the 2ds

Pages Prev12
why it is a good idea
Not appealing to the eye but the games are what really matters isn't it? Getting this if I ever decide to play fire emblem awakening.
The cheese wedge design did throw me off a lot but really I don't see a problem that much I really don't take my DS outside much anyways.
Nintendo's stock fell 6.1 percent, the biggest drop since May 23

I wonder why...

Too much hardware, not enough software.
I have not gotten my hands on the 3DS and I would like to play SMT IV and fire emblem, and a few other jrpg. But I hate 3D, and I know I will never use the 3D on the 3DS so in think it's perfect... upset for its problem that it can't get into normal pockets, but other than that... I think I'll get it... you know, it's cheaper
The design wouldn't be as bad if the two screens were the same size.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Ammy wrote...

The 3DS does not have screens in the same size, though, so as another version of it, the 2DS can't have them either.
luinthoron wrote...
Ammy wrote...

The 3DS does not have screens in the same size, though, so as another version of it, the 2DS can't have them either.

I know. Just stating it anyways. The mismatched screens on the regular 3DS still look kind of odd in my opinion. I guess there does need to be room for the buttons though.
Another one of Nintendo's Gimmics.
OT: If a 5 year old drops that, its game over.
i see a 3g/4g/5g 3ds or the next gen ds/nintendo handheld
I've seen many strange handheld systems in my life,but this new 2DS game system is really,really,really bizarre. That is why the 3DS will always be the best game system in the world...PERIOD! (Except for the 3DS XL)
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
IncrontomentalVortex wrote...

It's spelled as "gimmicks". I don't see how this is a gimmick though, seeing as how they took the actual "gimmick" out.

And no. It seems more sturdy and child-proof. I've dropped my 3DS a couple times and the main weakspot is the hinges.
cruz737 wrote...

It's spelled as "gimmicks". I don't see how this is a gimmick though, seeing as how they took the actual "gimmick" out.

And no. It seems more sturdy and child-proof. I've dropped my 3DS a couple times and the main weakspot is the hinges.

>Screen is exposed
>Buttons are exposed
>camera is exposed
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
>camera is exposed

Outer cameras are always exposed even on the 3DS anyway.

As for the other complaints, I don't see how this differs from any handheld console aside from the DS and 3DS lines.
screen and buttons being exposed weren't a problem with the entire gameboy line up until the SP

things can take a beating, wouldn't worry about it
I'll probably get a 2DS sometime. The 3D is a neat feature, but I couldn't ever see myself using it too much. The larger form factor is good for me since my hands always felt somewhat cramped holding my DS. Looks like it might also be a bit better if set on a table while playing a very touch-oriented game. I don't travel much, so I usually play my portables at home, though it's not like something that's smaller than a tablet is hard to carry around.
It's bulky looking and doesn't fold, so it hardly looks good at all.
Yeah when I heard about the 2ds; I was like man they are really losing their minds or just want more money. I get it people hate the 3d on the ds and they want a new hand held that doesn't have it. Also its stupid that they made it a non-portable hand held, you took out easy carry for a big slab that has two screens.
Pages Prev12