Physical + Digital Bundle

TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
So from what I understand, the free digital version included with purchases of the physical copy of books is currently just a perk for those who pre-order the first two books from FAKKU.

YQII wrote...
blackice85 wrote...
[...] I don't think there will always be a physical+digital bundle. I believe it was said that they'll be separate purchases.

That's correct. The pre-order bonuses will not always be the same. Although, for this book, we're going to have the same offer as with Renai Sample (free digital when you pre-order the physical version)! Again, pre-orders for this will be up shortly after Renai Sample is released on the 26th.

Jacob wrote...
Yes, once pre-orders end the digital edition will no longer be bundled with the paperback edition. But if you buy multiple digital editions you will (eventually) be able to send them to other users as gifts.

Has any consideration been given to perhaps keeping this as a perk for all pre-orders? Or perhaps having a Physical + Digital Bundle option available for everyone for let's say $24.95?

I must say that it would be nice if it were possible for you all to continue offering some form of discount to those who'd like to have both a digital version to read and a physical copy to go in their collection.
TrixieTang wrote...
YQII wrote...
blackice85 wrote...
[...] I don't think there will always be a physical+digital bundle. I believe it was said that they'll be separate purchases.

That's correct. The pre-order bonuses will not always be the same. Although, for this book, we're going to have the same offer as with Renai Sample (free digital when you pre-order the physical version)! Again, pre-orders for this will be up shortly after Renai Sample is released on the 26th.

Jacob wrote...
Yes, once pre-orders end the digital edition will no longer be bundled with the paperback edition. But if you buy multiple digital editions you will (eventually) be able to send them to other users as gifts.

So from what I understand, the free digital versions being included with purchases of the physical versions of books is currently just a perk for those who pre-order the first two books from FAKKU. Has any consideration been given to perhaps keeping this as a perk for all pre-orders? Or perhaps having a Physical + Digital Bundle option available for everyone for let's say $24.95?

I must say that it would be nice if it were possible for you all to continue offering some form of discount to those who'd like to have both a digital version to read and a physical version to go in their collection.

You are correct, for now the bundle is specifically a pre-order bonus. It will continue until the paperback edition of the book ships. I'm going to try to figure out a bundle deal post pre-orders, but at the moment we don't have anything officially planned.
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
Jacob wrote...

If I read well what OP said, it's more like he feared the bundle with free digital for pre-order would stop after Punikano and Renai Sample.
Likhos01 wrote...
Jacob wrote...

If I read well what OP said, it's more like he feared the bundle with free digital for pre-order would stop after Punikano and Renai Sample.

Originally that was the plan, but I think I am going to extend it to all future releases. However the "FAKKU Founder" achievement won't last much longer.
Jacob wrote...
Likhos01 wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Originally that was the plan, but I think I am going to extend it to all future releases. However the "FAKKU Founder" achievement won't last much longer.

I guess that's logical.

Maybe only extend the Fakku founder to the Three first releases that were announced.
(Ok maybe not Titikei since that one will be released later)
Likhos01 wrote...

I'm pretty sure that I was a girl last time I checked, and I don't think that I'm in one of those genderswap H-games right now...

Jacob wrote...
Originally that was the plan, but I think I am going to extend it to all future releases.

I think that that would be a good move, really. Having some way for customers to get Physical + Digital at a discounted price would likely result in sales that otherwise would have just been sales of the digital version.

And I really wouldn't have a problem with it if it stayed solely as a perk for pre-ordering. It's definitely a nice incentive to pre-order the physical copy if the digital version is included.
Zealecia Penultimate C.C. Lover
Anyway, I'd like to ask if there will be a price on just the physical paperbacks in the future. As it is right now, I'm planning to buy every digital release until the catalogue reaches about 10. After which I would totally love to buy all 10 of them in their paperbacks and ship them all over. Saving on shipping costs of course.

Also, there are those who like the anticipation of waiting for their paperbacks to arrive and completely miss out on an included digital copy. (Not that common, I'll admit. :P)

So yeah, main question would be the availability on orders for just the paperbacks.
TrixieTang wrote...
Likhos01 wrote...

I'm pretty sure that I was a girl last time I checked, and I don't think that I'm in one of those genderswap H-games right now...

Genders don't matter in a forum. It would have been rude for me to call you a "it".
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Zealecia wrote...
So yeah, main question would be the availability on orders for just the paperbacks.

Since the physical + digital option is pre-order only, it will be replaced by a physical-only option at the same price point after the pre-order period for a particular book ends (when the physical copies start actually shipping out for it).
Daiz wrote...
Zealecia wrote...

Since the physical + digital option is pre-order only, it will be replaced by a physical-only option at the same price point after the pre-order period for a particular book ends (when the physical copies start actually shipping out for it).

Woah, at the same price point seems pretty steep. I was initially expecting a 13~16 range for a physical only option. I guess my wallet's gonna have to burn quite a hole when the catalogue reaches 10 books. A whopping $200! @.@ And that's excluding shipping! @A@

Unless there's a discount for buying 10 at once? *twiddles thumbs*
Zealecia wrote...
Daiz wrote...
Zealecia wrote...

Woah, at the same price point seems pretty steep. I was initially expecting a 13~16 range for a physical only option. I guess my wallet's gonna have to burn quite a hole when the catalogue reaches 10 books. A whopping $200! @.@ And that's excluding shipping! @A@

Yeah the MSRP on the paperbacks is $19.95, the free digital is a pre-order bonus and not a bundle. But I do like TrixieTang's idea of having a bundle with both at $24.95
Jacob wrote...
Yeah the MSRP on the paperbacks is $19.95, the free digital is a pre-order bonus and not a bundle. But I do like TrixieTang's idea of having a bundle with both at $24.95

I guess I'll just save up then. Constant Steam sales have spoiled me I suppose. Still, glad to support Fakku! so make sure to keep up the quality releases. :D

Certainly don't mind throwing money in your direction at the rate things are going. :)
Zealecia wrote...
Jacob wrote...

I guess I'll just save up then. Constant Steam sales have spoiled me I suppose. Still, glad to support Fakku! so make sure to keep up the quality releases. :D

Certainly don't mind throwing money in your direction at the rate things are going. :)

Don't worry, we'll definitely have a big Christmas sale :)
Zealecia wrote...

I don't think that $19.95 is really that expensive considering what you get. I know that you can usually buy non-H manga for around $10, but quality isn't really what they focus on, and then there's the fact that many of the FAKKU books are going to have some full-color pages in them.

And as another point of reference, college books are generally a lot more expensive than $19.95, and they're generally far less educational than H-manga.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
Jacob wrote...

I'm mainly concerned with physical releases but for $5 more I wouldn't mind getting both.
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
blackice85 wrote...
I'm mainly concerned with physical releases but for $5 more I wouldn't mind getting both.

If I understood what Jacob said correctly that shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you keep buying it during the pre-order period.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
sadmir wrote...
blackice85 wrote...

If I understood what Jacob said correctly that shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you keep buying it during the pre-order period.

Yeah I plan to, and I think it's a good incentive to do so.
I agree with what blackice85 said. The free digital copy as a pre-order bonus for the physical copy is a good incentive to pre-order. If that program was discontinued I would not mind paying a couple of extra dollars to get a bundle with both physical and digital, though I may not be willing to do that for every title that comes out.

Additionally, I think that the achievements may be a good incentive to pre-order. I think it would be good to see other achievements for pre-ordering Fakku books in the future. Additionally it would be good to have achievements for owning "x" number of Fakku books, much like the current achievements for having "x" favorites or "x" posts on the forums.
TrixieTang wrote...
Zealecia wrote...

I don't think that $19.95 is really that expensive considering what you get. I know that you can usually buy non-H manga for around $10, but quality isn't really what they focus on, and then there's the fact that many of the FAKKU books are going to have some full-color pages in them.

And as another point of reference, college books are generally a lot more expensive than $19.95, and they're generally far less educational than H-manga.

I don't go onto the forums daily. But when I come back, I see such a witty comment. Also, A little thing has been bugging me. Making posts in the Fakku! Books subforum doesn't add to our post count! TrixieTang has a grand total of ZERO and I only have 2!