides PC games my dad gave me a Sony Playstation to get me off of playing with toys. "Toys are for kids my son" or something like that.

Of course we upgraded to model kits anyways, which we still played with. But to the point, Playstation has and always will be my console of choice even though I love all systems for the pros and cons.
grassoneotaku wrote...

Wachenroder, Baroque, Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers, Grandia, Lunar, Dark Savior, Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Silhoutte Mirage, Burning Rangers, Exhumed (Powerslave), Duke Nukem 3D, Virtua Cop 2, The House of the Dead, Nights into Dreams, Panzer Dragoon, Akumajou Dracula X Gekka no Yasoukyoku, Assault Suit Leynos, Policenauts, EVE, Princess Crown, Radiant Silvergun, Shining the Holy Ark, Snatcher, etc, so much good games. : )

You know what's up.

+1

Dragon Force on Saturn.Great game.
Crash "fucking" Bandicoot.
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!1!!
It has to be the Sega Genesis, because it was all about sonic and those rings. lol
I have played most of them so I have a hard time choosing.But the first one that was actually mine was a gameboy advance without the back light or book light.So I choose gameboy because I have lots of good memories with it like Gunstar super heroes and Pokemon red the original.
I have to say snes nya. It had the first game I put real time into after the first Final Fantasy nya. On top of the first real save games (so nice not to have to remember passwords nya)
Dreamcast will always have a special place in my heart, as will the Sega Game Gear (1st gaming device I ever owned), but the PSX (aka PS1) must take the win. It was the first console I ever owned and I loved every second of it, from Jimmy Johnson Pro Football to Final Fantasy VIII. Even now, my favorite gaming devices are always Sony ones.
It was a hard choice between the Gameboy, Sega Genisis, and Sega Game Gear.
But the GameBoy won out, that thing was a beast. It survived several months on the USS Carl Vincent while my uncle was out to sea, when my parents went to pick him up at port he let me play mario on the way home and I was hooked. He gave it to me and I had that thing until the screen died about a decade later. I saw the GB pocket, color and advance series come and go in that time. I was lucky enough that a few weeks later I was playing one of those game machines in the mall and won a new GameBoy Advance SP, best $3 I ever spent lol
I have a DSi now, but I still think that giagantic GameBoy was probably the best console ever :3
I protest the lack of Commodore 64 on this list.
I am protesting the lack of the Turbo Graphics 16 Super System in this list. Better graphics than Nintendo/SNES :p
i guess im one of the very few that enjoyed sonic the hedge hog on the genesis 1st game i ever played
I don't feel like there is an option other than Game Boy (for me...just to clarify). I look back and see days of my time gone - sunk into Pokemon Blue.
The fact that the Dreamcast is there, but the Sega Saturn isn't saddens me. :c
I love Game boy. Still playing it sometime when have not thing to do.
Oh Shenmue on my white Dreamcast I love you deeply. That Sakuragaoka music. I love it. Oh memories. :D
... Why the fudge do you have 2 consoles from the 64-bit era but you haven't completed that with the Nintendo 64? Anyway, seeing as there is no N64 there, SNES all the way (or Super Nintendo, if you didn't understand).
Super Mario World... Duh!
lelouchsama wrote...
SNES and GBC.

>PS1
>Old school
yeah, no pal, but whatever ...

Let's list the consoles that came out after the Playstation (1994).
Sega: Saturn and Dreamcast
Nintendo: Gameboy Pocket and Color, N64
As a matter of fact, Gameboy color is closer to the PS2 than the PS1. Just because Sony has been in the lead on console gaming platforms since their debut, that doesn't make the original any less "old school" than its contemporaries. It just makes them ahead of their time.
GameBoy Advance SP!!! Dat built in light, revolutionized gaming while hiding under the blanket pretending to be asleep lol