[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

Jacob wrote...

...We will be publishing all different kinds of genres, including things you don't normally see on FAKKU. I want to bring back all of the content that has been removed, but now legally and in collaboration with the artists that created it instead of via pirated scans.

I know this opinion will anger some users here and I will end up with a bunch of minus one reps, but I would not be able to deal with any potential future loli and extreme rape releases. I understand that I can simply not read those particular genres, but I cannot be a part of a service that could be providing them.

We may have freedom of speech laws that can protect us, but that does not mean we cannot still be screwed over by some law enforcement clamp down, or have our names placed on some database. It is not worth it.

Users who like that kind of content have plenty of other websites to find it on. If it ends up here, I would immediately drop my sub.
I really hope this works, because if it does and Fakku stays strong, and you continue to publish more and more both Hentai and Non then maybe we can show the artists and writers how support instead of just pirating everything. Only thing similar to this is Crunchyroll i think, maybe you will also get other types of H content to publish too.
Myurton Kiss Kiss fall in love
Beans and Rice wrote...
Jacob wrote...

...We will be publishing all different kinds of genres, including things you don't normally see on FAKKU. I want to bring back all of the content that has been removed, but now legally and in collaboration with the artists that created it instead of via pirated scans.

I know this opinion will anger some users here and I will end up with a bunch of minus one reps, but I would not be able to deal with any potential future loli and extreme rape releases. I understand that I can simply not read those particular genres, but I cannot be a part of a service that could be providing them.

We may have freedom of speech laws that can protect us, but that does not mean we cannot still be screwed over by some law enforcement clamp down, or have our names placed on some database. It is not worth it.

Users who like that kind of content have plenty of other websites to find it on. If it ends up here, I would immediately drop my sub.

Then drop your sub cause Loli already exists on the site. There are a number of official releases that have been Loli on the site for months now. You probably have "Show Controversial Content" turned off, which by the way hides all the Loli and other controversial tags.
Beans and Rice wrote...
Jacob wrote...

I think you might be thinking of the loli that the plot said were actually 'very young' and wasn't just in appearance so maybe just create a new tag for those type of H mangas?
Thank you for the 6 years of enjoyment! I wish everyone the best of success this year and so on! Good bye, Fakku and the community!
First time poster here and I just want to say that I fully respect and support this decision. I'm always open to supporting Japan media that I've enjoyed for free and taken for granted all these years. Sadly, there just aren't many opportunities to do so with the hentai genre. So when one came up like this, I immediately jumped on it. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys have in store this year.
Overall I am happy to see the steps being taken to help promote the artists and support them. Sure, its sad to see a lot of the scanlation content disappear, especially ones I helped on, but it is a necessary change to work towards building a better future for the industry. The pricing is decent in my opinion, and as many have said, if you cant afford it or just don't want to pay, there are plenty of other sites to try out.

I support this endeavor fully and will continue to subscribe and support Jacob and Fakku when and however possible! Its been an impressive journey so far since 10 years ago and I am anxious to see where this road leads.
MakazeKanra wrote...
Misaki_Chi wrote...
MakazeKanra wrote...
I chose Fakku because it had the most comprehensive collection of even the rarest doujins. When someone mentioned a doujin I should read, I could come here and find it, H or non-H, and look no further. I bought my subscription to have access to even more comprehensive content. Now that you have taken away the original content, my reasons for choosing this site have vanished.

Just stating as a previous uploader to the site you know most of the content came from other places right? I know I got most of my stuff I uploaded from other sites/torrents and scanlators would upload their stuff here as well as other H-sites or they would offer the works on their homepages.

Simple answer, I never looked for anything rarer than Fakku had. Now I have to.

Small world you live in, there are way more illegal stuff out there.

But now that Fakku has rights to current X-eros and Kirakuten content, fan translations from those comics can be barred and stopped. Hence sooner or later, all the rare stuff will only be in fakku.

I just hope they get a DRM tool ready, im not fond of pirating something that is locally available. I only support scanslations before because it was the only way to support the artist properly.
Understandable decision, but you'll lost a lot of peopl with this one. My main regret is that I can't even recover the name of the deleted content that was in my favorites...

PS : I can't really afford paying for the few that remains now, but I'll keep checking. One day I'll consider subscribing.
Hope that there will be subscription packages. Currency exchange is too volatile.
From the removal of many different types of genre that were popular to taggings with really unfamiliar or awkward naming conventions was already the start of what would be a deterrence to the fanship.. and now comes the subscription.... as much as users are taking this whole "free hentai" for granted, I believe business concept is taking "payments" for granted thinking that all is equal and would pay.. Many of these users here at Fakku prolly are who I was back 10 years ago, just a kid with no income...

The idea of donation is really good as really it doesn't make Fakku looks like just another commercialized business.

Well who am I anyway right so I'm off to the next ship.. thanks for the 10 years worth of fun and laughter when reading those funny dialog translation..
greencopter4444 wrote...
I hope others support Fakku. Because it was a surprise, most people thought Fakku was putting a paywall behind everything, etc. But now with this post I think people will realize that Fakku is trying to do something good.

People dont see it that way when all they want is to spank their monkey without regard to fakku's goals. I cant really say they were part of the community if they really just leech
I may subscribe one day much further down the road when I can justify the expense for the content present. The dearth that exists now... I really should have logged back into this site a few days ago. Alas.

I've always enjoyed Fakku throughout my time here. I'll miss the Fakku of old, but I can only wish the Fakku that is emerging now success with this and other endeavors. Good luck with things.
I want to sup but i just don't have a credit card.... it's really frustrating and i think a lot of ppl will have this issue. If you don't try harder to give us more ways to sup FAKKU will lose a lot of Money.
First of all. I would like to say that I very much enjoy the changes that have been made to the site, the fact that these artists are finally getting their dues is such a joyful thing.

Secondly. about PayPal, would it not be possible to make it so that you can only buy 1 month at a time without setting up a subscription? I know that for some p2p games (world of warcraft is the only one that comes to mind) You can buy a single month of game time, but you can also set up a subscription if you so choose. the prices are the same but the payment won't be automatic.

Keep up the good work and Happy new year. May the glorious hentai overlords bless us all.

PS. Any chance for implementing a filtration system for the front page? the Netorare is kinda chopping off a certain part of my body that I very much would like to stay intact.
Snyxx wrote...
I want to sup but i just don't have a credit card.... it's really frustrating and i think a lot of ppl will have this issue. If you don't try harder to give us more ways to sup FAKKU will lose a lot of Money.

You can always try prepaid credit cards, debit master cards or even Secured Credit cards, right?
Just want to say .

It has been fun for a whole 5 years .
Although I made account for nothing, but I always make this site my favorite .

This is my first and last post on forum .

Farewell
Personally I support what Fakku has done. I do have an active subscription.

I just wish some of the old scanlations/unlicensed content could come back as legit.
Would love to help that direction in any way.
[size=18][size=12][color=green]Would you add the subscription countdown function ? It'd be convenient for those who can't remember which day they have subbed, and prepare money for the next subscription.[/color][/size][/size]
Snyxx wrote...

There are other sites tho dosent matter