One Piece 582

I think this is the first time i've seen anyone seriously in despair. And noone around him can do anything but watch.

But aside that sad scene, looks like we'll be going back in time.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
I felt pretty bad for Luffy, usually be easily bounces back from things and is cheerful in no time. Although considering he watched his brother die it'd be weird for him to bounce back so easily :P

I reckon Jinbei will be sticking around till Luffy's mental state isn't so broken. It appears he doesn't know what to do though, but I'm sure he'll find the right words and actions.

Looking forward to seeing how the two brothers eventually got on so well though, I've always wanted to know more about their childhood.
Here comes the flashback.. Nothing much to say in this chapter though. Although I thought this chapter was about luffy's crew when I read the first page. I really wonder how the hell they're all gonna meet up again
poor luffy :( but anyway... luffy is so cute when he was a little kid
Kadushy Douchebag
Luffy, so sad. Help him someone..
Kadushy wrote...
Luffy, so sad. Help him someone..

inb4 Boa Hancoc.

OT: Not fond of flashbacks.
I'm more curious about the new Shicibukai, is Moria already killed or what since it is already 2 weeks from the war summit?
So basically next chapter is Luffy and Ace when they were young?

Luffy just needs to bust this first nut and he'll be fine its the fucking 17 year old virgin up in this bitch and Boas all over his junk he doesn't even have to try and he could get that good shit.

So now lets wrap this shit up and get the crew back together.
wilstreak wrote...
I'm more curious about the new Shicibukai, is Moria already killed or what since it is already 2 weeks from the war summit?

I'd say he's as good as dead. Moria himself without his zombies is pretty weak. Jinbei practically destroyed him in one hit. Lol they probably turned him into an android as well just like Kuma
Why all the snot and drool? As always it looks retarded and completely ruined the moment.

Ok chapter.
Flashback....eurg
flashbacks 2 me are like fillers, retarded and annoying.
Flashback is not a bad idea. Lots of fans love Ace. Oda is probably just giving the fans some fanservice since we'll never be seeing him again.

I expected this all along. Seeing Luffy in his mental breakdown, obviously means he'll have to get over it. Didn't expect him to just get up and go find his crew and continue his merry adventure.
lollercookiez wrote...
Flashback is not a bad idea. Lots of fans love Ace. Oda is probably just giving the fans some fanservice since we'll never be seeing him again.

I expected this all along. Seeing Luffy in his mental breakdown, obviously means he'll have to get over it. Didn't expect him to just get up and go find his crew and continue his merry adventure.

Getting back to the merry adventure after that huge-ass Marineford arc would kill this series for good.
I dunno what luffy's personality will be like after this arc, after realising that neither he nor his friends are invincible, and that if he goes blindly charging in to the New World like he did in the initial Grand Line, he could be in for even worse hurt.
If he bounces back in about 20 chapters time and is all happy-go-lucky again, it wont seem authentic to what he's just been through, and would kill the char a bit. If he remains depressed, or naturally growns up a bit from the experience, it wont be the same luffy anymore, or the same straw hat pirates. Either way, i can see the manga taking a slightly darker turn in the future.
I hope Luffy will get a character development after this event...

The snot and cries is Oda's depiction of real sad cry...I almost cried anyway...
I felt this need real tears, not snot filled sob faces. Oh well, at least we know who Dadan is, going to suck to wait for new JUMP in two weeks.