Do you ever read anime spoilers before watching?

Pages Prev123456Next

Do you ever read anime spoilers before watching?

Total Votes : 3,627
Sometimes it takes a spoiler for a show(or book) to peak my interests. I don't mind going into something without knowing anything, but sometimes it takes either a clear spoiler or an amv that may include spoilers and scenes that I really want to understand and then when it finally happens it's like....."DAMN."

Then there are times where spoilers are unavoidable, mostly with older animes like Neon Genesis, or Cowboy Beebop, etc.
Stay away from spoilers at all costs.
I dont I feel it detracts from the journy the story takes you on, and it makes things less suprising.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
I don't generally read up on anime before watching. If a friend tells me it's good, I'll watch it. If I read up on it, it'll ruin it for me. And if people tell me about it, they either hype it up, or say it's shit, which sways your opinion.... As such, I don't listen to people before I watch something.
I usually just do what AssasinZAssasin does, check to see if I'm right, or to clear something up. Stuff like that.
i read it always....
I don't read spoilers. I read the novel/manga before an anime airs usually. If it is an anime exclusive I just watch it. Nuff said.
I watch the trailer, preview, and review from many websites before decide to watch anime series (especially sankakucomplex) if many review said "This anime is good and worth watching", i will watch it, because i don't want to waste my time and my bandwidth (watching online) for a bad anime.
I don't really read it, I just get spoiled by either my friends or the pages that I liked in facebook >_>
watching an anime is like discovering a new world, so don't ruin it by read spoilers.
at least that's what i think.
I almost regrett reading them everytime but sometimes they just save me before i'll watch something crappy
Never read anything for the first 6 years I spent whatching a shitload of animes, I looked at the covers (and eventualy ended up watching them all anyway) since I bought pirated copies as I lived in China at the time.
Now I have watched almost everything there is to watch ("almost" is the key word here, obviously I haven't watched ALL of them) and I now have more specific tastes and less time on my hands (more hobbies, like eroge and light novels, as well as real life). So for some years I have been ALWAYS checking on at least the synopsis, even further spoilers for some cases.

eddit: Oh and by the way this is made easier I guess because I'm the kind of person who isn't scared by any kind of spoiler. You can tell me of everything that happens in a book/movie/anime and I can still watch it an enjoy it to its fullest. The only exeption would be for detective story, I like to nail who did what myself.
Silencio200 AHHHHHHH! I AM A CAT!
Well if you count that I read the manga before the anime, lately i do more than before. mostly because the manga is either better explain or has more background than the anime, or because i liked the manga and later an anime adaptation was made. as example Shingeki no Kyojin, I am up to date with the manga, but i have yet to see the anime.

also there is the problem that sometimes the anime drop the manga ( because there is not enough content at the time ) and the anime either get filled with fillers( and I hate most of this) or they give a half assed ending: as example GANTZ I love gantz and I loved the anime until they invented the ending. or Kenichi( the history of the strongest disciple kenichi)

now when there is a new anime and i am unsure about it ( the plot or the setting ) i do read, but try to avoid spoilers unless I end without interest on the anime.
[size=12][/h] Hmm... I usually only read spoilers when i really can't wait to see what happens next x3
I only read up on anime if my friends recommend it... I can't trust anyone :3
The question in my case should be more like: "have you ever read an anime spoiler accidentally?" because that has happended to me a few times, and it really bothers!
I'll read spoilers, but only so I know what to expect from a show. Knowing everything about the show takes away the fun of watching it.
I don't always read spoilers but if someone spoils a show to me I don't really care.
I rarely read spoilers because sometimes it's unavoidable :(
I hate spoilers. Usually ruins everything for me.

Also, DAT NETFLIX BARREL.
Pages Prev123456Next