Anime getting shitty?

raichama wrote...
The complaints about anime getting old is getting old. And frankly anime is not getting old. First off whats wrong with harem or ecchi, its entertaining, I mean the whole reason why we watch anime is for entertainment not for any sort of personal fulfillment, and there are plenty of what I label "awesome as fuck" shows still out there, and this season is just full of them, even though I think overall its a bad season.

Fate/Zero, there is no speaking how much awesome this show is, this is WHAT Fate/Stay Night should've been, if F/SN looked like this, it would be perfect. Sakamachi no Apollon and Acchi Kocchi have just sold me in the slice of life department, and Sakamachi is not your typical school setting, its in the 60s the time of the Japanese economic miracle, and really captures the image of a Japan economically sound but also heavily influences by American culture as well (obv cause of the jazz), and Acchi Kocchi, is simply plain funny, I don't think I've laughed so much since Lucky Star, thats how great it is. And if you haven't had enough epicness, hit up Jormungand, gun fights, political drama, war zones, what more do you need.

Well said, just enjoy anime, whatever genre it is, match up to your taste, it's all for entertainment, I found out to have watching anything lately, from Fate/Zero to Acchi Kocchi, just enjoy it.

if you find out that an anime is bad/getting bad or anything, well just move on and stop rambling nonsenses, have you ever made an anime yourself?

surely it's another form of lacking knowledge..
well it are also the english dubbed versions of animes out of japan that ruin the fun of it
i only like english fan-sub (since its faster then regular subbing)
Wow-wow-wow, them haters and giving me minuses to my already dropped down rep.
But seriously though, anime is definitely getting more and more dumber each year.
All this "moe" shit that's all the rage recently, guys, seriously, WTF?
Kaimax Best Master-San
ManiacYKT wrote...
All this "moe" shit that's all the rage recently, guys, seriously, WTF?

Then don't watch them.
What's wrong with your logic. No one is forcing these "Moe" animes down your eye sockets. Claiming the whole industry is bad just because you don't like a genre, how shallow of a person are you?

The abundance of "moe" animes won't reduce the quality of other titles.

Once again I say this, these "moe animes" have already existed since anime was invented, so claiming that it's getting dumber is just ignorance

and honestly getting dumber? It's not the industry that's getting dumber, it's you who's getting more and more reclusive and close minded.

Have you ever paused and think for a while that "you're the one that's making this into problem" not the industry?
Kaimax wrote...

and honestly getting dumber? It's not the industry that's getting dumber, it's you who's getting more and more reclusive and close minded.

Have you ever paused and think for a while that "you're the one that's making this into problem" not the industry?

And did you even read this thread? I already said everything on the topic and that last one is just a response to a constant -1 from butthurted otakus

I still have my rating at the level of 90s, and honestly today's titles look really bad in comparison. Yeah, I know that 99% were pure trash but the good ones, well lets just say that
there's only "decent" titles with "good" being very rare.
If that's not dropping down in quality then what is it?

P.S. "Moe" back then was a nice touch but today it's a overabundance.

---

I'm leaving this thread.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Rather eat aids and rancid dick cheese then watch/read/play that abortion called fate/fail in any of it's forms. Saber is a whore and archer is a closet homosexual.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Rather eat aids and rancid dick cheese then watch/read/play that abortion called fate/fail in any of it's forms. Saber is a whore and archer is a closet homosexual.

Thank you for sharing your useless opinion that contributes to the topic by .09%. It's always a pleasure to hear from our loving customers. Have a nice day~!
(I've always wanted to act like a bot :3)

On topic, animes of today are expected to become more and more shitty. The prime age of Originality in manga/anime has already passed after a few decades, and so originality today can only come once in a blue moon. Everything today is mostly, if not all, a "repost of the original post", with a few minor edits to make it seem like it's original
I thought something was wrong with me that i havent been watching any anime lately.
ManiacYKT wrote...

I still have my rating at the level of 90s, and honestly today's titles look really bad in comparison. Yeah, I know that 99% were pure trash but the good ones, well lets just say that
there's only "decent" titles with "good" being very rare.
If that's not dropping down in quality then what is it?

P.S. "Moe" back then was a nice touch but today it's a overabundance.

Honestly, your logic in today's anime isn't making any sense. Even if you do have a understandably good list of watched animes, what the hell makes you the deciding factor of the overall rating of anime series today? Yes, "good," "great," or even a "masterpiece" anime are rare. But even so, the anime industries are going at it to produce more of these animes to get more fans, not fucking people like you shouting out, "OLD SCHOOL ANIME DA BEST! BRING THE 90'S BACK YOU ASSHOLES!!"

If you don't like it, fine. Stay enclosed in your enclosed little world with reruns of Cowboy Bebop and GTO.
Uzumaki101 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

Thank you for sharing your useless opinion that contributes to the topic by .09%. It's always a pleasure to hear from our loving customers. Have a nice day~!
(I've always wanted to act like a bot :3)

On topic, animes of today are expected to become more and more shitty. The prime age of Originality in manga/anime has already passed after a few decades, and so originality today can only come once in a blue moon. Everything today is mostly, if not all, a "repost of the original post", with a few minor edits to make it seem like it's original

Thank you for sharing your useless opinion that contributes to the topic by .09%.

Ha. Your post does the same thing. You basically just copypasta 19 other users statement has your own witty thoughts. At least mine was my own thoughts and opinions and not the regurgitation of other statements. Also so easily butthurt on other's thoughts. You must be one hella of a debater. The good ol' 'He said something bad about an animu i love.. he must be retarded or just plain stupid for not liking something i do'. /rage.

Isn't that the whole point of this thread and all other discussions of anything relevant. Should we all sing j-pop songs and hold each other's hand in one big masturbatory secession of repeating other statements and love each other opinions of which anime/manga/hentai is best. Isn't the whole point of the forum is to state opinions and see what comes up pro or con? Your too either full of faux ego or just like hearing your own thoughts. You're like others.. you must be acknowledge for typing a clear and coherence statement and need other to validate it for some reason. I just state shit and watch the rage. I'm easily bored. Thank you for playing. Huggles~
animefreak_usa wrote...
Ha. Your post does the same thing. You basically just copypasta 19 other users statement has your own witty thoughts. At least mine was my own thoughts and opinions and not the regurgitation of other statements. Also so easily butthurt on other's thoughts. You must be one hella of a debater. The good ol' 'He said something bad about an animu i love.. he must be retarded or just plain stupid for not liking something i do'. /rage.

Uhh, I didn't heed the other 19 users of which you speak of, because I only read OP's post and pretty much skipped to the last page. So NO, it's my own valid opinion. And if others have the same opinion as I do, then so be it.

I only quoted you because your post was pretty much, oh I dunno, short and was the last post before I entered mine. Also, it was the easiest to reply to since I knew your beef with Nasuverse will guarantee a reply. Your rage is too easy to provoke.

animefreak_usa wrote...
Isn't that the whole point of this thread and all other discussions of anything relevant. Should we all sing j-pop songs and hold each other's hand in one big masturbatory secession of repeating other statements and love each other opinions of which anime/manga/hentai is best. Isn't the whole point of the forum is to state opinions and see what comes up pro or con? Your too either full of faux ego or just like hearing your own thoughts. You're like others.. you must be acknowledge for typing a clear and coherence statement and need other to validate it for some reason. I just state shit and watch the rage. I'm easily bored. Thank you for playing. Huggles~

Hey, I never said your opinion had no value. It had .09%
Honestly, if anime didn't have a baseline quality of shit, it would be remarkable news. Practically every form of creative media is mired in abject failures.

It definitely comes down to whether or not a critic faults a medium for having stylistic similarities. There's a lot of people who are sensitive to the idea of teaching an old dog new tricks.
You know when i get bored i just make shit to rage. Shit i need to do something with my time off. I going to watch those anime i missed because they didn't seem watchable at the time.. which most are the last season. Meh i should.. but that damn people wanting the recodes. Ahhh i need to get off.

I not able to get mad. Unless it someone saying yui or pop has soda.
animefreak_usa wrote...

LOL

And why is this horrible topic still going?
i dont think that anime is getting shitty but that some people taste is hard to fullfill i found ben-to to be funny.But i do agree that some anime nowadays do have a bit of unnessary amount of echii but i still find dimanods in the rouge for example Acchi Kochi and sankerea and etc but i do feel that the lust of ppl now a day are driving the industry but we cant compare the anime of today to anime of back in the days
Too many ecchis will make the mind and body tired and weak but not all ecchis are bad. I suppose the challenge of making ecchis shows is to make it good and not as crappy as it would be anticipated by the general public. One good example of this is my all time favorite Mahoromatic: automatic maiden and the sequel, Mahoromatic: Something more Beautiful. Yes, it's echhi (well not heavy on the ecchi for what I remeber) but it did deliver a great story about atonement and sacrifice and a tragic ending that I still regard as one of the best of it's time.

As explained by almost everyone on this thread (sorry, I was not able to read all the entries because it was very long, but good), there has been a lot of shows from the past years (I don't know specifically how MANY they are but as long as they are more than 20, then that's already plenty) that is mostly focused on mindless ecchi shows (in w/c I wonder why were they not made a hentai show in the first place. I'm not talking about VN w/c is hentai being adapted to shows for this matter) but Japanese does cover a lot of genres and it's really hard to please everyone and w/ all the opinions and beliefs clashing from each person saying anime is getting more shitty is mostly based on what the majority of what they think (Pluto before was considered a planet but when all the great scientists/scholars/intellectuals voted if it was a planet, the outcome of it is that Pluto is not so this will also not only for anime but for everything).

At the end of the day, it this will just result to more feuds but I suppose the best way to remedy this (based on logic) is to not to watch anime just to avoid seeing crap and to rage on it, but then again, lots of people will not be in favor of this suggestion.

-DarkdaemonPK2
It's not really so much a case of anime 'getting shitter' (hell, anime cinema over the last few years has been flourishing), it's more a change of taste and demographics in Japan. It used to be the majority of TV anime was aimed at children and used to sell toys and merchandise, now it's that the majority of TV anime is aimed at otaku neckbeards and used to sell toys and merchandise. We still have 'mature' and 'good' anime like we always have, if perhaps less frequently than it used to be. It's not as if ecchi or moeblob has been invented in the last five years, it's always been around, it's just now the market for it has become more focused and profound.
I'm able to find some I like almost every season so I don't have much of a problem with new shows. If I don't like any then I wait until next season. ^_^ Maybe something will pop up that you end up enjoying a lot
I've just grown tired of the every anime character being in high school. Some shows it works but it doesn't need to be every one of them. :(
Kaimax Best Master-San
harakiri666 wrote...
I've just grown tired of the every anime character being in high school. Some shows it works but it doesn't need to be every one of them. :(

Another one that generalizes all the anime industry into one genre...
Reason? Because the majority of the anime watching demographic are students, and schools are the most easiest place as a setting for a story.