[Locked] Whelp SSFIV Players...

Pages 12Next
sakabato24 World Warrior
It's been a good 4 years that I've mained Sakura since Vanilla, but now it's time for me to depart with her as a main and switch back into playing O.Sagat and O.Ryu when Ultra comes out. Time to dust out Vanilla and start playing it again.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/OOhECaPwsho.*?[/youtube]

Reasoning -

During the Vanilla times of SFIV, Sakura was pretty bad as a character. Some of her glaring weakness was :
-Her low health
-Low damage. Even her Ultra was pretty bad. Only decent damage if she had Super meter for Ex Tatsu.
-j.Forward/Medium Kick didn't cross-up
-Her over head smashes were techable, even on the last hit
-There were characters that were just strictly better than her.

The only thing back then that made her decent was her resets off of Ex. Tatsu.

After SSIV come out, they nerfed every other character and only buffed her slightly to become a lot better. And as time went on, and patches, SSFIV:AE and 2012 were released, she gotten a lot better and when higher on the tier list due to the fact that she didn't need to be changed as often as the rest of the cast.

Now that Ultra presented itself in which you can play Vanilla characters again (e.g. O.Ryu, O.Sagat, O.Yun, etc.) I do feel like she's going to be lacking in terms of how the Vanilla characters are. Remember, she really didn't climb up on the tier list because of buffs or nerfs to her, but because of the nerfs of characters above her on the tier list strictly made her a better character than the cast.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Sakura will be good, and I will play her because of all the time and effort I put into learning her (4 goddamn years), but in terms of she being A tier still, I'd highly doubt it. She will drop back down to the mid-B tier, and characters that will out-shine her the most, were the characters that she dreaded back in the old Vanilla days. And as of today's competitive standards, it's either play someone that's very solid, or to just dedicated yourself to one character and hope for the best. I'd rather not take gambles when playing though, so I will be switching to playing a solid character and learning them.

/rant

Still though, I do think that adding this type of selection for the cast is going to be real fun. I have to run through my own memory banks and remember the tech that each individual character had during that time period, and provides extra character match-ups that I have to remember before I get blown up by it.

I did miss SSIFV Cammy. Good ol' instant Cannon Spikes. So good. Built meter from anywhere on the screen and was almost as good as dive kicks from SSFIV's Rufus.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Video game section exist for a reason.

Personally, won't be playing this. I don't want to pay for an update...again.
sakabato24 World Warrior
cruz737 wrote...
Video game section exist for a reason.

Personally, won't be playing this. I don't want to pay for an update...again.

Sorry. I did feel like posting this in the VG forums, but I do feel like this was more of a rant from me than anything else, so I posted it here.

As for paying for another update, I do agree with you in some aspects, but at the same time, I do feel like this version of SFIV will be a very new game in general. For me as a competitive fighting game player, I would compare this to how SFIV went into SSFIV, in how that update was fresh and compelling, unlike what Capcom did with AE, and AE2012, and I'm hoping for the best for it.
AE Yun here I come.
Im disappointed in you Saka.
how am I going to get back into playing street fighter again without someone to learn from?
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
I'll stick to my Guilty Gear and Mortal Kombat, thanks.
Mortal kombat is straight butt.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Maeve wrote...

Mmmm... butts...
Lughost the Lugoat
SSBB best fighter
Gravity cat the adequately amused
I don't play Fighters.

Comeatmebor
Kadushy Douchebag
I like my Tekken games.
>playing sf4
I just learnt of this new feature for Ultra SFIV, and since I'm still playing vanilla SF4 since it's launch, it will be a good thing for players like myself who stayed faithful to that version to pick up Ultra and try out the new possible matches of all versions.

I might pick it up, but there are already too many good fighters coming out this year as well, my sights are already on Guilty Gear Xrd and Blazblue: Chronophantsma.
Playing SFIV hentai
sakabato24 World Warrior
Fuck everything. I'll just drop this game and start playing animu fighters liek Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost, and BlazBloo.
guammastermind671 Da RL Lurker at FAKKU
Maeve wrote...

Kitana/Jade FtW!
sakabato24 World Warrior
Maeve wrote...
Im disappointed in you Saka.
how am I going to get back into playing street fighter again without someone to learn from?

By watching me on Stream on March 29-30 :

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/nrWLREEmXyA.*?[/youtube]

I'll be the only American there. If anything else, you can recognize me by my Arcade Stick :

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/IF80JINVF6A.*?[/youtube]

guammastermind671 wrote...
Maeve wrote...

Kitana/Jade FtW!

MK is butts. Need moar Kung Lao divekicks.
damn son, didn't I see that stick on some kof stream forever ago? You got rekt, I think. Now you gonna get rekt by madkof even harder.
Pages 12Next