Ben Affleck announced as new Batman

Pages 12Next
ToyManC Forgot my safe word
So, they just released that they chose Ben Affleck to star as Batman for the upcoming Batman/Superman crossover movie. Personally I think casting the star of Daredevil as Batman a truly epic failure, but am interested if anyone disagrees - and why?
Not a big fan of batman or Ben Affleck but I'm almost certain the new batman will be no where near Bale's batman. Honestly Nolans movies are too iconic now to be making another batman movie so soon, honestly this is all just a way for the hollywood studios to beat the batman horse to death for even more profit.
I'm not quite sure where I stand on this. Luckily(?) enough I haven't watched Daredevil but I keep hearing about his horrible performance there. Actually, I haven't seen much of Ben Affleck-movies at all in the last couple of years.

People say that he delivers in Argo and The Town, so who knows? All I know is that I'm happy to see something akin to The Dark Knight Returns up on the big screen, and that I'm not a huge fan of Bale as Batman(gasp!) or Nolans movies.
He's a better director than actor but I'll give him a shot.

Now if we only got that Wonder Woman movie...

EDIT: IN OTHER NEWS:

Forum Image: http://31.media.tumblr.com/0af71edb936bad470d890fc7795f3dc8/tumblr_ms0pk9DK8K1qzpxx1o2_r1_500.jpg

HEISENBERG IS LEX LUTHOR.
Deftera Mirage wrote...
Now if we only got that Wonder Woman movie...

No argument from me, I would be first in line to finally see the timid movie industry showcase Wonder Woman! They seem too scared of angering the feminists, even though WW is basically the embodiment of the empowered woman.

Edit: As for Luthor, I can see that. He can play a menacing character, and I doubt he would portray Luthor as a land-hungry comic foil.
I'm going to give Ben Affleck the benefit of the doubt here. He is an incredible actor and film maker as well I think he knows what films to be involved with. Enough time has passed since daredevil it's time we forget about that unusual creation.

However, He's one of my inspirations in the film industry so I'm a little biased on how I feel here. I wasn't too fond of Man of steel in the first place so the concept of adding any actor I like to the cast makes me happy.
..... Remember DareDevil???
mangaka350 wrote...
..... Remember DareDevil???

Unfortunately.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Kevin Smith must be super happy for his pal. Wonder if he'll bring it up on his podcast.
Tsujoi wrote...
Kevin Smith must be super happy for his pal. Wonder if he'll bring it up on his podcast.

This is my only hope for this casting. Most of the people that Kevin Smith associated with in the early days were comic book fans. Hopefully, Ben Affleck is enough of a fan, and an actor, to try to fit himself into the role of Batman. Unlike Ryan Reynolds, who tried to make the Green Lantern character of Hal Jordan into himself.
Ok, i give this guy a chance and i really hope he can play Bruce and Batman well. Unlike back in those days, that Keaton's Bruce was terrible and his Batman was fucking badass and Bale's Batman was terrible and his Bruce was badass~ :V

And remember, this is the same fucking reaction when Keaton was announced as Batman and they want him to dropped him out the role as Batman and Bruce LOL~ :V

Edit : And Heath as Joker... Before they hate him as Joker, and then they loved him now as the Joker~
I too will give Affleck the benefit of the doubt, although I'm sure John Hamm could have played the role terrifically. Plus he looks the part of Comic Bruce Wayne.

As far as Heisenberg as Luthor, I haven't seen Breaking bad so I'm sure you're not surprised I'm against it. Luthor is often portrayed as a young man around the age of Bruce. Having him as an old man could bring dynamics that Luthor often doesn't have with that pile of shit character Superman....fuck Superman...
monpekokero wrote...
I haven't seen Breaking bad so I'm sure you're not surprised I'm against it.

Are you waiting for it to finish or are you just not interested?
monpekokero wrote...
Luthor is often portrayed as a young man around the age of Bruce.

Depending on how they go with it it should be set when both Bruce and Luthor should be older. In The Dark Knight Returns Bruce is, after all, 55. Which brings some confusion when they cast an old Luthor but a young Batman.
Tsujoi wrote...
monpekokero wrote...
I haven't seen Breaking bad so I'm sure you're not surprised I'm against it.

Are you waiting for it to finish or are you just not interested?

I don't have Netflix so it's really a matter of where I can watch it from the beginning.
Chlor wrote...
monpekokero wrote...

Depending on how they go with it it should be set when both Bruce and Luthor should be older. In The Dark Knight Returns Bruce is, after all, 55. Which brings some confusion when they cast an old Luthor but a young Batman.

To be fair the Nolan Batman has nothing to do with the Man of Steel Batman, if I'm remembering correctly.
Tsujoi wrote...
Chlor wrote...
monpekokero wrote...

To be fair the Nolan Batman has nothing to do with the Man of Steel Batman, if I'm remembering correctly.

The Dark Knight Returns has nothing to do with Nolans movies either. It's a series of comics depicting Bruce Wayne as an old man, picking up the Batman cape again after being retired for 20 years.

This is the comic books that it's said that the Superman vs. Batman movie will be based on.
Chlor wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...
Chlor wrote...
monpekokero wrote...

The Dark Knight Returns has nothing to do with Nolans movies either. It's a series of comics depicting Bruce Wayne as an old man, picking up the Batman cape again after being retired for 20 years.
Oh right, derp. My bad.
I have mellowed a bit from my initial reaction to Affleck as Batman, and I am willing to wait until I see it to make up my mind, but I still have my reservations. I still believe he was chosen because his name will add an Oscar awarded actor to the Batman franchise. While he may have had a good number of successful movies, he has also had just as many disastrous movie bombs in his past as well. For now, I am content to wait and see what happens.
I'm actually pretty excited. Because I fucking liked Daredevil.
Pages 12Next