Do straight men read yaoi?

Pages Prev12345Next

Do straight men read yaoi?

Total Votes : 125
Yaoi is just another way to tell a romance story. I like reading them solely for story.
mostly started reading yaoi because my girlfriend got me interested in stories with yaoi. She even writes yaoi so thats another thing lol
It depends really, I've found some yaoi that was ok but I didn't like reading beacuse I felt like its was wrong looking at two boys going at it but then I found out about traps so now I feel not as bad when I read some yaoi.
I don't usually read the Hentai yaoi, but I do watch the more eechi yaoi if I've heard of it.
No I don't it's just not for me. But I don't even know if gays read it. Most of my gay friends don't touch the stuff. Its mainly the girls I know that read it. o.O
I enjoy trap manga and doujin, but I can't get into yaoi.

edit:

It feels like Random is becoming the next Hentai Manga,Doujin, Video section everyday.
I consider myself mostly heterosexual, maybe Bi-curious, but I do enjoy reading some Yaoi. I prefer traps and whatnots, but if a particular story has a great plot (or art) then I'll read it.
Thanks for your honest answers. I had a good time reading them. They were very, very, very funny. I wasn't even expecting so many! Hehe...
Well, I got really fired up after reading Fujoshi Kanojo and a yaoi about a straight men kinda 'converting' so I just had to ask...
So far traps are winning. I guess they allow you to experience yaoi without labeling it. You pervs! =P
I wouldn't actually fap to yaoi... But it sure gets me on the mood to watch/read hentai and later on continue solo if I'm not too tired.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
It depends. How big of a part is the yaoi? If it's quite a big part of it, chances are you are further down the sliding scale than you think and have some homosexual tendencies.

That doesn't mean you want to run off and suck a cock immediately, just that you have some thoughts or interest towards such a thing.

If the main focus is not the yaoi and the romance is just another element to the story then you just accept that homosexuality is a style of romance and you just enjoy the story for the story.

So it's mostly just how big of a part of the story it is.
I never read any yaoi, althought I've taken a full boku no pico marathon and "kuro maid something something, which is also yaoi, don't know why though
Takerial wrote...
It depends. How big of a part is the yaoi? If it's quite a big part of it, chances are you are further down the sliding scale than you think and have some homosexual tendencies.

That doesn't mean you want to run off and suck a cock immediately, just that you have some thoughts or interest towards such a thing.

If the main focus is not the yaoi and the romance is just another element to the story then you just accept that homosexuality is a style of romance and you just enjoy the story for the story.

Well, I'm talking about full yaoi manga. Like the ones in manga sites, where it's all about the man x man relationship.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
XSeraphinX wrote...
Takerial wrote...

Well, I'm talking about full yaoi manga. Like the ones in manga sites, where it's all about the man x man relationship.

Then you have some homosexual tendencies and have some interest in such acts. It's really not uncommon for men it's just that in today's society men are suppose to be 'men' so many feel they have to only like women and only be interested in women.
strait guys do not read yaoi. if you are a guy and do read it then your bi and dont know it yet.
Idk I like mostly yuri, and sometimes venture into straight stuff due to a lack of yuri, but I have to admit I found loveless to be entertaining
I don't read it, but I have at least one straight friend that does. But yuri is nice :D
My boyfriend reads teahouse and pretty much any yaoi I tell him about he enjoys as well as any other good manga series. I don't think it turns him on per say but he enjoys the literary content.

I don't think it's unusual for a straight man to read yaoi, just like it isn't unusual for a straight girl to read yuri.
I've never actually met or talked to a guy that reads yaoi, but I know a shit ton of girls who are really into. I prefer yuri, myself though.
Takerial wrote...
XSeraphinX wrote...
Takerial wrote...

Then you have some homosexual tendencies and have some interest in such acts. It's really not uncommon for men it's just that in today's society men are suppose to be 'men' so many feel they have to only like women and only be interested in women.

However, I'm not a guy. I'm a girl. And even if I was, many straight girls enjoy yaoi and not yuri, just like most guys enjoy yuri and not yaoi. So this theory of 'enjoiyng homoerotci material = homosexual tendencies' isn't valid. Or they wouldn't be looking at characters of the opposite sex having homosexual relationships. But it's still your opinion so it's valid for you.
This kinda reminds me of the 'erotic rape vs reality rape' debate.
It's similar because one doesn't mean the other.
Forum Image: http://i.minus.com/ijEPcDGWegWAB.gif

ABANDON THREAD!!!
Yes, why not?
Pages Prev12345Next