Your fighting game style

Pages Prev123Next
WarLord wrote...
When playing a particular fighting game, everyone seems to have their own style. I'm gonna break them down into three parts:

1) Offensive: You're always the first one to attack. What you lack in defense you more than make up for while dealing heavy damage to your opponent. If you don't have a well polished foundation or pattern, then you're most likely just a button masher who blindly attacks their opponent.

2) Defensive: You're calm and collected while waiting for your opponent to attack. One false move on their part and you punish them with a parry or quick combo. These types of players usually fall short when they face characters they are unfamiliar with. Also, because they are not as aggressive, they run the chance of being predictable. If the opponent can see through your plan to counter attack, all they have to do is change tactics to throw you off your game.

3) Balanced: The most powerful out of the three styles. You're both calculating and aggressive towards your opponent. What throws people off the most with players who use this style is the fact that they are extremely unpredictable. They don't know whether you'll attack or defend. Only highly skilled players can effectively use this style. Unskilled players just end up confusing themselves which leads to falling into the opponent's pace.

So which style do you have? If you're gonna say balance, then I assume you have a high rank to back it up. As for me, I'm an offensive type. I hate blocking, but I'll parry attacks if I get the chance. I try to be balanced, but I'm just not that skilled.
Well considering I usually just mash buttons till I get a combo I'll consider my style of play to be offensive
I'd say I'm offensive, but I lack expirience, but if I find an opening make good use of it.
I more of the offensive type but I try to keep my cool and not to personal you know the balance type
It depends on the character I used.

I mostly play offensive in like every fighting games that I ever played, say .. MVC, Street Fighter, Blazblue, and etc. The only exception is when my character is specialized in counter. Like in Tekken, I play it defensive when using Asuka.
Darkhilt wrote...
WarLord wrote...
When playing a particular fighting game, everyone seems to have their own style. I'm gonna break them down into three parts:

1) Offensive: You're always the first one to attack. What you lack in defense you more than make up for while dealing heavy damage to your opponent. If you don't have a well polished foundation or pattern, then you're most likely just a button masher who blindly attacks their opponent.

2) Defensive: You're calm and collected while waiting for your opponent to attack. One false move on their part and you punish them with a parry or quick combo. These types of players usually fall short when they face characters they are unfamiliar with. Also, because they are not as aggressive, they run the chance of being predictable. If the opponent can see through your plan to counter attack, all they have to do is change tactics to throw you off your game.

3) Balanced: The most powerful out of the three styles. You're both
calculating and aggressive towards your opponent. What throws people off the most with players who use this style is the fact that they are extremely unpredictable. They don't know whether you'll attack or defend. Only highly skilled players can effectively use this style. Unskilled players just end up confusing themselves which leads to falling into the opponent's pace.

So which style do you have? If you're gonna say balance, then I assume you have a high rank to back it up. As for me, I'm an offensive type. I hate blocking, but I'll parry attacks if I get the chance. I try to be balanced, but I'm just not that skilled.
Well considering I usually just mash buttons till I get a combo I'll consider my style of play to be offensive

I knew guy like this... I used combos, and he just smashed pad. I was only wining like 2/10 fights <.< SUPER lucky...
Too bad at fighting games to have a style. I just pick a girl that looks like she might be packing meat and roll with it. Like, uh, Zafina.
Randomly Button Mash. My reflexes aren't good enough for precise timing, so I have to tap and hope fo r the best
sakabato24 World Warrior
It depends on the game for me, but I'm mostly a footie/rush-down player.

Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition - I am more footie based with my Sakura. Mind games is how I do it in SSFIV:AE.

BlazBlue : Continuum Shift - I'm more rush-down with a bit of footies with my Platinum.

Melty Blood : Actress Again - I'm all rush-down with Half-Moon Ries

Guilty Gear : Accent Core Pluse - I'm rush-down with Milla

Street Fighter : Alpha/Zero 3 - All footsie based with Karin

Capcom vs. SNK 2 : Rushin' down with A-Sakura/Ken/Yuri
Force them to make a mistake by going all out, only play defensive if the matchup is heavily skewed in their favor. Offense works best for me, if i'm forced into a corner for too long I get really flustered and lose.
mostly offensive but sometimes defensive depents on the game

sf,guilty gear offensive since i offense is the best defence

dead or alive,soul caliber and gundam vs games rather defensive
If I have an advantage with the character then attack, if I'm facing a stronger opponent I block and find the right time to strike then repeat till there dead
Balanced, because my style of play changes depending on how my opponent is playing. I play BBCS and I play Tsubaki and only that one character. Who is capable of being played both aggressively and defensively. If my opponent is aggressive, I watch carefully at how and what blockstrings their using while blocking. Or I might allow you to hit me with something once to see how you follow up on it afterward. How often do they mix up, how often will they tick throw, etc etc. If my opponent is very defensive, well I'll do things and see how well they can react and see if they know how to deal with such things.

If my opponent is also balanced, and were at an equal level, well I'll mix up both aggressive and defensive play styles. But once I have you downloaded, that ass is mine.
on MMO's i always choose defence first. I'd Rather outlast any opponent, i remember playing RF online were i played a lv35+ shield/blocker class with completed def accesories when this lv 45+(max lv is 50 at that time)character attacked me while grinding/farming for loots , i lol'ed when he wasn't able to kill me when i made my character sat down in front of him, though i also can't kill him due to my lack in offence , in the end we just waved hello with our characters and played emoticons and stuff. lol
Shooters defensive (online balanced)

Fighting games offensive I pretty much never use block which main I'm not very good at them when I'm against some one who blocks effectively.

Strategy games all out defensive to begin with then I attack with a big ass assault.
BlinkXPoke Cards and Hugs abound
Not exactly sure if this would fall into balanced, or just offensive and defensive, but I go in, (at least try to) perform a good combo, then retreat for a moment, before going in again.
I play balanced in them majority of them games I *know* how to play.
I rush in a bit to condition the opponent, then I either do mix ups or pick at them opponent till they're dead.
This doesn't apply to brawl though, as I'm always running into shit.
Defensive usually. It depends hugely on the game of course though too. In Third Strike and BlazBlue I play more offensively as I feel more confident playing them but everything else I don't really take chances. Unless I'm playing just a casual player that doesn't fully understand the game so I take advantage of that.
i hit the buttons and hope for the best :/ ... it works for me in the campaign modes but not so much in the multiplayer :/
Lets see... i think i am mostly Offensive, working my way to Balance. In Blazblue, i play Iron Tager, Ragna, and Rachel.
In MvC3, Team is Wolverine, Deadpool, Akuma. I can be Defensive in both games.
Offensive player is what I am; I rather quick and easy than dragging out a fight just to look stylish.
Pages Prev123Next