World of Tanks

Callonia wrote...
Rovencrone wrote...
Gun rammer, vents, and BiA that thing and machinegun everyone. Tanks like the matilda and the type t-34 are good fun.

@Callonia you dirty scumbag with your pubstomping =P Good thing you don't have a Pz Ausf J

I'm buying pz2ausfJ the minute it's available for usa at reasonable price that is.

If that thing was ever put on sale it would completely break tiers 1,2 and 3.
Finally unlocked everything on the T25/2, now begins the grueling grind for the T28 Prototype.

This tank is weird, 70% of the time its performance is average at best (I guess I won't see the Prototype for two more weeks, give or take), then sometimes it wakes up and does stuff like bouncing KV-1S/IS derpguns. What the heck.
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
pihip wrote...
Finally unlocked everything on the T25/2, now begins the grueling grind for the T28 Prototype.

This tank is weird, 70% of the time its performance is average at best (I guess I won't see the Prototype for two more weeks, give or take), then sometimes it wakes up and does stuff like bouncing KV-1S/IS derpguns. What the heck.

You angled your armor but didnt notice.

Or enemy is just shit players
sakabato24 World Warrior
I recently started this game about 3 months ago. I have only up to tier 5s though (M4 and Pz.IV). I'm going for the Porche Pz. and trying to work myself up to at least the Maus.

I enjoy this game a lot, but I think I need to start learning how to position my tank to get dings. I play on the NA West server, so if anyone else plays on that server, I would like to play this game with someone else.
sakabato24 wrote...
I recently started this game about 3 months ago. I have only up to tier 5s though (M4 and Pz.IV). I'm going for the Porche Pz. and trying to work myself up to at least the Maus.

I enjoy this game a lot, but I think I need to start learning how to position my tank to get dings. I play on the NA West server, so if anyone else plays on that server, I would like to play this game with someone else.

I'm up for platooning in NA most of the time til the next semester starts. Also, with the Pz 4 and M4 angling is pretty useless, as both are known for their frail hulls. The Sherman E8 and VK 30.01 you'll see next are pretty bad armor wise too. If you really want to learn angling, get yourself a Kv-1 and progress up the T-150 route. They're masters of sidescraping.

also read this if not the entire article.
Data Zero wrote...

You angled your armor but didnt notice.

Or enemy is just shit players

Armor is tissue paper, RARELY the front upper plate bounces when angled, but only against ordinary guns. When they fire with derp and bounce, it's because they fire at the mantlet (and don't ask me how can it withstand 122mm shots).
Rovencrone wrote...
Callonia wrote...
Rovencrone wrote...
Gun rammer, vents, and BiA that thing and machinegun everyone. Tanks like the matilda and the type t-34 are good fun.

@Callonia you dirty scumbag with your pubstomping =P Good thing you don't have a Pz Ausf J

I'm buying pz2ausfJ the minute it's available for usa at reasonable price that is.

If that thing was ever put on sale it would completely break tiers 1,2 and 3.

Except for the fact that i actually checked PZ2j and found out that my pz38t can penetrate it frontally. It'll just troll 99.99% of the baddehs out there. Nothing else. And I love making baddehs cry.
You'd technically need to be firing apcr from the L/73 but you'd also have to question how many people at that tier would even consider bringing apcr. I suppose all the T18's running 75mm howitzers, tetrarchs, and the Ausf G can run through it with ease. Don't see what fun you can have at that tier though.
Well, it may only be +10 pen, but the new cannon on the T25/2 makes a difference when compared to the old (though I still can't pen a lot of targets, sadly).

Also, gotta love the pros: last match of the day, one dude calls me a noob because I couldn't pen a Type 59 who was asshugging my IS-6. That near, I simply can't depress the gun enough to pen the frontal plate (and it's so ridiculously sloped that a bounce is guaranteed), and the turret is 200 on the front. And in another match, a guy calls us all SOBs because he got killed, so of course it's the team's fault.

Good thing that you can report these douchebags.
I usually run my IS-6 29/5/1 because I'm confident in my shots with ap arounds, when it comes to strong turreted tanks engaging in a facehug with you though such as the t34 or type 59, it really comes down to outplaying them. The ideal way to get out is to juke the enemy to commit the opposite direction you go, resulting in you both circling at a distance with a chance for you to plant a shot into their side hull, or they commit to running away and you can shoot them in the ass. T34's have a chance of firing a penning shot straight through your turret though so it's quite dangerous if they aren't bad players.
I've rarely seen T34's facehugging (and most of the time, it ended badly for them), but anyway, the IS-6 is simply too lacking in mobility to keep up with a fast medium, in the engagement I mentioned it was the Type's win anyway, he could've just circled me to death (he didn't simply because I couldn't circle HIM, and the front of that tank is too much for 175 pen to do anything at close range). Also, you might've miscounted the shots, the IS-6 carries 30 shells at maximum.
Eh, I always carry 5 apcr and 1 he and the rest ap in it. Regardless, you can aim diagonal at their lead wheel and easily take a type's track out and land some nasty damage. A type doesn't have the mobility to circle an IS-6 unless it's tracked.
Rovencrone wrote...
You'd technically need to be firing apcr from the L/73 but you'd also have to question how many people at that tier would even consider bringing apcr. I suppose all the T18's running 75mm howitzers, tetrarchs, and the Ausf G can run through it with ease. Don't see what fun you can have at that tier though.

People that yolosuicide never carry apcr and just wants their team to carry them to higher tier. They are irrelevant in grand scheme of things.

Tanks that carry apcr rounds is the ones that have decided that they like this particular tank and want to spend some time on it or keeping it.

I got pz38t, t127, ltp, t1e6, m3 stuart and i'm keeping them, and they got apcr rounds. I think that's probably the only lowest tier tanks I got.
No idea how you find sealclubbing any fun.
Rovencrone wrote...

Not everyone takes enjoyment in that, but those who do.. Let them. It's not against the game rules or anything.

What are the thoughts of you guys on the Leopard 1? I just recently obtained mine and it has rocketed past my other tier 10 tanks on my personal XVM charts.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Is the StugIII any good? Played against quite a few of them, and they seem to do pretty decent.
W4lt3r89 wrote...
Rovencrone wrote...

Not everyone takes enjoyment in that, but those who do.. Let them. It's not against the game rules or anything.

What are the thoughts of you guys on the Leopard 1? I just recently obtained mine and it has rocketed past my other tier 10 tanks on my personal XVM charts.

Leo 1 seems like an even more mobile version of the FV4202, their view range and traverse are close, and same with their guns though the Leo 1's gun is slightly better in every aspect. Unlike the FV4202 however, that can abuse hills with its 196mm of turret armor, the leo1 will get penned anywhere when hit, even through the gun mantlet as seen here. Basically it's a mobile sniper and assassin. That gun is just amazing.

sakabato24 wrote...
Is the StugIII any good? Played against quite a few of them, and they seem to do pretty decent.

All tier 5 TD's when fully upgraded are great. Stug grind is pretty easy using the 105mm til you get the L70.
Rovencrone wrote...

Very easily, It's my form of vengeance against suicide cults that I get on my team.

Sealclubbing is only way I can get back at those teams that yolosuicide at start of match.

Not kidding, Maus, E100s they already dead and its only first 2 mins of the match.
sakabato24 wrote...

StugIII is awesome. I played it a lot and it's real fun. It is a good moneymaker too.
New event guys, alongside all the tier V TD bonuses, simply getting one Victory in the next 3 days will net you 3 free days of prem. Best mission yet I'd say.