Rejection sucks

Pages 12Next
I'll pretty sure it's not just me but I HATE rejection. Love is something so hard to find and understand that when you finally do it's extatic until ... You realize that there's nothing you can do when your partner doesn't have an understanding about love.

Just some questions that I know people think and I'd love other opinions on

Why does rejection hurt so much?
Why do we get stupid for/in love?

Remember you're not alone.
Rejection at least in my opinion hurts because your putting your feels out in the open to someone who you obviously like and if they turn you down no matter how nice they put it you feel as though it is thrown in your face like they crushed your hopes and dreams and stomped it out. One of the reasons Iv'e chosen just to not involve myself with any relationships anymore but, that's a story for another day. As to why we get stupid over love I also think this is simple your whole world revolves around this one person at least that's how it was when I was in a relationship with someone who I truely cared about it didn't matter what I lost in the process as long as I had that person the rest of the world didn't matter to me. Unfortunately things didn't work out and here I am left alone to fend for myself and, I don't think I'll find another person at least not in this life but, I digress. Point of the matter is love is a great thing when you have it and it sucks when you lose it at least in my experience.
Hazama11590 wrote...
Rejection at least in my opinion...
But rejection makes us stronger, it's a part of growing. Even in other practices of life.
Rejection really sucks, it's lame, and it sometimes leaves you feeling embarrassed and empty, that is why I've never generally tried to ask someone out, I just let things go, flirt a little, if they catch on woohoo, if not, well twas not meant to be.
623 FAKKU QA
SkelliDrops wrote...
Rejection really sucks, it's lame, and it sometimes leaves you feeling embarrassed and empty, that is why I've never generally tried to ask someone out, I just let things go, flirt a little, if they catch on woohoo, if not, well twas not meant to be.

So...basically you base it entirely on whether a guy can read your mind or not.
623 wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...

No, but I don't flat out say "Want to date me?"
Never really been rejected (I've only had one person in my life.). I did reject someone from my work though. She apparently thought I was single. Ask me on a date, I said no. She looked pained, really pained after.
xlightxmonkeyx wrote...
Never really been rejected (I've only had one person in my life.). I did reject someone from my work though. She apparently thought I was single. Ask me on a date, I said no. She looked pained, really pained after.

Yeah I don't like rejecting others to :/ it makes me feel bad
SkelliDrops wrote...
623 wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...

I get what you mean though. Sometimes I won't say anything to a guy but I'll flirt really hard and say things like I'm fond of you and I like your company and stuff without friendzoning them.
Spoiler:
Hazama11590 wrote...
Rejection at least in my opinion hurts because your putting your feels out in the open to someone who you obviously like and if they turn you down no matter how nice they put it you feel as though it is thrown in your face like the crushed your hopes and dreams and stomped it out. One of the reasons Iv'e chosen just to not involve myself with any relationships anymore but, that's a story for another day. As to why we get stupid over love I also think this is simple your whole world revolves around this one person at least that's how it was when I was in a relationship with someone who I truely cared about it didn't matter what I lost in the process as long as I had that person the rest of the world didn't matter to me. Unfortunately things didn't work out and here I am left alone to fend for myself and, I don't think I'll find another person at least not in this life but, I digress. Point of the matter is love is a great thing when you have it and it sucks when you lose it at least in my experience.

When you say this with Hanako as your avatar, I can't help but cry. Q.Q
Just take my Plus and leave my feels alone. ; ~;
ForteDollFace wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...
623 wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...

I get what you mean though. Sometimes I won't say anything to a guy but I'll flirt really hard and say things like I'm fond of you and I like your company and stuff without friendzoning them.

Yes! Exactly, you don't want to be too upfront, some guys hate them anyways lol.
SkelliDrops wrote...
ForteDollFace wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...
623 wrote...
SkelliDrops wrote...

Yes! Exactly, you don't want to be too upfront, some guys hate them anyways lol.

But I do ten to be up front ... I don't get relationships but gettin laid comes easy then lol
Rejection sucks because you feel unloved for some reason. Sometimes, it's the point of your life that you realized that the other person does not like you even though you like them.

As to why we get stupid love, it's because it's just human nature.

Try to get over it, learn the lessons, or it will affect your daily life.

tsukasa102 wrote...
Spoiler:
Hazama11590 wrote...
Rejection at least in my opinion hurts because your putting your feels out in the open to someone who you obviously like and if they turn you down no matter how nice they put it you feel as though it is thrown in your face like the crushed your hopes and dreams and stomped it out. One of the reasons Iv'e chosen just to not involve myself with any relationships anymore but, that's a story for another day. As to why we get stupid over love I also think this is simple your whole world revolves around this one person at least that's how it was when I was in a relationship with someone who I truely cared about it didn't matter what I lost in the process as long as I had that person the rest of the world didn't matter to me. Unfortunately things didn't work out and here I am left alone to fend for myself and, I don't think I'll find another person at least not in this life but, I digress. Point of the matter is love is a great thing when you have it and it sucks when you lose it at least in my experience.

When you say this with Hanako as your avatar, I can't help but cry. Q.Q
Just take my Plus and leave my feels alone. ; ~;

Well I appreciate the plus and I'm glad it touched you those are just my opinions and experiences nothing more nothing less and glad to know that I moved you with my little speech.
I've never been rejected before, but I have had to reject people before, and I hate the feeling so much, it makes me feel terrible. I can't even imagine how they must feel.
Rejection is that feeling when you're staring face to face with someone in which either you, or the intended plans to enter a relationship with and you get turned down. Popping the question of dating can be one of the most frightening experiences one has in life. There's not a more gut-wrenching feeling that leaves your throat feeling dry and extremely sore all of a sudden than being rejected by someone you have feelings for.

The worst part isn't so much the fact that you were rejected honestly. It's the feeling of utter awkwardness that exists between you afterwards. It's like you're virtually handing them a sign that says: "Hey. Just to let you know, anything you do has a giant impact on me." And that's a problem when friendships are supposed to be casual, and have a level of their own that is separate from relationships.

I'm not an upfront person, honestly. I've never asked a single person: "Would you like to go out with me?" I've always believed that if two people really wanted to go out, then there is hardly the need for the question in the first place. And that is precisely how I've entered most of the relationships in my life. Honestly, I just find it more romantic in general when the person I like returns small gestures of affection in kind, rather than blaring out "We're dating!, We're dating!" Though, that might stem from the fact that I get rather embarrassed when people figured out i'm dating someone and proceed to barrage me with questions about it.

Anyhow, I've been on both sides of the river. Both the one being rejected and the one rejecting. Never have I told somebody no without at least giving them reasons why that aren't generic, such as: "I don't think it'd work out". I can understand the mental stress that comes with a random person coming up, or a friend whom you've never even seen in the rose-colored spotlight come up and admit feelings for you. It's a mind-boggling experience that will wreak havoc on your mind and your heart.

The only real solution is to not enter relationships. Or if you want to continue, I recommend having a self-built list of qualities that you look for in a person, and consider whether or not the person whom you're considering dating and/or whom is asking you to go out with them meets those qualities.

Be realistic though. Nobody will match your preference 100%. And if he/she does well...aren't you just lucky. =/
Hazama11590 wrote...
Rejection at least in my opinion hurts because your putting your feels out in the open to someone who you obviously like and if they turn you down no matter how nice they put it you feel as though it is thrown in your face like they crushed your hopes and dreams and stomped it out.

This...is so spot on it hurts. Well being rejected is something I sadly know a bit too well. It never feels any better and to be honest I am also getting tired of the same old story every time. I know for a fact that I am not a "good person" although much to my dismay, some people disagree. Besides that, being "good" or any sense of the word has never really been something people in society seem to value from my observation. People clamor to the top in any way they can.

I don't believe it makes me any stronger though to have been rejected quite a few times. And I certainly haven't had to reject anybody. Though I am sure I wouldn't/couldn't be that cold. At least give them a chance you know? How are you supposed to get to know a person if you just turn them away on first impressions?

Most girls I know can be good friends but usually we don't share much in common, besides...most of them have boyfriends XD. I couldn't on good conscience like a girl and be selfish when she already has somebody else.

Though sometimes I wonder if me having always been rejected has made me not really care that much about asking somebody out in general. It feels easier now to ask somebody out but also feels a lot more like it doesn't matter as much anymore being rejected though it still sucks.
tsukasa102 wrote...
Rejection is that feeling when you're staring face to face with someone in which either you, or the intended plans to enter a relationship with and you get turned down. Popping the question of dating can be one of the most frightening experiences one has in life. There's not a more gut-wrenching feeling that leaves your throat feeling dry and extremely sore all of a sudden than being rejected by someone you have feelings for.

The worst part isn't so much the fact that you were rejected honestly. It's the feeling of utter awkwardness that exists between you afterwards. It's like you're virtually handing them a sign that says: "Hey. Just to let you know, anything you do has a giant impact on me." And that's a problem when friendships are supposed to be casual, and have a level of their own that is separate from relationships.

I'm not an upfront person, honestly. I've never asked a single person: "Would you like to go out with me?" I've always believed that if two people really wanted to go out, then there is hardly the need for the question in the first place. And that is precisely how I've entered most of the relationships in my life. Honestly, I just find it more romantic in general when the person I like returns small gestures of affection in kind, rather than blaring out "We're dating!, We're dating!" Though, that might stem from the fact that I get rather embarrassed when people figured out i'm dating someone and proceed to barrage me with questions about it.

Anyhow, I've been on both sides of the river. Both the one being rejected and the one rejecting. Never have I told somebody no without at least giving them reasons why that aren't generic, such as: "I don't think it'd work out". I can understand the mental stress that comes with a random person coming up, or a friend whom you've never even seen in the rose-colored spotlight come up and admit feelings for you. It's a mind-boggling experience that will wreak havoc on your mind and your heart.

The only real solution is to not enter relationships. Or if you want to continue, I recommend having a self-built list of qualities that you look for in a person, and consider whether or not the person whom you're considering dating and/or whom is asking you to go out with them meets those qualities.

Be realistic though. Nobody will match your preference 100%. And if he/she does well...aren't you just lucky. =/

If anything Tsukasa I think your words mean a lot more then mine. I just spoke on past experiences you seem to know more about what your talking about then I do.
Another thing that really bothered me with rejection is the line
I'm not the one for you
Seriously you don't even know me well enought to tell me that :/
I know you're probably trying to make us feel better after we've put myself in a position to get hurt but we at least deserve more than just that
Sure, rejection sucks, but it's a fairly natural part of life. If you haven't been rejected before, then you're not trying hard enough. It isn't as big of a deal to get rejected if you don't wait until you're like "OMG, I think I -LOVE- this person!" before you finally ask them out. Asking someone out on a date should be a fairly casual way to figure out if you're compatible or not... rather then it being this BIG DEAL that it doesn't need to be.
Pages 12Next