What anime was your first mecha anime?

Does anybody remember the anime with the animal-esque mecha im drawin a blank... well that one
Zoids?

OT: I was introduced to Voltron, Gigantor, and Transformer from my geek older cousins when I was a baby.
Voltron at the tender age of 7.
When I think about it, Voltron was the first mecha anime that I saw. I liked it for having mecha, but something didn't quite pull me in. Then, Robotech came along and I was pretty hooked. However, Gundam Wing showed up years later and while not originally hooked, it grew on me until I am where I am today.
I couldn't exactly tell the "first" because I remember they were shown at about the same time when I was a kid. Anyway The earliest I could remember were: Transformers, Voltron, Voltes V, Daimos, and Macron 1. Among these, Voltron was the one that left my mind embedded with its narrator's voice saying: "From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe..." XD
The first one was Voltes V or Daimos.
Now that I think about it, I think Diamos was technically my first, but I never paid attention to it really so it doesn't count. Voltes V was around the same time as Gundam Wing, back in 1999...
Char's Counterattack, I bought the DVD from SunCoast as a gift to my then boyfriend (and now fiancé) back in 2002. I've been interested in mecha 2-3 years before that, from playing a bunch of Super Robot Wars games on the Playstation.
Sisami wrote...
G Gundam! Shit was off the chain.

HELLZ YA
The first Macross, back when I was a kid in 1998 or so. A rerun, obviously, but still. After that, some show in 2005 that I don't remember, but it had something to do with mechs that wore capes and looked like knights. Don't remember much about that one. Then Neon Genesis Evangelion in 2008 when I finally got into anime.
I'm pretty sure it was G Gundam, "Gundams Ready? Go!" Hah that sure was great.
Digimon.... or was it Gundam Wing
first....? umhh.. i think it's Gundam hehehe cause GUNDAM AFFECT THE WORLD of MECHA ahahaha XD
Mazin...GO!! then Transformers, Robotech, Saber Riders...
Gee, I feel OLD!
My first mecha show? That would have to be Transformers in the early 90s, followed by the various Gundam series. Y'know what? I wish there were a Gundam series airing, and not one from the shitty 00 universe. That shit was so stupid, especially that wretched movie!
Gundam SEED, an Astray Blue Frame
G1 Transformers (which I have the movie of, VHS tape, where Optimus dies)
Some Gundam Wing on Toonami
Neon Genesis Evangelion (props to all who love to do the Gendo Pose)
mine was gundam wing.
Mine was Arbegas, it was really great