[Anime] Selector Spread WIXOSS (Autumn 2014)

Pages Prev123Next
WideEyedMan wrote...
brok3n butterfly wrote...

Maybe WIXOSS is a big thing in Japan and the rules are common knowledge among their viewer demographic, or maybe they only expected fans of the TCG to watch. Regardless a quick explanation would've been appreciated.

It might be. The cards just recently went on sale (amiami) so even we can buy them. Not translated though. People have also been writing logs of the battles in the anime to date. Maybe a group of people will put together some kind of translated online game.
I've been keeping up with this one and it's really been fun to watch. I love the characters and their wishes (even if a few characters are a little twisted). The cards are amazing! I probably wouldn't mind buying one just for the design.
Episode 5
Spoiler:
So the brother also had incestuous feelings for Yuzuki too, eh? From the preview, it sounded like Ruuko lost the fight to Akari, though it'd be too early to say. Also, so no one dies once they lost three times, but instead get the reverse of what they wish for...for some reason, dying sounds like a better option. Of course, that would depend on the wish. Looking forward to see how things will go in the next episode.
Episode 7
Spoiler:
What exactly was going on in her head when she was breaking into Akira's studio? What was she planning on doing?
8: Despair is coming
Spoiler:
I just now realized "LRIG" is "GIRL" backwards. The fact that Eternal girls are LRIG's is great. Since Hanayo is the new human Yuzuki, is it still an incest ending? If Hanayo is in Yuzuki's body then Hanayo also wants/ed her brother then?

Aki-lucky lost her mind and it was great.
Spoiler:
I just now realized "LRIG" is "GIRL" backwards. The fact that Eternal girls are LRIG's is great. Since Hanayo is the new human Yuzuki, is it still an incest ending? If Hanayo is in Yuzuki's body then Hanayo also wants/ed her brother then?

Spoiler:
I'll admit. That GIRL=LRIG part got my mind blown. I like Akira in this episode. All that craziness~

And that sexually suggestive new Yuzuki. Hanayo has once again lied to her in a way. And Hitoe got a LRIG card again. Maybe she would start battling again to find the truth.

EDIT: So I heard that WIXOSS is getting a second season, that is supposedly the continuation of the current one airing.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odamust wrote...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'll admit. That GIRL=LRIG part got my mind blown. I like Akira in this episode. All that craziness~

And that sexually suggestive new Yuzuki. Hanayo has once again lied to her in a way. And Hitoe got a LRIG card again. Maybe she would start battling again to find the truth.

EDIT: So I heard that WIXOSS is getting a second season, that is supposedly the continuation of the current one airing.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 cours of this is good news.

Spoiler:
Since Hitoe lost 3 times and can never make friends again, even if she plays WIXOSS again she would never be able to interact with Ruko (or most people). If Hitoe starts playing again then hopefully Aki-crazy will play too.
To be honest, I never expected WIXOSS to be made into an actual card game. I simply thought it was a fictional card game within an anime.

Perhaps this particular anime title was released as a marketing strategy. That or the producers of the card game felt that its popularity exceeded expectations, prompting them to cash in. So many possibilities.
Episode 9
Spoiler:
Incest confirmed, though it won't be Yuzuki that will be doing the incest. And she's pretty calm despite the fact that Hanayo left out something important and took over her life, though the preview of the next episode had Yuzuki's voice crying about Hanayo betraying her. Tama being all friendly with Ruuko. I wonder what did she forgot. Probably something very eerie.
Ep. 8:
Spoiler:
When Yuzuki won and became an eternal girl and Hanayo looked at her with tears forming in her eyes, I thought to myself, "...did she just become a card, just like Hanayo?" I'm surprised as fuck that I had called it right.

Aki-Crazy is hot.

Wow, my train of thought for episode 8 ended exactly as I expected it to. Did not expect to call it out.
My thoughts on Episode 10
Spoiler:
xD It was so good finally getting more detail. I love that Hanayo is still following through with the wish, but I also kinda want her to fall in love with Kazuki so she can be happy too. Not just with being out of the card world.
I remember thinking while watching,Ru better hurry up and give Hitoe back her card before she panics
I wonder why the other LRIGS remembered their pasts and their probably their previous wishes, but Tama doesn't.
Episode 11
Spoiler:
I remember it being mentioned sometime ago on Skype by someone that one day that building will be a mass killing site of Selectors. That prediction actually came true in a way. Though it took them this long. Still, I guess that'd be a suitable place for the whole final boss battle that's coming up next week. I can't believe it's gonna end soon. That conversation between Iona and her LRIG was kinda messed up. Last episode for this season LET'S GO!
Great Ending
Spoiler:
All of that despair. Is it fall yet? It seems like grandma and Tama have something in common that might be useful to pay more attention to when the show continues. It started pretty boring, aside from that stuff in episode 1, but got more interesting as the rules for LRIG's were laid out. Even up to episode 10 it wasn't as a whole impressive. Part 2 will hopefully be more entertaining since we have more questions than answers to think about for 12 weeks.

The end to this episode was great. Along with Aki-lucky -> Aki-lunatic and Hanayo getting Yuzuki's incest, WIXOSS made for a couple memorable scenes. Looking forward to the fall.
Episode 12 End
Spoiler:
I haven't been this excited for a season 2 of a show in a long time. I want more more!!! It got so good. That little stunt by Tama was great! I was thinking it would have a cute end and all but nope! Even though I knew there would be a season 2, I thought it would be with new characters somehow. I want to know more about Tama's wish and Iona's wish. I loved this anime. And I'd still buy the cards if I could.
great cliffhanger - legit, what a twist
Spoiler:
damn, ru might be out of the game to save everyone now considering the ability of the lrig to refuse to the oath. we all know iona would love to forever battle with ru rather than fill any oath
I actually dropped this at episode 2 mainly because my hours didn't match with the airing times and also because I didn't have the patience to deal with angsty teenagers for the horrific turning point that I whiffed from the series early on, so naturally when I just had to move 3 episodes onward for everything interesting to start. I ended up marathoning it and while it was quite funny watching people's hopes and dreams 180 on them, the series is pretty far from great I would still place it at the above average standpoint as it stands.

Spoiler:
They rez'd Hitoe so she can die horribly next season, wouldn't it be the most hilarious thing in the world if Tama was found by Akira.
This fall is going to be the best season for me this year. I'll say that the studio really put a lot of effort into making the last episode. It was a good ending, especially at that scene when,
Spoiler:
Iona became Ruuko's LRIG. That gave me the shivers, but it felt good. Despite the criticism about it not portraying the same concept as a card game anime would, it was actually interesting to see how one surprise leads to another. And yes, Aki-lucky is back with no scar on her face. The plot thickens until fall comes. Overall, Selector Infected WIXOSS...did not regret picking it up.
end of season 1
Spoiler:
I was only able to keep a mild attention span for most of the series, often letting unwatched episodes pile up, and finding that watching them felt more like a chore.

I found the characters fairly boring, with exception to the 2 antagonist. The settings, for as far as what's made available, pointlessly depressing. The story, stagnant and filled with overdrawn subplots that contribute little (outside the exposition) to the main story (Ruko's). Ruko story and character, never progressed any where, Tama had more development and all she does is go "...battle..." and "Ru" in a depressing voice (I liked Tama for the most part, the level of simple mindedness got to me a little, but she was capable of introspection, so I got over it).

So I was really surprised by the ending. To me, this series' only potential was the antagonist, and considering how much they neglected creating a personality for Ruko, I really didn't expect much. So this ending is really shockingly pleasant... I'm a little dumbfounded in how I should consider this series and it's potential now... "This show only became interesting to me with it's ending" is how I regard it at this point... and I find that perplexing, that I waited an entire season for, an interesting story, that I feel I only get in the end.

I think this is a bit of frustration and anticipation, but I'm not quite sure.
The second season should begin airing this month.

To be exact, later today, on Tokyo MX.
Episode 1

Spoiler:
Started off where it last ended so I expected the slow start-up. I'm curious to see how in-depth they go into the world of WIXOSS. It's kind of weird how the wish system works because the one girl Hitoe first wishes for friends, gets them on her own, looses her wish thus her ability to make friends, then somehow is able to make friends again.... I mean I'm not questioning how, but to me there is no point to the system if it can be overridden so easily.

Anyways, interested to see how they'll end this series since it's one of the few that they could go a few different directions.
Pages Prev123Next