Hunter X Hunter

Forum Image: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k311/biglw16/d33c934417f3b0_full.png
Many people in the world aspire to be hunters, for either the fame, wealth or special privileges. However, it is said that only one in hundreds of thousands can pass the test to be a qualified hunter. Gon's journey to become such a hunter, and to find his father, who is acknowledged as the greatest hunter in the world, begins. Along the way, he befriends Killua, a member of a renowned assassin family, Kurapica, who is determined to become a Blacklist Hunter to capture the criminals responsible for his tribe's deaths, and Lerio, who aspires to be a doctor.

i thought this is pretty cool
has 280 scanned chapters out
and im planning on reading it lol but i thought i should let u guys know about it
and its also a anime
One of the best shounen's out there, along with an anime that's pretty much just as much win as the manga.

It's a must.
Hunter x Hunter is definitely a Jump classic, and it is extremely popular in Japan (rite under One Piece I'd say). I just wish Togashi wouldn't go on so many hiatuses. But the newest chapters are incredible. The art is awesome, even more so because he doesn't really have any assistants that help him draw.
its a great manga just the wrighter gets at most 10 chapters out then goes on hiatus for a year so very hard on the readers T~T but its one of my favorites
THat manga would be seriously perfect if there werent so many damn hiatus. Everytime the series restarts i have to actually think and read so i can remember and connect the story
What happen with this master piece? Why with no reason it end's just like that...what happen with ghon's father? and the last ryodan's member's?
i can't wait for the new series the manga is off hiatus
Kaimax Best Master-San
michelous wrote...
i can't wait for the new series the manga is off hiatus

The newest manga chapter has already been released since issue #35 2011, and it's still continuing as normal till the latest Jump issue #40. We already got 2 chapters scanlated.. even though I don't read HxH anymore since the start of the Ant arc, got left behind pretty far, not motivation to continue. MAybe the anime series will motivate me.

http://weeklyjump.zapto.org/Rankings/Issue/6
I don't really like the lastest chapters released, seems too rushed... Perhaps the next few chapters will shed a better light.
N0idas wrote...
I don't really like the lastest chapters released, seems too rushed... Perhaps the next few chapters will shed a better light.

The manga-ka is old and sickly. What you expect?
Well what I was expecting was something similar to what the manga was like before, but with new twists, plots, and characters. Which is what this Ant arc is, it's just that the new chapters 'seem' too rushed IMO. If the manga-ka can tie things together with future chapters I would be satisfied.
This is my all-time favorite shonen manga/anime so i advice everyone to read/watch it :).
Kaimax wrote...

even though I don't read HxH anymore since the start of the Ant arc, got left behind pretty far, not motivation to continue. MAybe the anime series will motivate me.

START reading it as soon as you can! Trust me since the start of the chimera ant arc(ch186) a looot of great things have happened(the plot has advanced with shocking twists) and it's totally worth it to read those 139 chapters(lol let's just hope that there won't be anymore 1-2years hiatuses :P), You will be really pleased!
I have a lot of expectations about the anime. Hope it continues even past the end of the previous one(last OVA) and hope that the animation quality is contemporary(something like FMA BH or newer anime this season)
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Chapter 317 is so nice that I have to bump this. So, the hiatus infested ant arc finally comes to an end. Who's your fav ant? To me it's Meruem hands down. His growth is so damn amazing I can't even see him as evil. Threatening to humans yes, evil, no.
The ant arc is too complicated for people to understand and since he went on hiatus in the middle of the arc for 1-2 years, I think people will need to re-read the whole arc to understand the arc fully. I got to say the ending really makes me respect Meruem.
Neko_Maido wrote...
The ant arc is too complicated for people to understand and since he went on hiatus in the middle of the arc for 1-2 years, I think people will need to re-read the whole arc to understand the arc fully. I got to say the ending really makes me respect Meruem.

agree about the complicated part cause i had forgotten a few facts that a discussion board reminded me of :( and my favorite and has to be Meruem because he is just amazing at everything he does and he also became more human at the end.
but a close other character that i absolutely love in this arc is the unbeatable Komugi
Lately, the series has been slipping into seinin territory(not that I mind). Before, hunterXhunter would be about getting stronger and simple storylines like the common "missing father" or tournament arc plots.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Newest Chapter is awesome.

Still haven't skipped the chimer ant arc, I marathon-ed till the end Greed Island (His drawing SUCKS lol good thing I watched to OVA), while still reading the new ones.
Spoiler:
I can't see the favors being too ridiculous seeing as the last thing granted was a PC. I personally, after watching the new Hunter X Hunter anime, was hoping that Leorio would help Gon.

Yeah the art work isn't the greatest... which is too bad since the story is picking up again.
yet another awesome chapter(323) :)
Damn hiatusssss!!! What is Togashi thinking? Dang, things were getting hotter and hotter