Happy New Year! 2021 Edition

Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Happy new year! (or as happy as it gets)

I hope everyone was able to have peaceful/relaxing holiday. It's the year of the ox! (hands together for the big titty cowgirls please) We're back to work and the wheels are already turning in the house with production with brand new content for everyone.

A little update for you all is that I'm going to be spending tomorrow updating a lot of threads on where books are at and adjusting dates for everyone to be up to date with on the print ETA.

I spoke with the printer in great length right before our break to try and get a good breakdown on why things are the way they are currently. During towards the end of the year there's basically been a container shortage. You know those long metal containers sent on ships for cargo? Those type of containers. The way it was explained to me is that despite us not slowing down too much, more and more companies were "coming back" later in the year, but when they were coming back to work, most of them were in rush mode and were putting a TON of orders in just for regular business purposes from being behind in production, and for holiday purposes to have inventory for folks. Think of anything possible to send in those cargos, not just printed material. So essentially a lot of our items have gotten bottlenecked as things were being printed, because a single run of books for us is only 2-3 pallets, while a container can fit many more items. You'll be seeing a lot of our stuff arriving in April and it can only be assessed that basically once we had a container full of items they were able to get it sent out.

It is calming down now though and has been getting better, so as long as everyone can be patient with us we'll be getting your orders out.

We're organized this year, ready to tackle the year knowing the problems that we faced last year, so here's a toast to a much better year and to more great content.
shibby06 Hentai Aficionado
Those containers are called Gaylords...
Forum Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/e54b7f4793a687191cd877fedb2ce9f6/tenor.gif?itemid=12513514
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
shibby06 wrote...
Those containers are called Gaylords...
Forum Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/e54b7f4793a687191cd877fedb2ce9f6/tenor.gif?itemid=12513514

Then I own two gaylotds then. 5 if you count just big rig containers trailers. Great to store equipment.
Just as a heads up I have updated all the ship dates on the forums in the books individual threads. I'm in the process of getting ship date ETA's adjusted in other areas on the website for consistencies sake. Luckily, some of the titles have shortened in expected due date, others not so much. You'll notice towards the end of the year things have started to shorten in length of time to print.
Brittany wrote...
Just as a heads up I have updated all the ship dates on the forums in the books individual threads. I'm in the process of getting ship date ETA's adjusted in other areas on the website for consistencies sake. Luckily, some of the titles have shortened in expected due date, others not so much. You'll notice towards the end of the year things have started to shorten in length of time to print.

Would it make more sense to have a single (sticky) status thread, with everything in one place? Like the magazine preview thread. Seems like that would make things easier to find if you're following more than one book, and ideally easier to maintain.
explosio wrote...
Brittany wrote...

Would it make more sense to have a single (sticky) status thread, with everything in one place? Like the magazine preview thread. Seems like that would make things easier to find if you're following more than one book, and ideally easier to maintain.

I can certainly update the current book list thread if that would be preferred. Thanks for the suggestion :) I'll have that updated later today
explosio wrote...
Brittany wrote...

FWIW I found that this pinned post has the links to the individual book threads. Having realize this only after I have searched through many pages on the forum to find the book thread...

[ Locked ] FAKKU Books: Release & Reprint Status
Brittany wrote...
I can certainly update the current book list thread if that would be preferred. Thanks for the suggestion :) I'll have that updated later today

Ah, I forgot all about that thread. Mentally I always categorized it as the "reprint thread" and never really internalized that it also lists all the not-released books. And also links to all their individual forum threads, so finding them is not so laborious as I'd thought anyway.