FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

InTraining ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sweet, that bug with the bottom portion of the page being cut off is fixed now! Full screen in Chrome is still causing weird things though. The readers full screen button now works 100% of the time, but using F11/Esc at any point causes the page to become a smaller page, as if it is set to "Fit-to-page-height" or something similar to that. An easy fix by just cycling through the readers full screen button. The star also isn't showing it as a favorite still too, but that's not a reader problem~

Good job on the update.
Well if I had knew that this book was only gona work on ios 7 +, I woulded had brough the digital copy. Because fakku Still work well on my good old Ipad1. I could not find the system requirement expect on this exclusive forum.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Earthdude wrote...
Well if I had knew that this book was only gona work on ios 7 +, I woulded had brough the digital copy. Because fakku Still work well on my good old Ipad1. I could not find the system requirement expect on this exclusive forum.

The requirement is listed as iOS 7+ because that's as far back I can reliably check if the expected HTML5 features are there. It might work on older iOS versions too, but based on your comment I guess it doesn't? If so, can you give details? And are you running iOS 5.1.1 (the latest version supported on the iPad 1)? If not, you should make sure everything's as up to date as possible.

And if it doesn't work right now, have you tried grabbing the DRM-free digital download and using it with a comic reading app on your iPad? I'd expect that to work out nicely even on an older iOS.
I have to say it's quite hard to adjust to simply scrolling. I would always use the page up/down instead of scrolling. But I can't do that now that I'm hopping pages.
mousy2294 wrote...
I have to say it's quite hard to adjust to simply scrolling. I would always use the page up/down instead of scrolling. But I can't do that now that I'm hopping pages.

Hmm that's a good point, considering the browser natively uses page up/page down to scroll the page maybe we should switch the hotkeys back in the new reader.
I really like the new reader but the one thing that really annoys me is the scrolling down to see the bottom of the page and it jumps to the next page
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
What percentage of the profit does artists get? I'm just curious.
FinalBoss wrote...
What percentage of the profit does artists get? I'm just curious.

This is the wrong topic to be asking this.

Legally we cannot share that information, that should be obvious. That said each artist gets a significant percentage of everything sold, they decide on their own how much of a percentage they want to receive. When you buy something you are literally supporting the artist, they are involved every step of the way.
Reading this on my samsung galaxy note tab 10.1 on the latest version of chrome. It seems to me the the tap to turn page function is very picky and find myself tapping mutiple time to turn pages. And I read in incognito mode for obvious reasons, which maybe why no such bookmark functionality works if there is any, but because of it always taking me to title. on bigger books such as this there should definitely be a thumbnails per page function or even table of contents to seperate the sections.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
With the availability of Punikano pre-order we've also updated the reader to a new version. The big new thing introduced in this version is the Chapter Menu, found in the top left corner of the reader:

Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/z2bM03S.png

You can go check it out in action with Renai Sample. Besides the menu, most changes in this version are various visual tweaks and various kinds of small fixes here and there.

Next on the list: More options (there will probably be a relatively quick update soon to add the ability to disable scroll wheel page changing) and even more options (a big thing is to allow pages to be wider than your window width - this will be quite a bit of work as it affects many parts in the reader from controls to scrolling to display).

As usual, if you find any bugs, report them here.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I'm not sure if this is just my taste in things, but the area in which your mouse has to move to make the UI appear seems rather large.

Cosmetic things that don't matter:

Would it be possible to have an option to fiddle with the opacity/color of the UI bars as well?

Would taking out the bottom UI bar and moving the Favorite/Chapter Skip buttons to the top look better? (Having a next/previous page arrow feels a bit redundant with how the reader is setup currently.)
I'm having an issue when I try to read Renai Sample, when I open it all I see is the background (various shades of white gray purple) no matter how long i wait for it to load. I just purchased it 20 minutes prior to this if thats a factor. And im using an ipad with iOs 8
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Tsujoi wrote...
I'm not sure if this is just my taste in things, but the area in which your mouse has to move to make the UI appear seems rather large.

While I did test and tune it pretty extensively, most of said testing was admittedly pretty much done at the vertical height of my own 1920x1200 monitor, and I guess it could feel quite large especially on screens bigger than that (since it's based on percentage of height). I might tweak it slightly in the future so that the show areas have a maximum height based on the actual UI size.
Tsujoi wrote...
Would it be possible to have an option to fiddle with the opacity/color of the UI bars as well?

Would you really have an use for this, considering the UI autohides and is supposed to be hidden most of the time when actually reading?
Tsujoi wrote...
Would taking out the bottom UI bar and moving the Favorite/Chapter Skip buttons to the top look better? (Having a next/previous page arrow feels a bit redundant with how the reader is setup currently.)

The way the UI is set up right now scales down quite nicely even to quite small mobile screens, and adding that many extra buttons to the top bar would have a negative effect on that, so I don't see myself changing it anytime soon. Plus it would make the space for the title even smaller in the top bar, which is already pretty small on tablets.
abelnightrode wrote...
I'm having an issue when I try to read Renai Sample, when I open it all I see is the background (various shades of white gray purple) no matter how long i wait for it to load. I just purchased it 20 minutes prior to this if thats a factor. And im using an ipad with iOs 8

Unfortunately, we can't seem to replicate this issue. It might be just some sort of temporary glitch, though - have you tried again since making your post? If it's still broken, you should tell us more info - what iPad do you have exactly, what iOS version are you running exactly, what browser are you using etc.
ksiyas Kanadefanboy
I dont like that it changes the page for me if i keep scrolling when i reach the bottom. Often times it is an accident and im not really done with the page.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
ksiyas wrote...
I dont like that it changes the page for me if i keep scrolling when i reach the bottom. Often times it is an accident and im not really done with the page.

An update was just pushed for the reader, and there is now an option to disable this - look for Scroll Wheel Page Change in the Preferences menu.
Firstly, thank you Daiz for taking your time to help myself and the other members of the Fakku legion. I tried reading it again and went through all the pages and all that changed was the background color with no image shown (page five did have the image however). I'm using iOS 8.0.3, safari as a browser, and iPAD model MD510LL/A (4th generation i think)
Daiz FAKKU Developer
abelnightrode wrote...
Firstly, thank you Daiz for taking your time to help myself and the other members of the Fakku legion. I tried reading it again and went through all the pages and all that changed was the background color with no image shown (page five did have the image however). I'm using iOS 8.0.3, safari as a browser, and iPAD model MD510LL/A (4th generation i think)

Hmm, that does sound like a bug of some sort... are you trying to read the book in portrait or landscape mode? Does changing the device orientation do anything?
Lol this was embarrassing, i rotated the iPad and Its working fine now. It seems to only work in profile and all this time I've only ever browsed Fakku in landscape due to the case it's in. Thank you so very much for your time and patience.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
abelnightrode wrote...
Lol this was embarrassing, i rotated the iPad and Its working fine now. It seems to only work in profile and all this time I've only ever browsed Fakku in landscape due to the case it's in. Thank you so very much for your time and patience.

No need to be embarrassed, as the images not showing in landscape mode is definitely a bug. I thought I squashed it a while back but seems like more work needs to be done in that regard.
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
A more responsive scrolling for the mouse scroll wheel would be nice or at least a way to adjust the sensitivity. Being able to drag the page up and down with the mouse would be great.
An official reader app for android and iOS would also be appreciated.