RandomRedneck wrote...
Zeriam wrote...
Well, here's your lineup...

12:00 a.m. - Bleach
12:30 a.m. - Deadman Wonderland
1:00 a.m. - Casshern Sins
1:30 a.m. - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2:00 a.m. - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
3:00 a.m. - 6:00a.m. Everything repeats.

I fucking knew it. Just Adult Swim, with the Toonami name slapped on. Way to troll the fans, and completely miss the point of why people wanted it back.

I was kind of expecting this but its still disappointing to hear. They took the easy way out. Its so easy to get two new shows and change the name of the program block. They should have started with the old school shows, then gradually include the new shows. I guess the joke's on us...
meltme wrote...
RandomRedneck wrote...
Zeriam wrote...

I fucking knew it. Just Adult Swim, with the Toonami name slapped on. Way to troll the fans, and completely miss the point of why people wanted it back.

I was kind of expecting this but its still disappointing to hear. They took the easy way out. Its so easy to get two new shows and change the name of the program block. They should have started with the old school shows, then gradually include the new shows. I guess the joke's on us...

Deadman Wonderland? dubbed? uh...ok, its probably gonna be censored up the ass and back because its so violent. knew the line up would be ass, fucking money grubbing whores.
Pervy Fatman wrote...
meltme wrote...
RandomRedneck wrote...
Zeriam wrote...

Deadman Wonderland? dubbed? uh...ok, its probably gonna be censored up the ass and back because its so violent. knew the line up would be ass, fucking money grubbing whores.

Keep in mind, this is on ADULT SWIM. NOT Cartoon Network.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Seen the dubs.. same censor has the japanese tv rips. Just no cussing.
I for one like the new Toonami. As someone who still watches basically all non-hentai material on an actual TV set, I've been bored as all hell sine Ani-monday disappeared, and DRRR started repeating(one new anime eppisode a week just is not enough me). I was quite interested in Deadman Wonderland, and did not expect I'd get to see it until now.
It would be nice if they started mixing in some of the classics with the new stuff, but this is more than enough to make me happy for a good while.

I stopped following the push to revive Toonami as I thought it had stalled (though I had kept hopeing otherwise), and was pleasantly surprised tonight when I tuned in to find it running.

Toonami,welcome back old friend!....
"Toonami" is just like I expected. Soulless, with a couple of mediocre new shows tossed in.
RandomRedneck wrote...
"Toonami" is just like I expected. Soulless, with a couple of mediocre new shows tossed in.

There really wasn't much to expect. Like I said, give it some time. Or, you can bitch about it.
I think some people are just mad because it's not the toonami they grew up with and are just wanting the nostalgia. I grew up with it too but it's been 4 years since it was canceled, I've bought a lot of DVDs for the series that were shown on the channel. If you really wanted to keep watching those shows so bad you could have either went on the internet or bought it.

As to what is being shown now I don't think it matters for those of us who already know about anime and know how to get it. I think it's more for the younger generation to maybe get them interested in anime but one day a week won't be enough and they will eventual do what the rest of us did and start watching on the internet whenever they want.

To comment on the lineup, considering the english dub of Bleach has not ended yet it's to be expected that it's still being shown. I'm pretty sure the entire series of FMAB has been shown on adult swim already so it should have been switched for something else. As for ghost in the shell I have not seen the entire series and don't know if 2nd gig has even been shown on the channel yet.

TLDR: people wanted nostalgia and whining because they didn't get it. The internet has it all day every day instead of just for a couple hours one day a week.
I don't care for any of these shows. At least they have Ghost in the Shell, which was pretty good from what I recall from memory of a few years ago. The only reason I'd tune in is to see TOM.
Fluttershy wrote...
RandomRedneck wrote...

There really wasn't much to expect. Like I said, give it some time. Or, you can bitch about it.

Little something you should know about me bro. I don't do patience. You gotta impress me right off the bat. Neither this new "Toonami" or the new shows impressed me. And that's a bad sign.
Toonami used to show here in my country 2006-2010, until they showed some mediocrity, hopefully they'll show some classic or even shows that are worth watching
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
I ripped the dub audio on to the bd uncensored... still shit. Ganta voice aside... shiro and G size boob guard were shit also. I think if the bleeps were gone and they said shit and fuck.. i might be ok... EXCEPT EVEN TEH FUCKING JAPANESE UNCENSORED ARE BLEEPED. I still say the only toonami show is GitS.. bleach is better then Deadman dub.

Also guest who doing the voice of yuki in mirai nikki dub.... OH SHIT THAT NIG.
I thought that Deadman Wonderland was actually pretty good dubbed. Casshern sins was...well interesting, I may end up watching more of that to get more of whats going on.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
I think they should have come out swinging with either their best hits, or more new fresh faces. Not saying the two new shows were good or bad, there just wasn't enough quantity.
cruz737 wrote...
I think they should have come out swinging with either their best hits, or more new fresh faces. Not saying the two new shows were good or bad, there just wasn't enough quantity.

I felt as if I still was watching AS on Sat.
Honestly, I didn't really think Tom was the bulk of Toonami to begin with. The whole soulless tack-on is more or less nostalgia being absent rather than Toonami2.0 being bad.

I didn't know anybody who watched Toonami for video game reviews or for Tom specifically. I vaguely remember an art contest though, haha.
Pages Prev1234