What format would you prefer to download FAKKU Books in?

Pages 12345NextLast

What format would you prefer to download FAKKU Books in?

Total Votes : 4,137
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Some of you have been asking about what kind of formats digital FAKKU Books will be available in, so we decided to make a poll about it. Most of us in the staff prefer just regular ol' images in zip files, but we could naturally provide other options too if there's enough interest for them. If you have anything specific in mind, now's the time to make your voice heard.

You can also use this thread to ask general questions about the digital releases, like what image formats will be use, what kind of resolution options would you like to have and so on and so forth.

To those voting Other: Please elaborate on your preference in a comment! Otherwise we'll have no idea what kind of download options you'd like to see.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
zip or cbr since i like just using cdisplay anyways.
animefreak_usa wrote...
zip or cbr since i like just using cdisplay anyways.

This.

Having the images separate also introduces the option to make it into a pdf yourself.
Aokito Ojousama Thrilla!
Ryssen wrote...

Having the images separate also introduces the option to make it into a pdf yourself.

That's a very good reason. More flexibility.
How would you deal with the possibility of people distributing or sharing FAKKU books for free?

Also hi Diaz. Didn't know you went here for self-improvement.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
Preben wrote...
How would you deal with the possibility of people distributing or sharing FAKKU books for free?

That's what what I was thinking too, I like the idea of people actually having to buy it to help support Fakku.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Holoofyoistu wrote...
Preben wrote...

That's what what I was thinking too, I like the idea of people actually having to buy it to help support Fakku.

Obviously, you will need to buy FAKKU Books digitally to be able to legitimately download them from here.

As for piracy, no matter what we did someone would probably always find a way to share it illegally somehow, so with that in mind we're not going to let any kind of fears of piracy to get in the way of providing the best possible service for legitimate paying customers.

Also, it's Daiz, not Diaz.
I only want the fap format.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Had voted PDF, but I agree with what Freaks and Ryssen said so the first option is good for me.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Misaki_Chi wrote...
Had voted PDF, but I agree with what Freaks and Ryssen said so the first option is good for me.

It's not like we couldn't offer all the named options listed in the poll, so don't feel bad about voting for PDF. It's good to know how much interest there would be for it.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Daiz wrote...
Misaki_Chi wrote...

It's not like we couldn't offer all the named options listed in the poll, so don't feel bad about voting for PDF. It's good to know how much interest there would be for it.

Nice to hear and yeah, I think whatever format you guys use will be fine. Both of the top options are the most common and easiest to download/use. I think I'm just prone to PDF's since I deal with them on a daily basis, but I've used CBZ before and Ryssen has a point that you can convert CBZ to PDF if you wanted to. Either way, can't wait to see how this baby turns out! (^^)
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
I very much like the zip option, but a pdf is also a good additional option and really makes it look like an actual book instead of just separate images. Best would probably be to have at least both of these options.
Dispossessed Entity The Demonic Existance
I typically read the books online, but since it asked the preferred format download: ZIP.
ponyrein I am not I as appear
Personally I like E-Pub which uses Adobe Digital as a reader. The reader is free with many options for resizing and remembers where you left off reading.
or 7Zip (free)/winzip or Win RAR (not free)(I have the paid version of WINRAR and it is well worth the one time cost). Then I can use DomDomSoft Manga Reader which has a vertical presentation and runs the entire story No clicking to next page etc Just scroll down or up. (See Tegumi's sticky for link) It is also free and has resizing options and remembers where you left off as well.
How about the system asks us what format we want it in when it gets downloaded. that way everybody is happy!
I would like the option to download both pdf and zip. Give paying customers the feeling of power and choice.

T L
Epub looks great for me.

Is TiTikei available for pre order?
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Linkmet48 wrote...
Epub looks great for me.

Is TiTikei available for pre order?

Not yet but it will be in the future~
WitnessX Starship Captain
PDF makes the most sense to me, hence why I voted for it. I mean, most everyone has Adobe Acrobat, right?
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
I dunno, I normally just download files in ZIP and extract them out for collection purposes, but for reading I read online and also from the downloaded files.

Then again, everyone has their preferences so I have no idea.
Pages 12345NextLast