Do you prefer reading fiction or non-fiction?

Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?

Total Votes : 3,235
Fiction cuz real life is boaring.
I hav to say I had a war inside my head in order to decide that I prefer fiction. I mostly read 'slice of life' type of stories but I also go for fiction like Steins ; Gate, Fairy Tail and also other kinds of similar works whose storyline will never be able to happen in my life.
I don't care at all, but I chosen 'Fiction', because I can imagine everything like I want.
There's manga and there's nonfiction, for me. And occasionally books like "the manga guide to biochemistry".
fiction, things are more creative
I'll go with fiction, more interesting than reality!
Fiction, usually in the form of urban fantasy.
Fantasy with a good deal of romance and magic
Fantasy and Science fiction.
I like to past my time lost in fantasy...(magic, demons, pokemon, etc.)
Unless series like Soul Eater, Bleach, and Air Gear really happened thwn I'll have to cast my good old vote to Fiction. But, hey thats just me either way sometimes I wish things from my favorite Fiction books and manga were real. Don't we all?!
( ^-^)( =_=)( ^J^)
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Simply put.. non-fiction tends to be boring...
I prefer a story which has good depth and a good well.. story. Non-fiction rarely delivers..
Nikon wrote...
Fiction: Stories about imaginary events and/or people.
Non-Fiction: An account, narrative, or representation of a subject which an author presents as fact.

And do tell me what types of either that you prefer. I'm not even gonna put in the "I don't read" option because everybody has enjoyed a novel or prose or poetry at some point in time.

I'm really a fiction type of person. I typically lean toward Science-Fiction but sometimes I'll read a Fantasy novel. Historical Fiction is nice every once in a while, too.

If I do feel in the mood to read non-fiction I tend to read Biographies.
whoever minus repped this is a great big illiterate faggot, I enjoy fantasy and adventure novels worlds in which power was intertwined with skill and not technology
LOVE fiction, its like an addiction. getting to see different worlds and characters created by someone and the story that follows (hopefully good story) with it! Manga and comics take it one step farther by actually drawing their visions, giving them amazing form. Its like breathing life.

The only non-fiction i read are medical book stuff and my diary entries...I MEAN LIFE LOG, cause men thats how men record thier life. LIFE LOG!!!
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
I'm basically in the same boat as Nikon. The only non-fiction books I'll read are probably biographies. Musicians only, not to mention.

My favorite genre of fiction would have to be tech-fiction. Whatever falls in the same genre as Snow Crash, Digital Fortress and Daemon, I guess.
Fiction cause you can make the story however you want
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Fiction by far.
Fictional, definitely.
I'm really into fantasy and sci-fi stories.
Non-fiction is nice, but I LIVE non-fiction. Thanks to my mom- who got me into Anne Rice before I was out of elementary school- fiction is huge for me. Sci fi and fantasy are my favorites, so I guess it's no surprise that most of what I write is also along those lines. But I'm also a fan of writers like Stephen Coonts, James Patterson, Tom Clancy, and John Grisham. For me, the dedication and imagination that goes into creating a fictional world is as much a draw as the story or characters; just imagining all the work Frank Herbert or George RR Martin put in to create the vast stories and deep characters they crafted is amazing all by itself.
both because a good book is a good book wether its fiction or nonfiction.....i mean its true