World of Tanks

That said though, the T-34-3 has worse soft stats in terms of mobility. At tier 10 whether or not they're firing prem or ap at you it'll probably go through even your well defended turret armor. Mobility is your friend as a flanker so I can see why some would be opposed to this.
...well, apparently WG decided to be d*ckheads and increased the price of the T-34-3 to 11k gold, so I kindly say, f*ck you gentlemen. The IS-6 is serving me quite well these days (gotta love that bouncy armor), so I'll just keep that as my main premium tank and cash/exp farmer. In the meantime, I'm grinding through the German tech tree to get the Porsche Tiger (which I wanted since watching Girls und Panzer :3). Also, once that is accomplished, I would love to start the Soviet tank destroyers - the Objekt 704 is just too tempting a monster to pass up, though it'll take a lot of time to go up there (and to be honest, I don't really like neither the SU-152 nor the ISU-152, they're just ugly).
pihip wrote...
...well, apparently WG decided to be d*ckheads and increased the price of the T-34-3 to 11k gold, so I kindly say, f*ck you gentlemen. The IS-6 is serving me quite well these days (gotta love that bouncy armor), so I'll just keep that as my main premium tank and cash/exp farmer. In the meantime, I'm grinding through the German tech tree to get the Porsche Tiger (which I wanted since watching Girls und Panzer :3). Also, once that is accomplished, I would love to start the Soviet tank destroyers - the Objekt 704 is just too tempting a monster to pass up, though it'll take a lot of time to go up there (and to be honest, I don't really like neither the SU-152 nor the ISU-152, they're just ugly).

Tiger P is slower than Tiger H..
If you got it cuz it's fast in the anime, you'll be disappointed. :P
It's actually 5 km/h faster than the Henschel Tiger, but has worse power to weight ratio due to the less powerful engine, and being longer has less traverse speed. That said, it also has much better armor, and it mounts the same top gun with the same stats (the 88mm L71).

If it was like the one in the anime, it would also catch on fire just by moving by itself. :D
Yeah, the Porsche Tiger is 5 km/h faster than the Henschel on paper, but it rarely gets up to that speed.

That being said, It is still a beast of a tank, probably my favourite Tier VII in the game. That 88mm can punch holes the the turret of a tier IX M103.
pihip wrote...
Also, once that is accomplished, I would love to start the Soviet tank destroyers - the Objekt 704 is just too tempting a monster to pass up, though it'll take a lot of time to go up there (and to be honest, I don't really like neither the SU-152 nor the ISU-152, they're just ugly).

I have an Object 704 and basically it's a slightly improved ISU-152.
Keep in mind that the gun is almost the same (maybe on Obj the fire rate is a little better). Obj is a ISU with a better armour and some more hit points imo.

Anyway it's super fun to play, shootin' at enemies and causing 800 damage is just awesome and makes you feel the king of the battlefield.

pihip wrote...
In the meantime, I'm grinding through the German tech tree to get the Porsche Tiger (which I wanted since watching Girls und Panzer :3).

After russian heavy tanks and tank destroyers line, i will go for the Porsche Tiger for the same exact reason.
Jonny P. wrote...
Keep in mind that the gun is almost the same (maybe on Obj the fire rate is a little better). Obj is a ISU with a better armour and some more hit points imo.

Anyway it's super fun to play, shootin' at enemies and causing 800 damage is just awesome and makes you feel the king of the battlefield.

Since you went through the previous tanks as well, I'd like to ask: from the SU-152 onwards, is Camouflage still good to have as a crew skill? While the tanks up to the SU-100 are quite nimble and stealthy, from Tier 7 onwards they're basically heavy tanks converted into tank destroyers, and they're pretty huge.
I have this game, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet
Anyone heard of WOT Japan?
I only know that, apparently, there will be a server for Japanese gamers, and that they will add a Japanese tech tree (they already mentioned the Chi-Nu as a premium tank). Also, and again, apparently, to celebrate WoT Japan they'll introduce stuff from Girls und Panzer (what stuff, no one knows atm).
Seen commercials, never played it, send me a referral link and i will for sure play with you, if you promise to show me the ropes!
japman19 wrote...
Seen commercials, never played it, send me a referral link and i will for sure play with you, if you promise to show me the ropes!

The game doesn't have a "invite a friend" system in, which is kind of strange.
But I don't mind teaching new players on the game.
I'm on the US server with the account name "W4lt3r"
If you ¨happen to be playing and I'm on, I don't mind running lower tier tanks and teach you.
pihip wrote...
Jonny P. wrote...

Since you went through the previous tanks as well, I'd like to ask: from the SU-152 onwards, is Camouflage still good to have as a crew skill? While the tanks up to the SU-100 are quite nimble and stealthy, from Tier 7 onwards they're basically heavy tanks converted into tank destroyers, and they're pretty huge.

Obviously you get spotted more frequently cause from SU-152, russian tank destroyers are pretty huge as you said. Anyway i still have camo as a crew skill for all the crewmen. I use a Camo Net too.

With this tank destroyers is not a big problem getting spotted since your gun can take out the enemy with just one shot most of the times (if they are not 100% health obviously). I use also "Sixth Sense" skill for the commander to know when enemy spot me, so i can retreat behind cover.

Anyway, for the SU-152, use the same gun that IS uses (i don't remember it's name), is almost the same but the fire rate is much improved, specially if you use a Rammer too.
With ISU, save up free experience to research the tracks and then BL-10 gun.
Same as above for Object 704.

So, my advice is, keep camo skill for the crew and use a camo net in conjunction.
After camo, go for Sixth Sense for the commander and repair for the others.
This is my setup, so go on and chose whatever skill you like.

If you want any other advice on soviet tank destroyers or heavy tanks just let me know^^.
Hope this helped.
Thank you, you've been most helpful. :3

About the Russians, my very first grind brought me up to the KV-1S, though I dropped that some time ago to do the American TD's (big mistake there, but oh well). So I can always start grinding again, getting an IS-3 would be quite satisfying (especially since I would have a trained crew already - the one I use for the IS-6).

I'll see what to do, suffice to say that after the huge let-down of the Chinese premium tanks, the Russians looked really tempting once again - especially now that they're also going to add a second line of medium tanks.
pihip wrote...
I only know that, apparently, there will be a server for Japanese gamers, and that they will add a Japanese tech tree (they already mentioned the Chi-Nu as a premium tank). Also, and again, apparently, to celebrate WoT Japan they'll introduce stuff from Girls und Panzer (what stuff, no one knows atm).

I'll be butthurt if they get cool stuff that NA server isn't allowed to get.

japman19 wrote...

I'm ericridge on wot I can play on both east or west server if u wanna.

Got good connection to both.
pihip wrote...
Thank you, you've been most helpful. :3

About the Russians, my very first grind brought me up to the KV-1S, though I dropped that some time ago to do the American TD's (big mistake there, but oh well). So I can always start grinding again, getting an IS-3 would be quite satisfying (especially since I would have a trained crew already - the one I use for the IS-6).

I'll see what to do, suffice to say that after the huge let-down of the Chinese premium tanks, the Russians looked really tempting once again - especially now that they're also going to add a second line of medium tanks.

I have an IS-3, it's a really good tank.
If you have time, go for it^^.
T32 has got to be my new favorite tank. The tank just oozes versatility, and at the end of the day, 198 pen on the 105 ap rounds is quite reliable and accurate enough to pen weakspots in engagement ranges of around 250m or less. With a vert stab its let me pull off a few snap shots as well.

In the case of engaging tier 10 heavies, the 258 pen on the prem rounds is costly, but the T32 is mobile enough to play as a support medium and simply flank them. Hull down with a bit of wiggling and your turret stands with near impunity from all but tier 10 td's and med prem rounds. Angled the hull armor can also troll lots of tier 8 and 9 tanks, I've managed to bounce t28 prototypes off the front hull XD
Jonny P. wrote...
I have an IS-3, it's a really good tank.
If you have time, go for it^^.

I know it's good, normally I curse when I encounter one of them. But yeah, I do have the time, so I might finish what I started, get the IS, grind it and finally get the IS-3.

For tank destroyers, I was also considering that, instead of just starting from scratch with the Russians, either I finish grinding the British (I'm at the AT 8 atm, fully upgraded and 26k exp from the AT 7), or I go for the Ferdinand from the Porsche Tiger (absurdly long grind there though, 150k exp for a Tier 8, what the hell WG).
pihip wrote...

I know it's good, normally I curse when I encounter one of them. But yeah, I do have the time, so I might finish what I started, get the IS, grind it and finally get the IS-3.

IS3's are good for weakspot practice. As long as you have 200~mm pen you can easily run through the lower glacis if below one, and the upper rectangular hatch behind the gun on top of the turret if firing slightly down on them. Never be afraid to simply disengage and reposition to take out the IS3, or any tank for that matter. There's no reason to try and play to the strengths of your enemies's tanks.
Oh, it's simpler than that. Right now I don't have anything with more than 175 average penetration. So I can't help but curse when I stare stuff like an IS-3, a Type 59 or a Ferdinand in the face, knowing I won't do sh*t to them unless I flank them. Then again, I'm learning to abuse the IS-6 durability, so while I do die often, I still die fighting, even against Tier 9s - though there are some tanks that I simply can't do anything against, like the E-75.

Anyway, even with 175 penetration you can easily blow holes into the lower plate of an IS-3 (I did it to IS-8s more than once for Christ's sake). The problem is, one has to be a pretty stupid driver to expose such a weak spot when he/she has that much frontal upper armor.