Winter Writing Contest 2013: Finals Poll

Voting for this poll has ended.

In your opinion, which author and entry was the best?

Total Votes : 17
Xenon FAKKU Writer
All the top finalists have been decided and so the last step in deciding Fakku's Reader's Choice and Runner-up awards remains. Please vote for the author who you see fit winning such a prestigious award for their work.

The winner will be obvious when the poll ends in five days. The winners will be announced at the end of this poll.

As previously said: When you read each submission, please take a moment to stop when you finish and write the author a little note how and if you liked it or some constructive criticism they could benefit from. I know that if you are an author, you may want the same done for you. Happy reading and may the most astounding piece of literature be the victor. As a judge, I will withhold my comments until after the contest is over to those who request it.

Entries in this poll:

FGRaptor submitted Regret

HumbugsAssociate submitted Grampa Roberts Funeral

mibuchiha submitted An Exposition of the Mind

leonard267 submitted An Analysis

xninebreaker submitted Lost Warmth

Livided submitted Cold, fire and gauntlets
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
The person who wins these polls will receive a reading of the parody of the entries with compliments from leonard267! Come to think of it, with the exception of xnine and me, I have parodied all of their entries.
Congrats to the new finals entrants, leonard267 , xninebreaker and Livided.

I'll be sure to re-read all of the entries in the poll before making my vote.

Pssss: I can't believe that guy leonard267 and his 'rambles' - as he put it - actually get in :3 To think I was going to vote for him...
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
It's probably going to be tough picking a winner from the cream of the crop, so to speak.

But well, good luck to all finalists, you guys earned your spot. So, try for gold, yeah?
AssasinZAssasin wrote...
It's probably going to be tough picking a winner from the cream of the crop, so to speak.

But well, good luck to all finalists, you guys earned your spot. So, try for gold, yeah?

I feel like laughing Assassin. You give me way too much credit.
What happens if we achieve a 4-way tie?
Xenon FAKKU Writer
xninebreaker wrote...

Likely will not happen, but if it does, perhaps I will have another poll as a tie-breaker...or perhaps I'll just give you all prizes? I'm not sure. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Xenon wrote...
xninebreaker wrote...

Likely will not happen, but if it does, perhaps I will have another poll as a tie-breaker...or perhaps I'll just give you all prizes? I'm not sure. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If there is such a tie, I might have to read aloud all of the parodies that are written for those entries! xnine, I think I will make do with reading High's parody of your entry. I am so sorry that I am not able to come up with one for your entry.
Livided FAKKU Writer
Go go Raptor! :D
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Congratulations goes to xninebreaker for his winning submission Lost Warmth! The results show it so closely that you are the winner of the Reader's Choice award. The fact that the community has chosen your entry as their favorite is no small matter. It shows your skill and talent in the area of your literary expertise. Thank you, and I hope we continue to see more wonderful things come from your special couple. May happiness find them one day.

Congratulations also go to FGRaptor for his entry Regret. You have rightfully earned the Runner-up position!

Stand by for a winners thread to come in a few days when we will also reveal the winner of the Judge's Choice award.
wow it's so close man.

anyway, congratz to xnine and raptor for winning this one =D
Grats, Xnine.

My vote lead you higher.

How does it feel o3o
>tfw more people voted on the 2nd poll than the finals.
Livided FAKKU Writer
Two of my favorites won, big gz to both Xinebreaker and my boss Raptor! :D
Grats on winning, xnine and FGRaptor :3
Talk about coming home to a pleasant surprise! Thanks to everyone for voting (yes, you too Rise!).
xninebreaker wrote...
Talk about coming home to a pleasant surprise! Thanks to everyone for voting (yes, you too Rise!).

I am so going to pen a parody of your entry, xnine. And do a reading of high's parody of your entry.
Congratulations on winning xnine, and also grats to everyone who submitted an entry for the hard work. Let's look forward to clash again next year.
FGRaptor wrote...
Congratulations on winning xnine, and also grats to everyone who submitted an entry for the hard work. Let's look forward to clash again next year.

You got runner up! I am not sparing you either! Even though I must say it is going to be a challenge to sing that song I have included in my parody of your entry.